BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old December 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Private

Hayek is on a distinguished road
Default Renaming task forces?

As far as I'm aware, this is not possible - assuming it isn't, could we please have it? It seems like such an easy but so, so useful feature to put in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hayek For This Useful Post:
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Private

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Renaming task forces?

I agree! See my post Interface: How to Get Summary Info.
Old January 1st, 2009, 09:01 AM

Private

Skanvak is on a distinguished road

I support this thread. It will be very nice if we can rename TF. It will add flavor and will unable us to give meaningful name to our TF to remind their purpose (Home Fleet for example).

Skanvak
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM

Private

I had to the wish list :
_ setting manually the homebase for the TF, because it is not clear where your TF will return each time.
_ being able to chose exactly how many and from where the aircraft came when rienforcing a base from nearby base.

Skanvak
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM

Private

OTGamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanvak View Post
_ setting manually the homebase for the TF, because it is not clear where your TF will return each time.
Currently, a TF rebase is achieved by a patrol mission to the desired base or a patrol mission close to the desired re-base base. A TF on a raid mission returns to the original home base, unless the original home can't accommodate the TF, in which case it returns to the nearest accommodating base (nearest to the raided area).

Quote:
_ being able to chose exactly how many and from where the aircraft came when rienforcing a base from nearby base.
Although picking the number of aircraft to reinforce would be a nice option, keep in mind it is a step back from the strategic command of the game. A commander at the scope of this game would issue a "reinforce" order; he would not micromanage the number. Perhaps a "lock" command would be better (and easier to code), which would lock a base's aircraft from reinforcing an adjacent base. That way you could ensure a forward base is not taxed to support a safer base.

There may also be game design considerations that limited this decision (i.e., the ability to leap frog massive air assets in a manner that unbalanced game play)
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:33 AM

Private

_ for rebasing, it does not always work if say, there are 2 major bases close to your patrol point. ex: Japanese CV fleet in Home island patrol Singapore and rebase to Home Island instead of Formosa. That demonstrate both the need and possibility to set a 3 points mission manualy : that is TF base at A go patrol B and rebase at C. I'd like more control on that.

_ The problem with reinforcement if that is I want to reinforce both tarawa and Esperitu santo for ex, they will take aircraft from each other, and that is defenetly not the strategic plan!!!

Skanvak
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM

Sergeant

JMHawkins is on a distinguished road

I'll add renaming TFs to the Suggestions database. I'll also add something for air reinforcements to address the issue Skanvak mentioned (wanting to reinforce both of two neighboring bases).

For rebasing, as OTGamer said, a patrol mission to the new base is the way to do it. If you want your CVs based at a particular major port, you can have them patrol that port and they will base there. Yes, I know, you need them to patrol a different base! That's part of the choice you have to make in ship usage. Patrolling a minor base means (for a CV or BB) spending as much time at the base as possible to protect it, steaming off for refuelling/replenishment to the nearest base. Patrolling Borneo from the Home Islands means a pretty incomplete patrol since the ships would spend most of their time steaming back and forth. So, the game defaults to the nearest suitable base so as to maximize time on station.

John Hawkins
KE Studios

Last edited by JMHawkins; January 3rd, 2009 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: added sig.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Private

Thanks for the addition.

M. Hawkins, the problem, which might be a bug, is that in the example you give, the TF relocate at Home island (instead of Formosa which is closer).

May be an information of where the program will rebase the TF will be enough (so as to know what we are doing).

Skanvak
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM

Sergeant

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for the addition.

M. Hawkins, the problem, which might be a bug, is that in the example you give, the TF relocate at Home island (instead of Formosa which is closer).

May be an information of where the program will rebase the TF will be enough (so as to know what we are doing).
It does seem a bit random at times, but for me the unpredicability is good as well.

Cheers MarkL