Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 9th, 2022, 07:06 AM

Private

RedDevil is on a distinguished road
Question couple questions

Greetings, 1st time using your forum for some questions. Owner since 2007 of both WinSp games. 1st time I couldn't find an answer in the manual!

1st : I'm playing a PBEM, Japan defend against Marines. My OPP only has a few booby traps/ demo charges left on the map. Neither of us has moved for 4 turns now, but the game won't end? We're on turn 43 of 53 now, just pass clicking the turns out.. How does it end? We haven't found a surrender key in the manual?

2nd : In the same game, I have some troops in the top left of the map, about 4 hexes from the edge, that turn to 99 suppression every turn with no one shooting /shelling them.. am I in some reup area or exit area that's penalizing them for getting to close? They won't rout out of the area but aren't taking damage either

3rd: In a long Campaign games as various sides vs the AI, I've noticed that on several turns now, that ALL my INF/ AT/ AA/ units not loaded, gain some suppression,(from 2 - 6 points) with out any shelling or firing upon them. None of the vehicle units gain any.
Is this something new with the update?

Many Thanks!, for your time reading/answering and keeping these games alive!

Dev
Old April 9th, 2022, 10:51 PM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: couple questions

1. There's no Surrender Battle button. So the only way to proceed to the end of the battle is to finish the turns.

2. Sounds like out of contact with command element and likely more than 70% of own units destroyed so your cohesion is extremely flaky.

3. Same as #2.
The Following User Says Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old April 10th, 2022, 07:41 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeena View Post
2. Sounds like out of contact with command element and likely more than 70% of own units destroyed so your cohesion is extremely flaky.

3. Same as #2.
Sigeena, thanks for replying.

#2 answer sounds logical, however in that particular area, only 1 unit has 4 damage *m3a1 tank, waiting on the turn to verify the damage on the other unit *USMC Raider platoon, and contact.. Overall damage to my forces is no where near 70%, maybe 12-15%? of course I could be wronged and all, but will have to wait for the end game results

#3 answer? not anywhere near the damages or coherence factors, with my overall forces.
Just weird that ALL non loaded soft units get suppression and no hard targets get any, and the AI had not fired any shots.

Thanks again
Dev
Old April 10th, 2022, 09:34 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Has your HQ been destroyed/routed? - bad for morale and communications.

Are your troops on the baseline in contact with thier HQs? - if not, bad for morale. In WW2, not many infantry have radios, so if > 3=4 hexes from HQ, wont have messenger contact with HQ.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old April 10th, 2022, 09:36 AM

Oh yes, forgot one - are these infantry units depleted (50+% damage?) - much more likely to fail morale checks and be auto-pinned especially if out of contact then.
Old April 10th, 2022, 09:58 AM

Private

Mobhack, in reference to the campaign games, no, my Hqs are not destroyed and most, if not all of my troopers, are in contact with their local HQs or have suffered such damages.

It's just strange that several turns have resulted in suppression to everyone, not loaded or armored, without any shelling or shooting.

Dev
Old April 10th, 2022, 11:32 AM

Probably just something weird with the random number generator then since it's not something I've seen happen.

Most runners and such would normally be beaten up, and/or out of command control, parked in flame hexes etc, and/or the force is broken.
Old April 10th, 2022, 01:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

There are a lot of systems in the game that the random number generator may affect a particular installation one way that may not another. It's not a bug it's what keeps the game from being predictable. I see A LOT more low light battles on first start up than Andy does

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 10th, 2022, 03:47 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Probably just something weird with the random number generator then since it's not something I've seen happen.

Most runners and such would normally be beaten up, and/or out of command control, parked in flame hexes etc, and/or the force is broken.
It's definitely something new with the recent update, I've never noticed it before myself, and I've had this game since SSI days, all the way thru the development here.

My men are simply in formations, advancing, and I end my turn, get a few notes on clearing some wire/ mines/teeth and it's my turn... every one of my softies have some sort of "mild" suppression, anyone loaded or armored gains none.

Not that it's bugging my game, just weird that I have to go and rally EVERYONE.. It doesn't occur every turn, perhaps between 3-5 turns it occurs again.

I thought it was happening during my PBEM game as well, as it seemed everyone was suppressed a couple of turns here and there and I know my OPP didn't shoot at every single troop on the map.

Whether it's a new thing to deal with, or a coding mistake, it sure is a ***** to deal with when you have 150 units to rally up from 2-6.. I think my R button is dragging.. LOL

Cheers all!
Dev
Old April 10th, 2022, 03:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The thing is this is the first report we've had about that and the last update is over a year old now so that in itself is a bit odd there has only been this report of it

All ask the obvious question.
In preferences do you have Auto Rally ON or OFF?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....