Default Re: Helo News game related.

Info about lose of Mi-8MTPR-1 EW helicopter which looks like ordinary new Mi-8
https://mil.in.ua/en/news/the-russia...ew-helicopter/
https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and...n_20-6704.html

Old December 23rd, 2023, 11:34 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Rather nice vid on CCP helo development and types.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h00t5mn_Xao

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old February 17th, 2024, 03:24 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Helo News game related.

USA "FARA" goes the way of the "COMMANCHE" (Which already was in the game when I came along but, not for long soon afterwards!?! ) The first is where I found this out and the second goes into greater detail on how it's affected other USA helicopter programs along with some "pipe dreams" such as the COMMANCHE (And now FARA.) and others.
https://www.flightglobal.com/helicop...ent=newsletter
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ed/ar-BB1igrVm

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old February 17th, 2024, 09:51 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The RAH-66 was in the July/2003 version of the US OOB but gone by the March/2005 release. There was an early "future" weapons phase some OOB designers went through which caused no end of aggravation later on when none of the projects made it past the "great idea" phase. At the time it was put in the project had not yet been canceled ( 2004)

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 18th, 2024, 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Don was getting that "SECURI" notification again and had to delete all my references concerning the below You know how I do business for now based on that the below is good. I had 10-12 refs to support what I have below but am "burnt out" at present the one's about NORWAY are good. Something on Shrapnel's security side must not like "linked" articles attached to MSN and Yahoo. It's just my best guess because one or the other above caused an issue you might remember on a post; I sent a PM to you on within the last months. I was able to post it upon removal. Just would be nice to know if the site changed its security protocols concerning refs from the web, never saw this "SECURI" issue until recently but verified that is a web-based security firm.

They actually were around for much longer the COMMANCHE see "FBPP" for the following:

Page 3; Post #27 11-21-10, 07:40 PM Item 4 and

Page 4; Post #40 01-23-11, 09:03 PM HELO Section Items D3. & D4. (Israel) bottom of the page.

That a small part of 3 almost full pages of submissions in the Patch Post Thread in the time above.

My favorite post was when I submitted the NH-90 (Top of Page 5 Item A4.) (That turned out to be a very unreliable helicopter.) for the "hidden" OOB of NEW ZEALAND I came across in the game!?!

Anyway to say the least it didn't get in the game.

I think Don would agree if he went done "memory lane" after this would agree was "one heck of a year" or something like that.

Also submitted a couple of more "clean up" items at the very bottom of that same page, one of which I believe went back to the original game.

New Zealand above, just reminded me of the following:

AUSTRAILIA/CHANGE/NZ MH-90/UNIT 446/NAME/NH-90 Taipan VICE NZ NH-90 (Sorry I had to laugh when I saw that given the above!)/END DATE/SEP 2023 VICE DEC 2025. // These helicopters have been nothing but trouble since they've operated. Germany is another major operator that's had problems with one European operator telling the manufacturer to take theirs back, and they did. A second tragic crash late last Summer was "The straw that broke the camel's back. "

They were planned to be in service until 2037.

And as seems usual when I find things:
NEVER MIND the at first, I thought there was more to the next until I rechecked it.

AUSTRAILIA/CHANGE/S-70 BLACKHAWK/UNIT 444/NAME/S-70A-9 Black Hawk VICE S-70 BLACKHAWK. // A minor change for a rainy day but it is their designation.

AUSTRAILIA/CHANGE/UH-60 Blackhawk/UNIT 445/NAME/UH-60M Black Hawk VICE UH-60 Blackhawk/START DATE/JUN/or OCT 2024 VICE APR 2024. // They only have 3 helos at this time being used for training. Thought I saw an article where they were thinking of leasing more from the USA
to expediate the training program. As you might remember I get the OFFICIAL Army "Newspaper" every week so like with the BOXER you'll have the FOC when I get it from them.

And BEFORE SOMEONE THINKS ABOUT IT, OFFICIAL means just that and NOT like ARMY TIMES/NAVY TIMES/MARINE CORPS TIMES etc. here.

Worthwhile "bits" from the above refs.:

"The irony of the entire Australian NH90 fiasco is that the nightmare helicopter was originally selected in preference to the UH-60M Black Hawk under the Air 9000 Australian Additional Battlefield Mobility Helicopter program back in 2004-05, apparently due to political and industrial considerations rather than operational ones."

"Australia is also expecting the delivery of new AH-64E Apache helicopters starting in 2025, to replace the Eurocopter EC665 Tiger attack helicopters."

IN CLOSING:

Concerning the NH-90 Taipan I can see END DATE of JUL 2023 as they did not fly again after the accident that month. What I summitted though was the official date vice the "safety-stand down" date. .

NORWAY was the country that has cancelled the contract and told them to come and get the rest.
"The Defense Ministry is concerned that “as of today, only eight have been delivered in a fully operational configuration. The fleet is currently required to provide 3,900 flight hours annually but in recent years it has averaged only about 700 hours.”
https://breakingdefense.com/2022/06/...r-replacement/

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...demands-refund
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...rs-with-mh-60r
(Between 2025-2027.)

Australia ALSO operates the MH-60R I didn't see it in the OOB. Bit tired if you or someone else wants to check please.
I believe I read they were on loan from the Navy for operational and ground support.

I can run this down tomorrow for info you need all I want is OOB VERIFICATION AND IF YOU WANT THEM IN IF NOT THERE.

This has been CAPS LOCK OR NOT mess throughout this post all day yesterday doing checks in continuous rain for over 8 hours and 7.5 miles. Unable to sleep (And counting sheep felt like I was checking buildings, magazines and other things again. If they come again tonight I'll sheer them and roast them when I'm finished. )

Regards,
Pat

Added 2250 my time.
From the Army News edition dated 31 August 2023 about 6 weeks after the crash and grounding of the NH-90; I highlighted key data below to support JULY END DATE which is more plausible now based on next below AHEAD of the article.

If you recall I discussed a similar issue with South Africa having grounded their ROOIVALK for 18 months (Which we did as well.) with a gap until I submitted the ROOIVALK Mk I when it became operational.

See FBPP Thread Page 11 Post #105 in A1 & C6 for more.

"Combined air assault a success
Capt Joanne Leca

Soldiers from 4 Regt, RAA take up positions during a bilateral air assault exercise on Exercise Alon. Photos: LCpl Riley Blennerhassett
MORE than 600 soldiers from the ADF, Philippines and US conducted an air assault near Rizal, the Philippines, during Exercise Alon as part of Indo-Pacific Endeavour.

Using a combination of air, sea, and land actions, with support from the US Marine Corps, the exercise began on August 20 with insertion of ground combat elements via MV-22B Osprey from MRF-D (USMC-Mine), launched from HMAS Canberra.

Close air support was provided by RAAF E-7A Wedge tail and F-35A Lightning II aircraft.

A helicopter assault force then established a link with the 3rd Philippine Marine Bde to secure the Punta Baja Airfield, and set up a forward arming and refuelling point.

On August 21, a joint raid was conducted at Tarumpitao Airfield by the combined forces, also with close air support.

Lt Isaac Jarvinen, of 1RAR, takes cover behind a wall during the air assault.

Lt-Col Noel A Gallaza, commander of the Philippines landing force, said the exercise demonstrated the defence forces’ collective strength to face any challenge.

“Only together, with our combined capabilities, equipment and soldiers can we promote security and stability in our region,” Lt-Col Gallaza said.

“It’s about unity and collaboration with our partners, that is why we are here.”

The event marked the first major training serial of the bilateral cooperation between the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the ADF as part of Indo-Pacific Endeavour 2023.

Commander landing force of th e Australian Amphibious Force Col Douglas Pashley said the activity was a tremendous success.

“I’m very impressed with the degree of integration and partnership I’ve seen on this exercise,” Col Pashley said.

“We came together less than two weeks ago, and then we were able to conduct a complex multinational air assault.

“We never do things alone; we always need a partner.

“Young Australians, Filipinos and US marines will remember this for the rest of their lives.”

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 19th, 2024 at 02:36 AM..
Old February 19th, 2024, 04:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post

AUSTRAILIA/CHANGE/S-70 BLACKHAWK/UNIT 444/NAME/S-70A-9 Black Hawk VICE S-70 BLACKHAWK. // A minor change for a rainy day but it is their designation.

Pat

Save yourself a lot of typing or do a bit of investigation before making change suggestions like this. There are limits on unit names so NONE of this is really usable

The one above becomes

S-70A-9 Black H

In game reality what was there is more generally useable to a non-detail fetish player which is why "S-70 Blackhawk" was used.... it tells a player what it is and most importantly..... IT FITS the game name restrictions

VERY few players care that it is an A-9. It's fiddly rivet counting. S-70 Black Hawk with the name split into two words fits though but "UH-60M Black Hawk" does NOT fit the game format either and becomes UH-60M Black Ha when entered and dropping the M does not help

What was there was there because it worked when Black Hawk is Blackhawk and why the Black Hawks in the US OOB are Blackhawk

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; February 19th, 2024 at 04:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 19th, 2024, 07:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Sorry didn't know about name restrictions in place.

As you know I'm about national nomenclature where possible as it's easy to track upgrades for a particular OOB as they are published.

But again, wasn't aware of name restrictions.

Just got home and turned on the TV and saw a video of Ukrainian troops withdrawing from Avanika in M-113's (Dutch ones.) and noted along both sides modified "SLAT" armor in that the mesh over the slats were of tighter "weave" then found on a chain link fence and sturdier as well. The same was mounted about 1 foot over the width and length of the roof line up to the hatch at least.

Would assume this would be true for most of the rest as well.

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 19th, 2024, 08:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Nothing showing up on line about it yet that I can find

Old February 20th, 2024, 12:42 AM

Lieutenant General

Saw the video on CNN/CBS Evening News. Yesterday and again this evening.

ALSO I need to step back the roof section to the BACK 1/4 of the roof to provide protection to the fuel bladders inside the hull at the rear of the M-113 tracks.

Found the video it comes fast around 40s mark just after you see troops on foot running in a wooded area.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...g-lead-vpx.cnn

Just checked my link above and it works.

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: