.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 5th, 2009, 01:20 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CPCS v. 0.4 - adds 46 new spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
My intention really wasn't to add spells just for the sake of adding spells, just some low-path requiment combat spells to give the nations secondary mages some use in combat. It now makes sure that each path combo has at least 2 usable combat spells. It might not be enough, thought. What if those spells are in schools you just won't be able to research?
What I'm trying to say is that I like it for an additional reason than those you intended... but I'm a big fan of more anyway
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Burn I'm very impressed by what you've done here, from a modding perspective it's exciting stuff. I will hopefully have a chance to test it a bit more this weekend.
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road

Burn: First, I've had a similar reasoning for wanting more spells, _for the exact same underlying reason_. (That is, A/F Phoenix just has no spells to make use of it.)

I'm playing CPCS along with CBM and Endo's Kaleva mod, and the Steam spell is brutal. With F3W1, and Phoenix Power, you can blanket entire areas of the enemy army, and they really do just keel over. It's fun stuff. It might need to be toned down a bit, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to VedalkenBear For This Useful Post:
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Well, I can see an A/F Phoenix kicking major *** with archers by casting desert wind, depending on how it scales.
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedalkenBear View Post
Burn: First, I've had a similar reasoning for wanting more spells, _for the exact same underlying reason_. (That is, A/F Phoenix just has no spells to make use of it.)

I'm playing CPCS along with CBM and Endo's Kaleva mod, and the Steam spell is brutal. With F3W1, and Phoenix Power, you can blanket entire areas of the enemy army, and they really do just keel over. It's fun stuff. It might need to be toned down a bit, though.
------ 2F1W - Steam Clouds: caster creates clouds of burning hot mist. AN fire damage.
Conj lev 3, R:25+, Prec:3, AoE:1, NoE:3+, Dam: 2+(AN, fire), cloud lasts for 2 turns, UW-

The problem probably lies in the number of effects. Althought the damage is minor, the clouds can stack on top of each other and the cause massive damage. I'll probably change it to NoE:2+ and make the damage just 2 (non-scaleable with extra fire magic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Well, I can see an A/F Phoenix kicking major *** with archers by casting desert wind, depending on how it scales.
----- 1F1A - Blessing of the Desert Wind = Small AoE, grants Wind Guide and Flaming Arrows
Thau lev 3, R:5+, Fat:40, Prec:10, AoE:1+, UW-

It's AoE:1+ so it scales with one extra square after each extra fire level. So my F6A6 phoenic could bless 6 squares of archers. (that's 24 flame arrowed and guided archers!)

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road

Burn: I think one or the other change (and I lean towards the NoE change) would be sufficient.
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Private

whiplashomega is on a distinguished road

While more specific and dedicated play testers than myself have actual constructive criticism to give, I'm afraid I have nothing but praise. I've been playing with this mod enacted most of the time for about a month now, and I've never noticed anything other than seamless integration into the larger game. I appreciate the nice work.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41788
The Following User Says Thank You to whiplashomega For This Useful Post:
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplashomega View Post
While more specific and dedicated play testers than myself have actual constructive criticism to give, I'm afraid I have nothing but praise.
Don't worry, praise is good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplashomega View Post
I've been playing with this mod enacted most of the time for about a month now, and I've never noticed anything other than seamless integration into the larger game.
Well, seamless integration is exactly the thing I'm going for. Nice to hear that it's working.

I'll probably start recruiting folk to CPCS MP game at the end of the month. So anyone out there has suggestions and ideas, please speak up so that I'll be able to get the changes incorporated to the new version I'll probably make in preparation of the game (I have the Steam spell to fix, might just as well fix something else while I'm at it).

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:22 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Oooh... I really want to find time to look really carefully at CPCS and help with the long-promised English suggestions. Unfortunately my thesis, combined with my poor time management, is foiling me (haven't been able to fire up Dom3 for a fair while now). Hopefully soon! I'm very excited about this and the Holy War mods.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:08 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
Oooh... I really want to find time to look really carefully at CPCS and help with the long-promised English suggestions. Unfortunately my thesis, combined with my poor time management, is foiling me (haven't been able to fire up Dom3 for a fair while now). Hopefully soon! I'm very excited about this and the Holy War mods.
No problem with the comments. Real life >>>>>> dom3. My mod production effectiveness will go down at the end of this month as my intership ends and I can really start working, that's why I'm working like possessed on my modding projects now.