.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

Ahhh, in looking at the battle replay, I see the commander is burdened with a Gate Stone. I'll have to relieve him of that
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM

Corporal

Hereward is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

Parone can't do it .. Ulm has a gate stone?! sick >
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

And Agartha has the Aegis. It's getting scary out there.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

Pfft, I've had the Aegis for a few dozen turns. Not to mention most of the rest of the artifacts, useless or not. :P

I tried to get players too, but none seem to be able to do it. Strange that it'd be this hard to get a sub.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Corporal

Have you tried on the z7 invision forum as well?

I was starting to research construction 8, I think I will change that path now with my last turn...
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM

Corporal

Guys I have submitted this turn again (literally in the last hour before I leave) so obviously you can host again without finding the sub. Also basically I can play next turn again so long as you delay hosting til friday night GMT, as I am coming back to the laptop again for a few days before a much longer absence. So basically, this turn fine, next turn fine as long as you delay hosting on the next turn til friday night, then I'll be able to play the turn after that on the saturday, then I leave for reals.

So in sum the next 3 turns are fine so long as Tiavals delays hosting on the next turn (turn 60) til friday night. Just gives you longer to find a sub without stales.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hmmm, ok, I'm out of ideas.

While you're looking for a sub for Hereward/Vanheim, can you try to find one for me too? Because it's a shame to waste a good position, but I have no idea what else to do with it.

OK, correction, I can think of one thing to do, but I really don't think gargoyles are going to save me at this point, especially since I don't have a 2e1a summoner handy. Or enough gem income.

I really don't think the AI would be a significantly inferior opponent for you at this point.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

I haven't tried to find anyone in the z7 invision forums since I've never used them. I'll try to remember to delay turn 60.

krpeters, it seems unlikely we'll find even one sub, let alone. Of course, I could declare myself the winner if no one opposes. But I feel that most don't think I'm that powerful yet.

If we don't get any subs, it'd be pretty terrible to put two players to AI. It's a great problem, but it seems solutions are scarce.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

Given the way Agartha and Ulm are expanding, I don't think it will make much difference whether Bandar Log goes AI. Just one more collection of provinces for you to divvy up. The loss of Vanheim looks more significant -- he actually looks like he knows how to play & would give you a good fight.

Poor Ermor looks screwed no matter what else happens.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Corporal

Sluagh is on a distinguished road

Only one way to make babies.