BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Old January 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM

Private

Rosseau is on a distinguished road
Default The State of World Supremacy

I bought this game the day it came out based solely on Aaron's reputation.

I love the fact of how moddable it is, smooth UI, random maps, etc.

There is no point in sending you a screen shot, save game file, etc.

I have tried and tried, but the AI is clueless when it comes to building and defending its territories. It builds 9 useless buildings on the border with me instead of units.

How difficult could it be to code in some logical building priorities for the AI?

Worse case, how hard could it be to program a "tank rush" strategy for the AI?

These two things alone might give me a challenging game. Why don't you just release the code and less us try it?

I don't need to tell you how many great games I could have bought during the Steam and GamersGate holiday sales with the $30 I spent on this game. Let's see...the entire HOI3 and Europa Universalis collection, to start with.

I read somewhere there is a new Space Empires game of some sort in development. If said developer is involved, there is zero chance I buy.

I've been playing computer games since late 1980s and still enjoy Dominions 3. That is quite a compliment considering how dated the game is - but support is legendary.

Ever hear of Empires of Steel at Battlefront? Brit, the developer, probably didn't make much more than you. But I have never seen a more responsive developer ever. The guy was nearly broke and he kept coding.

Off-topic, but you need to line up some decent titles. "Bronze" is not going to do it for you.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:56 AM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The State of World Supremacy

I could say a lot of things about this game(?), but I won't.

I thought the demo of bronze was good ,not my cup of tea, but well done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skirmisher For This Useful Post:
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:28 PM

Private

1SG is on a distinguished road

I just bought the game and like the game for what it was design to do. Mostly just for entertainment.

I see That I am a year late and several dollars short after reading all the Forum post. I agree that the mod data needs some tweeking which I have already started to do myself. Looks like most of the mods already posted are along the same lines of what I would consider to be more realistic.
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:07 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I also won't comment any further on this game, but it's nice to see some new people here.
Old January 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Private

Looks like everyone that has been playing this game and on this forum for quite a while has mostly given up on any more updates, bug fixes and patches. I have found that most games lack a good AI. I did find out that if I play this game with only 2 players, me and 1 computer player on a Gigantic map which allows for a big land grab, I give the computer a better advantage by me making a decision not to build any factories whch makes me have to re-supply over great distances where the computer can build factories as it advances along. helps to balance the AI somewhat..
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:42 AM

Private

Thanks for the advice. I will try this. I just can't get over the AI building routines, for example. They real show what little went into that aspect of the game. It's a blessing that I'm a terrible player in general, but this AI I can beat. We'll see...thanks again.
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:57 AM

Sergeant

Yeah, the AI is the main flaw of the game. It was even worse in the first versions, has been improved a bit by the patches (most notably in the last one). In the unpatched release version the AI for example couldn't use nukes and could only make one attack per turn which gave it even more of an disadvantage as in the most recent version of the game, but it still needs improvements.
The first thing I noted after playing my first games in 2010 was that I won each game, I never lost, and even in the patched version you have to give the AI some advantage intentionally to have a real challenge.

It isn't really able to react to player's actions, for example it is totally helpless against massive nuclear attacks. By using nukes you can win each game so I avoided building them in the last games I played.
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:37 PM

Private

I just find that it leaves its front lines undefended and builds a lot of unnecessary buildings that don't make sense. I'll have to try it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosseau For This Useful Post:
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:32 AM

Sergeant

That's right. It should build lots of cheap units (infantry) in factories near the attacked territories, and build fortifications in the right places. It also tends to draw back its troops when attacked, so that you can often take territories without a fight.
Did you notice that you can take ANY land territory just by building extreme amounts of infantry? If the force is big enough they'll overwhelm all stronger units.
Old January 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Private

Does anyone know for sure that the fortifications actually give your land units any defense advantage. I played a hot seat game with myself to do a controled test and based on all damage points inflicted on the defender units there was no defense increase advantage to the defender? I even tryed a +10 value and still no difference. see below:

Number Of Special Abilities := 1
Special Ability 1 Type := Combat Defense Modifier
Special Ability 1 Description := Increases the defense rating of all Land Units by +10.
Special Ability 1 Amount := 10
The Following User Says Thank You to 1SG For This Useful Post: