winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 14th, 2022, 03:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: 2022 updates?

I have to agree with Aeraaas's above Post 8.

Ukraine: I pointed out the Morale/Training issue about 3-4 weeks ago and I believe recommended it start I think I mentioned ~2018 or so. I received the answer to manually reset it.
But reading it'll be done in the patch is most welcomed, if true.

Russia: I know not all these troops are raw conscripts but most seem to be from the reports I'm seeing. That's the system they used, and we stopped a longtime ago after the Vietnam War in favor of a professional military. Germany did the same about 10 years ago. That being said, I to feel for the time being, we should leave those Russian troops alone for now, MOSTLY because I don't believe we have just "conscript" units in this game.

U.S.: I feel we're very happy at the performance of the JAVALIN ATGW to the point that it might be more effective than even we thought. And it's pointing out the glaring issue of how in particular to this conversation how vulnerable the T-72 (Also T-60 series and others as well.) series of tanks are to top attack weapons. Generally ~22 rounds are loaded in a carousal/or auto loader with the rest in the hull. That's the problem and that's why there have been so many videos showing Russian tanks with the turrets blown off them. Blow out panels would be nice to have as well. There's a reason we manually (Along with others.) load our ammo and store it in the turret bustle w/blow out panels.

Don for us, here's our tank from a few years back. This looks like they posted this in the not-too-distant past.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t72b4.htm

Potential FUMBLE!?! As being heavily reported now, them asking for weapons from China (Russia) will "open the door" for us and allies to do the same as Russia wouldn't have the "pretext" for the continued threat to NATO for exporting the same to the Ukraine. Some discussion about getting Ukraine Med. Rng. SAMs and SPAA (Those German GEPARD 1A2s?).
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/gepard.htm

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 14th, 2022 at 03:29 AM..
Old March 14th, 2022, 08:28 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2022 updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
I have to agree with Aeraaas's above Post 8.

Ukraine: I pointed out the Morale/Training issue about 3-4 weeks ago and I believe recommended it start I think I mentioned ~2018 or so. I received the answer to manually reset it.
But reading it'll be done in the patch is most welcomed, if true.
Of course it is. I posted a screenshot showing it

Quote:
to NATO for exporting the same to the Ukraine. Some discussion about getting Ukraine Med. Rng. SAMs and SPAA (Those German GEPARD 1A2s?).
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/gepard.htm

Regards,
Pat
I am not including the Gepard......yet. Not until we see one on the ground and right now the Russians have air supremacy which is why Ukraine is asking it to be declared a no-fly zone which is an "no-fly" idea ( ATM )... 10 years in storage Gepards are not going to be a turn-key drive away vehicles and crews need to be trained, manuals need to be written in Ukrainian not to mention any labelling inside the vehicle will be in German. These are not something that will show up (IMHO) for months......maybe.

Right now what Ukraine needs are Manpads that are easily moved by much smaller and less conspicuous targets than a Gepard is

Quote:
how vulnerable the T-72 (Also T-60 series and others as well.) series of tanks are to top attack weapons.
The T-72 was a mobile crematorium from day 1 and why the ones that we had rated higher than 4 survivability are now back to 4

EDIT. I may be wrong about this but I don't think there is an abundance of Top attack weapons in Ukraine and most of the spectacularly wrecked T-72 were done with more mundane AT weapons. There are few that won't take a T-72 from the side

FURTHER EDIT

Well I might be wrong about those Top attack missiles

That ,I am near certain, is an NLAW/RB-57 and the caption for that photo reads.....

Quote:
Ukrainian territorial defence forces with an anti-tank rocket launcher in the outskirts of Kyiv on Wednesday as the Russian military advances on the capital © Efrem Lukatsky/AP
So........ the TDF is getting "the good stuff" ( And I get to make adjustments to the OOB)

Quote:
Don for us, here's our tank from a few years back. This looks like they posted this in the not-too-distant past.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t72b4.htm
Note lots of talk about improved fire control but nothing about improved fire SUPPRESSION

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 14th, 2022 at 12:05 PM..
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

National Guard of Ukraine Purchases American-Made RPG-7 Launchers (May 20, 2018)

https://www.overtdefense.com/2018/05...g-7-launchers/

Quote:

Ammunition

SR-H1, a 3.82 kg 93 mm high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead that is able to penetrate 500 mm rolled homogeneous armour (RHA) and has tracer ability. Its effective range is at 500 m, while maximum range can reach up to 800 m. The fire rate is between 4 to 6 rounds per minute.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 14th, 2022 at 12:27 PM..
Old March 14th, 2022, 07:35 PM

Lieutenant General

NLAW yes, @ at 2000 from UK not quite three weeks ago.

