.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road
Default HappyKatanakka - MA Game COMPLETE

http://www.llamaserver.net/pretAdmin...HappyKatanakka

First: Katanakka is a Ninja holiday celebrated on the same day as Thanksgiving so "that [ninja] still get the day off".

Moving on... Legowarrior and I have been working on a new mod nation, MA Jomon, for some time now. With the release of version 1.2, we feel like the mod nation is mature enough to undergo real MP testing to see just how balanced and fun it is (both to play as, as well as against). This nation is intended for use with the latest version of the conceptual balance mod so this game will feature two mods: CBM 1.92 and MA Jomon.

This will be an intermediate-level game and it has room for 6 to 8 players; decent players as well as newbie players with a couple of MP games under their belt and a good grasp of Dominions 3 are welcome to join. The only reserved spots are for Legowarrior and myself, and nations will be claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis. This game will be set in the Middle Era and whatever map we choose (dependent on number of players, player preferences and number of water nations) will need to have a least a modest number of water provinces. Ideally I'd like to see at least one water nation played since MA Jomon, like LA Jomon, has a moderate underwater presence despite being predominately a land nation.

Victory will come from holding that majority of world's capital provinces for three consecutive turns (so 4 capitals with 6 or 7 players, 5 capitals with 8 players) OR until the a victor is decided by vote. Diplomacy is not binding, nor does it need to be public, but trades must be adhered to. Roleplaying and in-game banter is encouraged but not required. The game will start be hosted on llamaserver with an initial 36 hour hosting interval, which will be extended as the game goes on and turns become longer and more involved.

I would like to reiterate that this game is about two things: fun and testing MA Jomon. I strongly encourage you to check out the development threads here and here, as well as the mostly-accurate strategy guides here and here. If you end up playing in this game you'll have to download the MA Jomon v1.2 mod; before the game gets too far along, I'd recommend you play a short SP game as MA Jomon just so you have an idea of what to expect. As the game progresses, if you have any feedback relating to the mod, please, please, please post it in one of the development threads. Of course, feedback is welcome even if you're just checking out the mod for the heck of it and aren't participating in this game.

A little bit about MA Jomon, taken from the development thread:

Rationale
The goal of this mod is to create a nation similar to LA Jomon, with its unique summons and units, but in the Middle Era. However, achieving this goal requires more than just taking Late Era Jomon and putting it in the Middle Era; this nation should be distinct from all other nations, with it's own strengths, weaknesses, and character. To help accomplish this we are drawing inspiration from not only Late Era Jomon, but from Heian Period of Japan.

Introduction
During the time of the Oni, many humans fled the mountains and surrounding areas and traveled to the coast seeking protection. The Ryujin came upon these humans and offered them succor in exchange for treasure and allegiance. Although wary of exchanging one master for another, the Joman saw no other choice and agreed. With the fall of the Oni, a new empire was formed around the worship of the Dragon King and the lesser kami of the land. A strict hierarchy was formed with the Emperor on top and the peasant classes at the bottom. The Ryujin played the human clans against each other, trying to gain prestige and fortune at the expanse of other Ryujin. With the coming of the New God, the Ryujin have ceased their petty squabbling and united with the Jomonese to conquer new territory and find new riches for themselves.

Race: Humans and Ryu Court
Military: Light Infantry, Medium Infantry, Samurai Archers and Cavalry, Ninjas Assassins,
Magic: Average Earth, Nature, Water and Air, weak Fire and Astral, unique elemental priest magic
Priests: Weak

Player Roster
Shatner: MA Jomon
Legowarrior: Shinuyama
Rejakor: Ulm
RabbitCook: Oceania
Nimiria: Jotuheim
Gurthang: Marignon
Holey Dooley: Man

Last edited by shatner; June 24th, 2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HappyKatanakka - MA Game Looking For Players

I claim the Shinuyama! I will rule the world with evil and demons!
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM

Sergeant

Good choice, sir. May the best Japanese-inspired, katana-and-kami nation win.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM

Private

name thief is on a distinguished road

Your forgot Player 9: Profit

I'll think about joining. I have played 2 multiplayer games so far, I lost one and am losing the other. Sadly legowarrior took the nation I wanted.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

If you really want the Shinuyama, I can change, but than you must agree to confront the Jomon with all the wickedness that you can summon!
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Sergeant

As slots are filling up surprisingly fast, I encourage Name Thief and Legowarrior to figure out exactly which non-Shinuyama nation one of them is going to play 'lest the choice ones get taken.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

Well, if name thief needs to play as Shinuyama, I can live with that. I'll have to decide between Erui and Man I think. Still, this game has so many choices.
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Private

Well I kind of want to because in the other game I played I used them and would like to try to play as them again.

Don't worry Leggowarrior, I will confront these Ryu with the entirety of Goblin Craft.
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Private

I would have edited but I apparently can't. Well, if I survive the next few turns in the game I am playing as without having my capital invaded I will be playing as Machaka, if not and I die then I, with leggowarriors permission, would like to lead Shinuyama.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sure.