BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old February 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Blazers Mod - Campaign 2

Glad you liked it, heemdream.
Thanks for posting the bug. I misspelled "carrier" through the whole campaign. I tried to fix on the version 1.1, but as you are pointing out I obviously forgot another file. Well I fixed again, and reloaded under version 1.2 (updated 02/14/06).

So, those who have already downloaded StarBlazers-Campaign2_v1.1.rar and do not want to download the new version just do as follow to fix the bug:
Open the folder: Campaign 2 - Quest for Iscandar -->Images --> Portrait
Then add an "r" to the "ShieldLayout_G_Carier_Revenge.bmp"
When done it should look like this: "ShieldLayout_G_Carrier_Revenge.bmp"
That's it!

For some reason I thought that we had more help on the utility folder. I am not very good at graphics, but looking right here on the posts I found a few people mentioning different ways to make ships. So read the old links.
I started with "SolidWorks" then transferred to "3dmax", then to "anim8or" (a free program), and finally used "LithUnwrap" (a free program) for the skins. I believe that "3dmax" can do all but I do not know how to use it. I only used "3dmax" to transfer format. "anim8or" and "LithUnwrap" may also be all you need, and are free. Keep asking around here, and also on the SE pages, and I am sure that some one will be able to help.

Someone ask about StarFury beign too dark: To increase/decrease brightness use "K" and "L".
Old March 20th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Star Blazers Mod - Campaign 2

Hello, I just posted the third update on the Star Blazers mod.

Version 1.3 (updated 03/20/06).

I finally went over the grammar of the two campaigns, with my brother's help (his grammars is much better tham mine), and it was vastly improved. I also fix a problem of the "Sea of Pluto" port were the mission text was not showing up on "Campaign 1", and fixed a few inconsistencies of "Campaign 2".

In the short future I will also be posting a spanish language patch, for the spanish natives who have trouble following the story in english.

As always, every time I tend to do an update I mess up someting else that was working fine. If that happens let me know. I hope that this will be the last update.

note: for the one or two people who downloded 'Campaign 2' during 3/20 to 3/25/06, the 'rar' file size was like 12 mb, it should have been 16 mb, so oviously it did not upload completely, I just notice that and uploaded again, now is ok.
Old April 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Star Blazers Mod - A New Mod!

Early announcement:
I’m bored again, so I decided to create another mod. It will not follow any previous StarBlazers story line, but it will be on the StarBlazers Universe, since I have over 2 dozen ships from the previous mod that I can reuse. Creating new ships is a time consuming process for me, still I will be creating around 18 additional new ones for the new mod.
I have a few new ideas that I want to implement. New “what if” scenarios that will be fun to see how they play out. The Argo will not be the strongest ship on the game. This mod is going to be hard, to satisfy some players looking for a challenge!
I do not have a title yet, maybe “The fourth dimension”, or the “Multiverse”. I do not have the full story either. So will see, hopefully will be done sometime this summer!
Old September 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Star Blazers Mod

I added the mod to the "Mod DB" site. A few months ago I requested the 'Star Fury' game to be added to their list and they did!
So there you can see the profile I did for the Mod (nothing new for the regulars here), but I did add some images that shows how the ships in the game look. So check it out. This is the link:
http://mods.moddb.com/7768/star-blazers-mod/