Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM

Private

drez is on a distinguished road
Default Yugoslav OOB

Hello, I've bought several 2011 mechanized companies from the Yugoslavian (Serbia and Montenegro) OOB which makes use of the M-80 series ICV. This is great, but if I choose to use the M-80 as my ICV and I wish to use 82mm mortars then there is a problem because the mortars do not fit into the ICV! Perhaps in a future update you can make it so the mortars use a different transport when you purchase an entire mech company?

cheers,

drez

EDIT*** OK a little more delving and I can say that the both the 81mm and the 82mm mortars simply do not fit in the M-80 series ICVs. Should the M-80's increase their carry capacity or should they just not be an option for the mortars?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yugoslav OOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
Hello, I've bought several 2011 mechanized companies from the Yugoslavian (Serbia and Montenegro) OOB which makes use of the M-80 series ICV. This is great, but if I choose to use the M-80 as my ICV and I wish to use 82mm mortars then there is a problem because the mortars do not fit into the ICV! Perhaps in a future update you can make it so the mortars use a different transport when you purchase an entire mech company?

cheers,

drez

EDIT*** OK a little more delving and I can say that the both the 81mm and the 82mm mortars simply do not fit in the M-80 series ICVs. Should the M-80's increase their carry capacity or should they just not be an option for the mortars?
The formation probably needs looking at, since it seems to have a battalion's worth of medium mortars (6 tubes) - at company level.

The mech mortar platoon is trying to fit a 2 tube section in each of 3xAPC. The OOB probably needs a single mortar element for that formation (3x1x60mms?). And most likely, would be in light/medium trucks (since I don't see a 7 man IFV (which the later ones are) being used simply as a carrier for dismounted mortar teams).

Much the same could be said of all the other formations - the leg companies have 2x3 60mm for example. It likely should only be a single 3x60mm mortar section element.

Probably, an previous OOB designer thought the mortars were singles, not sections of 2 or 3 tubes per element?.

Cheers
Andy
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yugoslav OOB

On the list........The mortars may very well have been singles when it was first built. I'll check back when I get to this

Don