This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 1st, 2022, 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SPWWIII next edition of games series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
I have to say I am disappointed. Glad, but disappointed the Russians suck so much in this war. Ukraine still has remnants of its already tiny airforce, artillery too and air defense. The Russians have supply issues and I am very very weirded out about some of their tactics.
I am glad they are not doing better and I hope so much that they fail completely.
Still, it looks like they have become kind of a joke. I mean, if not for their nuclear weapons I don't think they could successfully invade even a small to medium size country which has normal size armed forces.
As for tougher opponents...yeah.

Let's hope this ends soon and Putler one way or another gets out of the picture.

I have to say I strongly disagree with you Wdll. I don’t see anything that tells me that Russian offensive is stalled and that they’re about to lose. They are well on schedule and their setbacks are not catastrophic.
I think we are spoiled by US invasions with minimal losses that we lose the big picture. One, Ukraine is not Iraq and the force disparity is not as great as it was with USA vs. Iraq. Two, US operational tempo is slower than the Russian one. American way of war is to bomb and shell enemy forces for days, or even weeks before any ground operation begins. Russian ground operations began at day 1. Also, no US commander would think that an assault like the one in Hostomel airfield is a good idea. Reason for that is that it is too risky for the airborne troops participating. Russians do these stuff because they see the big picture: the operational level. If you accomplish objectives fast, then that more than justifies any tactical setbacks you’ve suffered along the way.
In addition to that, there’s nothing to suggest that they do not follow their own doctrine, which is more or less known to the west by now. CRPs/Forward detachments probe forward. If they find resistance, they try to find another route. Advance is swift and dangerous for supply trucks (hence the problems with logistics). The goal is to not get bogged down in urban fighting but keep moving in the Ukrainian interior lines, either isolating strongpoints or forcing the Ukrainians to use their reserves. When the latter are committed/ identified, then the Russian follow-up forces will get into the fray. So far we’ve seen T72B3s, BMP2s, MTLB and so on. These are fairly old equipment which begs the question where are the good stuff? Where are the T90s, BMP3s and so on? Well, these are waiting in Operational Maneuver Groups, waiting for the moment to finish the Ukrainians off.
Ukrainians have won the PR war, especially in the Western media, but this can lead us to have wrong assumptions about the reality on the ground. Posting a video of 3 Russian wrecks of the CRP is good for morale, but that’s about it. Not to mention the huge amount of fake stuff that is being posted everywhere.
I’m sorry if I sound pessimistic, I really hope the Ukrainians pull this off. But that does not change the fact that they are in a really tough spot. Could they win this? I mean, maybe. There are no sure things in war. Just as the Iraqis could beat the Americans theoretically. But in both cases, the odds were not in them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old March 1st, 2022, 12:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

All I can say is........yep.

There are many ways for this to go depending on random factors nobody could foresee but 200 Spartans went down in history for an against-all-odds defence against overwhelming odds that eventually overwhelmed them.

The Russians have not even begun to hit as hard as they are capable of which has many puzzled but it may be part of the plan......why use more force than needed when you have at your disposal WAY more force than could possibly be needed?

Here's an even more pessimistic prediction....... all those weapons being sent from the west will end up in Russian warehouses to be sold to whoever has the money to pay for them.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 1st, 2022, 12:24 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

To give the Russians credit they have restrained themselves. This is a low intensity operation and I think the Russians are purposely keeping civilian casualties and property damage down by intent. I am sure if they wanted too, the Russians could have made ruin piles of those cities with several hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Personally I think the West in particular the jackass Biden administration is responsible for pushing Russia to war. I think that the Canadian Dictator is a puppet (as well as Biden the jack ***) and the Democrats want a war with Russia because they are blood thirsty power mongers. The Left Wing 'State sponsored' media is fueling this stuff.
Old March 1st, 2022, 12:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Like most things......" it's complicated". Bidens son and perhaps Joe as well have deep business interests in Ukraine that could all evaporate.

Plus ( IMHO ) there is not a lot of "quality" leadership in the "Woke West". Zelensky looks positively Churchillian in comparison and he's an actor and comedian best known for playing the part of President! The clown running things here taught English and Drama when he wasn't going to parties in blackface and living well off a trust fun and now he and his deputy PM give pronouncements...on policy...in short sentences... like they are... speaking to... a class... of kindergarden... children.... who are ...a little ..."slow".

A comment passed on to me from Andy who picked it up online

Quote:
The thing we should be worried about is the fact that Russia has been building hypersonic missiles and the US has been building gender-neutral bathrooms"!
....a simplification but still....... The ONLY innocents in all this are the children being killed (as always)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 1st, 2022 at 01:41 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 1st, 2022, 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Look at that are instruction for parents of that childerns were are safe spots in apartment building home to sleep. Secound tiny wall my save life during fights inside city. source https://twitter.com/rnbo_gov_ua/stat...59462109929479

Old March 1st, 2022, 08:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Like most things......" it's complicated". Bidens son and perhaps Joe as well have deep business interests in Ukraine that could all evaporate.

Plus ( IMHO ) there is not a lot of "quality" leadership in the "Woke West". Zelensky looks positively Churchillian in comparison and he's an actor and comedian best known for playing the part of President! The clown running things here taught English and Drama when he wasn't going to parties in blackface and living well off a trust fun and now he and his deputy PM give pronouncements...on policy...in short sentences... like they are... speaking to... a class... of kindergarden... children.... who are ...a little ..."slow".

A comment passed on to me from Andy who picked it up online

Quote:
The thing we should be worried about is the fact that Russia has been building hypersonic missiles and the US has been building gender-neutral bathrooms"!
....a simplification but still....... The ONLY innocents in all this are the children being killed (as always)
Indeed. IMHO Putin has read Western weakness and degeneration to a T. They say he's crazy but it may be more a projection of Western Woke insanity onto a hardball leader of a country which still respects its heritage and honors its heroes, instead of trashing them in a relentless hunt for "racist, sexist, homophobic" postmodern witches. For some of us conservatives the tyranny of Moscow looks more amenable than the tyranny of Woke. North America as we knew it hardly exists anymore. A sad commentary on current affairs.

BTW getting back to military concerns has anyone heard anything about relatively warm weather in Ukraine turning offroad terrain to mud, thus restricting most Russian vehicles to paved roads? Despite this (if true) a 40-mile-long Russian armored convoy seems to have proceeded practically unscathed towards Kiev. Whatever happens one hopes this situation ends with minimal loss of civilian life and destruction.

Last edited by jivemi; March 1st, 2022 at 08:19 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old March 1st, 2022, 11:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Greetings fellow wargamers. At the risk of antagonizing anyone with a somewhat discordant point of view here is a cold-blooded, in-depth presentation---which considers things you're unlikely to see on Western media these days---of why Russia invaded Ukraine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE&t=4s

I HIGHLY recommend watching this

Thanks Jon

Old March 2nd, 2022, 03:41 AM

First Lieutenant

Something also happens in Russia https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...aina-sie-broni too this is info about childern's which takes part in Russian protests probably together with their parents and now when parents will go to the work camp? (who now meaby they will see a white Bear's from window of special orphanage)

https://twitter.com/DmytroKuleba/sta...JOkx19-ZxM_o0Q
https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova?r...aina-sie-broni

BTW. That must be very brave when you have around 10 years

Update in case of Belorusians
This is an info about Belorusians on Ukrainian side and their mesage to Lukaszenko Army https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova/s...q5N6pdCuCVkO5g

Last edited by blazejos; March 2nd, 2022 at 05:27 AM..
Old March 3rd, 2022, 06:05 PM

First Lieutenant

Official Ukrainian statement that they start to repair captured equipment from battlefields.

This is the SBRM "Tiger". Almost new, low mileage, engine, box and running goals. There are traces of burning and small residues of organic.
The car will serve Ukraine well.

So we can assume that during this war on Ukrainian side captured vehicles and tanks even if are a little bit "scratched" can go back to the front against former owners by technical cannibalism simple they build one from two. Probably the same happens with vehicles stolen by farmers

On Russian side we heard in first days that they used captured vehicles to equipping V-column in Ukrainians uniforms which rushed inside Kyev city under false flag.

25 February Oblon district
https://twitter.com/i/status/1497123672196276229

The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old March 3rd, 2022, 08:14 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
I have to say I am disappointed. Glad, but disappointed the Russians suck so much in this war. Ukraine still has remnants of its already tiny airforce, artillery too and air defense. The Russians have supply issues and I am very very weirded out about some of their tactics.
I am glad they are not doing better and I hope so much that they fail completely.
Still, it looks like they have become kind of a joke. I mean, if not for their nuclear weapons I don't think they could successfully invade even a small to medium size country which has normal size armed forces.
As for tougher opponents...yeah.

Let's hope this ends soon and Putler one way or another gets out of the picture.

I have to say I strongly disagree with you Wdll. I don’t see anything that tells me that Russian offensive is stalled and that they’re about to lose. They are well on schedule and their setbacks are not catastrophic.
I think we are spoiled by US invasions with minimal losses that we lose the big picture. One, Ukraine is not Iraq and the force disparity is not as great as it was with USA vs. Iraq. Two, US operational tempo is slower than the Russian one. American way of war is to bomb and shell enemy forces for days, or even weeks before any ground operation begins. Russian ground operations began at day 1. Also, no US commander would think that an assault like the one in Hostomel airfield is a good idea. Reason for that is that it is too risky for the airborne troops participating. Russians do these stuff because they see the big picture: the operational level. If you accomplish objectives fast, then that more than justifies any tactical setbacks you’ve suffered along the way.
In addition to that, there’s nothing to suggest that they do not follow their own doctrine, which is more or less known to the west by now. CRPs/Forward detachments probe forward. If they find resistance, they try to find another route. Advance is swift and dangerous for supply trucks (hence the problems with logistics). The goal is to not get bogged down in urban fighting but keep moving in the Ukrainian interior lines, either isolating strongpoints or forcing the Ukrainians to use their reserves. When the latter are committed/ identified, then the Russian follow-up forces will get into the fray. So far we’ve seen T72B3s, BMP2s, MTLB and so on. These are fairly old equipment which begs the question where are the good stuff? Where are the T90s, BMP3s and so on? Well, these are waiting in Operational Maneuver Groups, waiting for the moment to finish the Ukrainians off.
Ukrainians have won the PR war, especially in the Western media, but this can lead us to have wrong assumptions about the reality on the ground. Posting a video of 3 Russian wrecks of the CRP is good for morale, but that’s about it. Not to mention the huge amount of fake stuff that is being posted everywhere.
I’m sorry if I sound pessimistic, I really hope the Ukrainians pull this off. But that does not change the fact that they are in a really tough spot. Could they win this? I mean, maybe. There are no sure things in war. Just as the Iraqis could beat the Americans theoretically. But in both cases, the odds were not in them.
Am I missing something? When did I say the Russians are going to lose?
I said I hope they are going to lose. Unfortunately for my bank account, what I wish for and what I get is not the same thing.

I am neither really optimistic or pessimistic about this war, having in mind that I do want Ukraine to not lose.
I do believe the game is not lost, as long as the people of Ukraine keep on fighting even if Russia manages to capture all major cities. Russia doesn't have the army, the economy or the stomach for a prolonged war of attrition against a country and people as large as Ukraine.
Russia still has the advantage, but as far as I am concerned it is not a done deal.

And I know most people would call me crazy about this, but I strongly am in favor of military intervention from NATO. IF Russia wins and wins relatively soon, it will not only have another 40 or so million people under their boots, Russia will not stop knowing the West is not willing to actively stop them. They will continue. Perhaps Moldavia, perhaps Georgia or more...optimistic.
Russia will not use nuclear weapons in the case of NATO intervention for Ukraine.

Putler and Co are not crazy, they act crazy because they know it sells.