BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 21st, 2022, 09:04 PM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road
Default German Pioneer Rockets?

Howdy! While playing through Steel Panthers with a friend we recently came across the Germany Pioneers mounting 32cm Flame rockets. This is a nasty weapon for sure, but I have to ask what they represent. With a range of 41 they're downright vicious against everything in their way, even with two shots of ammo they're an almost guaranteed auto-rout against any poor infantry in their way. What would they be in real life? Did German engineers carry racks of rockets with them during the war?
Old June 22nd, 2022, 05:10 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Pioneer Rockets?

The german engineers would haul these thiungs up to take care of bunkers etc on occasion, apparently.

They only have the 2 rounds, and so I have never used them myself since they are a one trick pony due to this. Have never encountered the enemy AI using them either.

Not sure if they should have the full infantry speed of 6 while lugging these big lumps around, but not really a "war winner". I'd rather have me a flame thrower..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old June 22nd, 2022, 07:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
.........the packing crates that the rockets arrived in were designed so as to be suitable for firing the rocket without the need for the two-wheeled carriage component. Small support legs were folded down to provide the elevation. More importantly, this little quality broadened the tactical value of the 28/32cm NbW 41 series considerably as the weapon did not require the dedicated launcher to be used. As such, the crates could be mounted in different configurations and used on vehicles or as fixed positions.

There are two units in the German OOB that have them. One Heer with the flame rocket and, one SS with an HE rocket Both are RC1 so rare which is why they are very rarely used by the AI and very rarely "discovered" by players even though they have been in the OOB's since the DOS days

I just "discovered" this launcher for them and *may add it to the OOB

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; June 22nd, 2022 at 07:21 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 22nd, 2022, 07:36 PM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply! This is an interesting weapon to be sure, though I find it downright hilarious to imagine an infantry squad running at a dead sprint while carrying two of these. If the German OOB wasn't packed to the gills as it was it'd be fun to see it as that independent launcher. As it stands, maybe reduce the speed?
The Following User Says Thank You to lukerduker123 For This Useful Post: