Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 5th, 2019, 05:14 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Yes I get that as well and I have alerted Shrapnel they may have a problem

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 5th, 2019, 07:46 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road

We are testing the forums.
Old November 12th, 2019, 12:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

While looking for an answer concerning the VCI T-20 (So far Crew 3/Carry 6/8 4x4/6x6 (One source indicating they carried a Sniper Team. Also Global Security is reporting it with a 25mm turret.)) in the French OOB Thread, I came across this multi-sourced document that might be of some interest to the Forum. Acknowledgements are on the last past page to include JANE's and other well respected sources. This was a industry prepared document in preparation of a Defense Industry Show.

List is by country, region and or continent.
http://rfventures.co/wp-content/uplo...d-vehicles.pdf

Regards,
Pat

Post Script: The above mentioned 25mm turret is for the VBCI/VCI sub unit. Para 7 & 8 is where this is detailed and more.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...led-apc-04100/

Now I'm done.

Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 12th, 2019 at 01:03 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 24th, 2019, 07:39 PM

Lieutenant General

A little change of pace but, something I think for the time period involved, it would've been fun to have a handful of these running around our "game board" so with that I leave you with a little light reading on one of those "what ifs" that never made it.

The French ELC EVEN Twin 30mm and 90mm Tank Destroyer.
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/elc-even/

Pic:
Well I can't seem to get the picture to show up here, though it copied into "My Pictures" perfectly fine. But I really like the ELC EVEN 90mm picture in the ref. as compared to the Citroen 2CV.

Regards,
Pat
Attached Images

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 24th, 2019 at 08:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 25th, 2019, 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Well I reported on the Russian T-90M/T-90MS (Export) about 3yrs. ago or more. The T-90MS was the first to see service in I believe Kazakhstan.

One of the first sightings while still on trials of the T-90M was in late 2017/or early 2018 (Which I posted on.) and the tank (UNIT 059) has a start date of 10/2018 which by my best estimate at this time should be 10/2020 or 01/2021.

Why haven't I brought this up sooner? Well I believe I have by simply stating along the lines of "it was to early" and quite frankly, I didn't have enough information to do any "good" tread analysis to recommend a change concerning the date. I think, I now do.

I think Don generally feels the same as I do about chasing "START" dates for equipment in the game. Though the issues that have plagued the following and others we had no control over, and there are still plenty of them for each of these tanks that are still ongoing, all we can do is react, correct and keep our fingers crossed.

So again here appear the ALTAY, ARJUN Mk 2 and ARMATA (T-14). I'm not seeing ANY news on these tanks "directly" not even anything closely to what I'm posting below for the T-90M even for months. This situation is causing me to "stick to my guns" that none of the above with possibly the exception of the ALTAY will reach FOC before 06/2023.

I'd rather given the choice from just even a psychological POV, that it's like being in the desert and seeing an oasis that you never seem to reach, I'd rather move it back in time, knowing I have already drank the water before moving on. If you follow me. Maybe the "fine tuning" of dates might be the only thing that gets done in 2026 for the last possible patch, so maybe we have until then to find out for sure. But they're not in service now.

Anyway...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/nove...to_troops.html

Upon careful review of the above ref, you'll note two other different topics within the same article as well.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 26th, 2019 at 02:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 27th, 2019, 03:55 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Start (and sometimes end) dates are always "fun".

Base it on the first operational deployment?
Base it on the first full unit equipped?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 28th, 2019, 04:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Here's something for everyone. I've downloaded the Russian deck, though I wish they would've orientated the cards differently.

So Happy Thanksgiving (U.S) and for everyone else, an early Merry Christmas!!
https://www.armyrecognition.com/nove...cognition.html

Regards,
Pat

P.S. My system is CLEAN (Just did my monthly MS Malicious Software scan two days ago for instance and other security checks.), when I clicked on the thread I was redirected to a site saying my Flash Player is outdated (BIG RED FLAG THERE!!) and a home improvement site. Just saying not very nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:11 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
P.S. My system is CLEAN (Just did my monthly MS Malicious Software scan two days ago for instance and other security checks.), when I clicked on the thread I was redirected to a site saying my Flash Player is outdated (BIG RED FLAG THERE!!) and a home improvement site. Just saying not very nice.
I too am getting random tabs opening and only on these forums.

I downloaded Opera, transferred bookmarks etc and uninstalled firefox - still happening

I downloaded chrome, uninstalled Opera, went to shrapnel site on chrome and attempted to enter my username etc - BANG - redirect to another spam site appears in a new tab.

Trying to navigate around the forums, occasional spam new tab, various sites or "utilities" offered.

So - open up a virtual machine running UBUNTU Linux, so absolutely no connection to anything on the main box, navigate to these forums using Firefox on there, and again as I tried to enter my details on the login section - WHAM! - a new tab pops up wit unwanted crap.

I had run 2 different anti--viruses on the box in between each new browser install, no results.

The only common denominator is trying to access these forums, so my unfortunate conclusion is that there is some sort of hijack code exploit running on the server
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: MBT's

< I had mentioned that Andy had some problems too but he beat me to the post >

FWIW I have had no issues at all but I DL'd and ran the MS Malicious Software scanner and my computer came back clean but I have a number of other checks for these kind of attacks running and have not had any in quite awhile

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; November 28th, 2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old November 29th, 2019, 02:17 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Can't say as I have had any issues.

Win 10, Firefox, Spybot.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein