.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Small games available (Blitz or Player vs AI or SemiRand or Chaos or CBM)

Latest patch is to Dominions 3.23b
and CBM 1.6

As requested, there is now a one-stop check screen for those who do not need the descriptions of each game type and additional info. It lists the games, ports, which games are open, AND which ones have someone joined that is waiting for more players to begin.

http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/waiting_chk.cgi

New games have been created. Pick one and make it yours.
See this thread.. How to Run a Game

The open blitz games can be found here.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/blitz_chk.cgi

Games with three allied AI's vs 1 to 4 human players.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/vsAI_chk.cgi

Games with 3 allied AI's vs 1 to 4 players on 80 province maps that have been run thru the SemiRandomizer program to add interesting provinces to the game.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/srand_chk.cgi

Games with 3 allied AI's vs 1 to 4 players on 80 province maps that have been run thru the chaotisizer program.
BEWARE! Scout carefully and take nothing for granted.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/Chaos_chk.cgi

The open CBM modded games can be found here.
http://game.dom3minions.com/bin/cbm_chk.cgi

More games to come later.
Feel free to suggest some.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)

Last edited by Gandalf Parker; January 30th, 2010 at 01:10 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Small games available (Blitz, CBM and Allied AI's)

Note that new games have been added to the server.
Players vs AIs. Three AIs are randomly selected and placed into the game allied with each other. They will not attack each other, only the human players. You can play singly against them. Or start a game with other human players and ally against the AIs. The game allows 1 to 4 human players along with the 3 AIs on a randomly generated 80 province map.

This is a good way for newbies to break into multiplaying. You can get used to the way such games run, and the messaging, the dealing, etc without feeling like a lamb in a lions den.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old August 31st, 2008, 12:21 AM

Private

charshep is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gandalf

I tried playing an AI game but I wasn't able to start it. In the "Select Nation" screen it appears as though something continues to cause the screen to update so I'm not able to scroll down to the Start Game button quickly enough to actually click it (on Linux). Haven't seen this before but I assume it's a dom3 issue. I don't know what you could do about this except maybe remove a nation or two so users don't have to scroll down to click Start Game.
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Note that new games have been added to the server.
Players vs AIs. Three AIs are randomly selected and placed into the game allied with each other. They will not attack each other, only the human players. You can play singly against them. Or start a game with other human players and ally against the AIs. The game allows 1 to 4 human players along with the 3 AIs on a randomly generated 80 province map.

This is a good way for newbies to break into multiplaying. You can get used to the way such games run, and the messaging, the dealing, etc without feeling like a lamb in a lions den.

Gandalf Parker
By the way, how do you set up the AIs as allies?
Old August 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM

Corporal

BesucherXia is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your work, Gandalf.

Should this tread be pinned? I think it should get more favor and gather other ones' notice.

Last edited by BesucherXia; August 31st, 2008 at 12:55 PM..
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM

Corporal

46852 is on a distinguished road

I accidentally started a game alone (vsAI_tarot, port 6778)... could the admin (Gandalf?) somehow reset that game? I was really only just testing how the server works.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46852 View Post
I accidentally started a game alone (vsAI_tarot, port 6778)... could the admin (Gandalf?) somehow reset that game? I was really only just testing how the server works.
Actually the vsAI games will allow you to play with one person. But I will kill that one and start a replacement game. Its easier than restarting it.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesucherXia View Post
Thanks for your work, Gandalf.

Should this tread be pinned? I think it should get more favor and gather other ones' notice.
I dont like too many pins. Its mentioned in the sticky about MP servers (which needs redone I guess), and then resurrecting this thread once in awhile helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old August 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

Digress is on a distinguished road

I think the sticky about MP servers could be redone - if I get time I could have a whack at writing something for some more responsible person.
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes when it was done, each poster could edit their own post for changes. Now only the first post can be edited. So it will need to be a shortlist of the servers, with added notes about each one in posts following that.