The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 14th, 2008, 06:33 AM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road
Default AZ\'s Marvelous HifH Competition/Plea For Help!

With Hell is for Heroes finally concluded, and with the last round of revisions due to be completed within the next couple days, I'll be putting up copies on se.net and maybe se5.com (as an exercise in flamebaiting or egosturbation, I'm not sure which). But I was thinking, what about you, denziens of Shrapnel, my loyal (ish ) fans for these last three-and-a-bit years, don't you deserve something special?

Well, the only thing I could think of was a nice little PDF available only from this forum, and I was thinking about throwing a couple pieces of artwork in there too, but then I realized that given my timeline for getting art done, you'd be getting your virtual mitts on my thank you present around 2010.

So, I'm throwing it open to anyone with a bit of artistic skill. 3D renderings, 2D digital art, painting, pen & pencil, whatever your medium, have at it. I'm placing no limitations on what you come up with, though I'd prefer if it had something vaguely to do with HifH.

The winner of the competition, decided by a poll after an acceptable number of submissions has been recieved (I'm thinking 2 or 3, but feel free to surprise me), will win the dubious honour of having their creation be the "cover art", while the rest will be scattered throughout the PDF as small bits of "flavour" art.

Unless I don't get sufficient submissions, in which case I'll resort to Plan B: A handful of hastily thrown together DoGa renderings and a crude scrawling of me making an obscene gesture at the end.
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Captain

TurinTurambar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AZ\'s Marvelous HifH Competition/Plea For Help!

*/me wishes he had more time on his hands..... that's right up my alley.

Geekdom is eternal... you will be assimilated... resistance is futile.

A+ Se GdY S++ Fr- C* Cs* Sf- Ai++ Au>M! M- Mp! S@ Ss+ R! Pw+ Fq++ Nd? Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb-- L-- Tcp

'We, the weird, chasing the pointless, for no reason at all, have been finding out things that have no effect on anything important for at least a couple days and are now qualified to chase our tails to the merriment of all watching.'-Narf et al

"Of course, you don't want to be going about handing out immortality willy-nilly, that just wouldn't be responsible." -O'Shea
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AZ\'s Marvelous HifH Competition/Plea For Help!

Quote:
TurinTurambar said:
*/me wishes he had more time on his hands..... that's right up my alley.
Take your time. I mean, with the deluge of entries piling up, *kicks tumbleweed* I can't guarantee anything, but I've no real timeline set at present.