JAVALIN our most recent CONFIRMED shipment @ around 1.5 weeks ago 17000 of them plus 2000 NEW STINGER missiles.

Does not include 100'Ss from Baltic states as confirmed delivered w/our permission.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...edgdhp&pc=U531
Most of the "?" have been cleared as of this posting.

Take note of the PANSERFAUST 3, I think RNG. & Pen. (800mm) better than in the game.

I posted same on GEPHART a couple of weeks ago, concur.

Fast losing my light, time to "clear my mind"!?!

YEAH to morale!! You've improved mine not that I need it, afterall I LOVE my job! Two-week inspection done last month another soon, we're flying high and don't mess with us. Just gotta keep it up for 5 more years.
Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 14th, 2022 at 07:43 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 14th, 2022, 07:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you check the three in the German OOB I think you'll find we are OK

http://www.military-today.com/firear...zerfaust_3.htm

Panzerfaust 3-T is a rocket with a tandem HEAT warhead. Letter "T" in the designation is for "Tandem". This weapon is efficient against armored vehicles fitted with ERA. Its precursor charge penetrates ERA, while the main charge penetrates base armor. This rocket penetrates 700 mm of steel armor behind era. This weapon weights 13.4 kg. It was adopted by the German army in 1998.

Panzerfaust 3-IT can defeat the latest and heavily armored tanks with explosive reactive armor. Some sources report that it penetrates more than 900 mm of steel armor. Judging by this figure penetration behind ERA could be around 700 mm. Developers claim that this version is capable of penetrating front armor of the Russian T-80U main battle tank. Its penetration is sufficient to penetrate armor of the American M1A2 Abrams and British Challenger 2 tanks. It has effective range of 400 m. This weapon weights 14.3 kg. In terms of penetration and range the Panzerfaust 3-IT outperforms many other anti-tank rocket launchers, including the Russian RPG-29 Vampir, RPG-30 and RPG-32. Only the Russian RPG-28 is more powerful.

Panzerfaust 3-IT 600 is basically a Panzerfaust 3-IT, equipped with optional Dynarange fire control unit. This unit includes a 3.5x magnification optical sight, laser rangefinder and ballistic calculator. This unit automatically measures distance to the target, target's speed and generates an aiming mark on reticle of the sighting device. This weapon is accurate against moving targets out to 600 m and has a high hit probability. It is an impressive range for a shoulder-launched anti-tank rocket, as most similar weapons are limited to 200-300 m range. In 2005 this version was adopted by the Dutch army.

Old March 14th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thanks, saw some that said out to 900m also. I know what I posted in last said 800m which I've seen elsewhere to. Ethier way you got it covered. I was just surprised by its performance, but then the original one in WWII was a very effective weapon as well for its time and a little after.

NLAW also caught me off guard somewhat, I will be "easy" on myself and just say, I forgot it was a "top attack" weapon which is also performing quite well to.

I really can't think of anytime of the above weapons have been used in such a high intensity and numbers in a combat situation as they are now. These things are defeating Shatora and VRISS like they don't even exist. I haven't seen a video yet that even indicates they've been activated, not a one.

Kind've reminds me of all those Declassified CIA/Russian Cold War documents I posted I don't know how many years ago. We feared their tanks and they feared our ATGM's (DRAGONs at first, fire it across a river or other large water obstacle and it could end up on the moon: doh:, early TOW not much better in the same situation.) so "Mutual FEAR" was the real weapon. This seems on the surface of it, seems to be no longer hold true.

I'm following very closely this current situation concerning of Russia requesting Military and Economic Aid from China. This shows the economic sanctions are starting to take hold. The Ruble had already lost over 30% of its value just on the 1st round of sanctions after which they closed their Stock Market almost 2 weeks ago. It has not reopened since because they know the currency has nowhere to go but down.

When this last happened to the U.S., we called it "The Great Depression. " and we know how that went. A later war would get us fully out of it. That was then and will not be the case for Russia as this war was the cause of their current economic situation. If you follow me, you know this is always a factor in my calculus.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 15th, 2022 at 12:32 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 15th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

Honestly don't we need a possible thread with possible excel in it with certain propositions on how to handle EXP and MOR for various nations? I honestly say both statistics are quite broken for many nations and I could make up a leeenghy topic on the matter why I believe so and what to change.

Question is whether you are open to such suggestion or do you consider it unnecessary involuntary fan spamming :P
Old March 15th, 2022, 09:18 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

All scenario designers can easily adjust morale and experience (amongst other things), with ScenHack. I have been doing this for years in all my scenarios I have created.
Old March 15th, 2022, 09:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Issues like this always arise after a RL event.

Going right back to the beginning when we had a number of people building OOB's one thing RARELY ever agreed on was EXP and MOR and what you probably don't know is in SPWW2 Morale can change by year.... MBT is by Decade

We lowered Ukrainian values after 2014 as their performance then was not very good but now it is and we've changed it for this decade but people could argue endlessly about this ( and did and still do if given the chance. )

THIS IS WHY THERE IS A TROOP QUALITY PREFERENCE BUTTON. If you don't think what we have is correct by your perception of events then change it

I can say this with some authority and we have said it before on this forum and on the one we had before this....... If we asked 100 people to give us 100 COMPLETE lists ( all nations not just their pet peeve ATM ) we would get 100 different lists back

Also, this game in many ways was designed around campaigns and in campaigns, as you progress you gain EXP and MOR for the units that survive and those that don't are replaced by green units with base-level EXP and MOR values and those are randomized ( almost everything in this game is randomized ) so a nation with a base level of 70 might generate valued as much has 8+ or - the base and if you start your game and the random number generator smiles on you you might get most units at or above the base...... if it frowns you might get most below

The bottom line is dial in what you think best if you don't like what you see us using. Start you own thread and thrash it out with anyone else who is interested. We will read it and consider it and maybe even agree with it.....or not but we have been down this road many times in the past

EDIT. The "TROOP QUALITY" can be set exactly as you want it to ( 62 for example ) and all units bought will have an experience of 62 + or - about 7 or 8 but "TROOP QUALITY" only adjusts experience. Morale stays whatever is in the code for that decade but it still allows players to make their own adjustments to the quality of the troops but remember that those values and the points charged go hand in hand. Low experience lowers the cost of units. A tank bought with 40 EXP might be 412....80 EXP 478

From the GG

Quote:
TROOP QUALITY

This is used to override the default "Country Training" values we have built into the code. For this button to work you MUST have the COUNTRY TRAINING button in the REALISM PREFERENCE box OFF. When you see XXX in TROOP QUALITY that means you will get what we have determined best suits that particular country for that particular year. If you feel these are too high or too low then turn COUNTRY TRAINING OFF and pick a number you think works better.

This is one of the most important controls in the game. Whenever you set this to a value, as you purchase troops their experience level is set to a number nearby the value you specify (a range spread around the value, but mainly below it). If you set it above the default 70, then your troops will cost you more buy points, and naturally if set under 70, you get cheaper units.

Experience level is what determines whether the unit is anything from 'green' to 'veteran'. The troop quality level is shown when you select a unit on map . It is shown as a number, and also as the 'rank graphic'. Green troops have less experience, lower morale, lower rally numbers and other deleterious things apply, troops with low experience get less shots per move for one. Veterans naturally get better abilities to hit things, better morale values, better rally numbers, and at the very high levels, more shots per move. In a single battle this is important, but in a campaign game its vital, as your troops go through the campaign their experience gets better, so the survival of your 'core' troops is important for they will progress in experience. (They also will be 'pointed' more, losing a 120 experience veteran tank to the AI will give it more 'kill' victory points than a similar tank of 70 experience points. Also, the AI will get more buy points as you gain experience during the campaign, as your troops get more experience, their points value increases, and you will likely have upgraded the tanks as well, so double increase in value, more expensive tank with better crewmen).

Remember that the points costs shown in the Encyclopaedia are based on the default 70 experience point level.

Last edited by DRG; March 15th, 2022 at 11:32 AM..
Old March 15th, 2022, 09:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

NLAW also caught me off guard somewhat, I will be "easy" on myself and just say, I forgot it was a "top attack" weapon which is also performing quite well to.

I really can't think of anytime of the above weapons have been used in such a high intensity and numbers in a combat situation as they are now. These things are defeating Shatora and VRISS like they don't even exist. I haven't seen a video yet that even indicates they've been activated, not a one.
Regards,
Pat

Pat this brings up a number of issues. In the game for right now. ALL Russian tanks have either active or passive ATGM systems because that was what was reported they had

Thinking they all simply DO NOT HAVE this installed.... It might be select vehicles only and that means we need to take it off some of them and make those units x2 common

OR

It's another case of cardbord ERA

OR

These things can be turned on and off and they have them off due to their own infantry working with them and active systems would NOT be real healthy for your own troops nearby

OR

these defensive suites are shown on demonstrators' and other manufacturers' samples and they just don't have the money to actually buy them

OR ( lots of ORs )

They just don't work as well in combat as they do on a test range

We don't know and chances are we won't ( at least for this next update ) but we will know a lot more in a year or so

Remember too that everything in this game for active equipment is at best estimates based on the information available

The answers would only be found in official mil intel docs that we (surprise surprise) don't have access to but might be revealed in a year or two as more of the wrecks are investigated

Whatever we do it's a slam dunk given someone will have an alternate POV

Last edited by DRG; March 15th, 2022 at 10:01 AM..