World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM

Corporal

shinigami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: BSG - wtf?

Quote:
geoschmo said:
I thought this was supposed to be the final season? I'm confused. When is the next episode?
It is, sort of. The season is being split into two parts due to the writer's strike. The final ten (although there's talk of adding one or two additional) episodes won't air until first quarter '09.
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Just another way to milk the battlestar galatica cash cow IMHO.
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM

Colonel

Arkcon is on a distinguished road

Atrocities said:

It's hard to avoid coming to that conclusion, when the producers openly say that they'll have the episodes sooner, but don't want to release them, because they'll be in competition with the US football season. I read that and I'm like "WTF?, I've got TiVo. VCR's have been around long enough for most people to have them. And maybe a diehard fan would rather see an episode of BSG instead of one game." I just don't get it.

Well, like I said before, they probably won't resolve everything in the final few episodes, there will probably subtle hints buried in Razor and Caprica about what's really happened. It's hard for me to keep track of these -- is Razor done, and soon to be shown, or did we see it already. And is Caprica still on the drawing board, or what?

I don't think I want to get sucked into another serial. But then again, what else has the SciFi channel got that's good?
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:57 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, ratings don't count Tivo or VCR's.

The decision to split the season into two chunks existed since season 2 and many networks are now treating the mid-season hiatus as a tv season break. Why? Because why sell 20 episodes of TV in a boxed set for 49.99 when you can sell 10 episodes in a TV boxed set for 39.99.

I blame you Brian Singer. That was your idea!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:23 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Battlestar Galatica can be summed up in three little letters; WTF.
Why do you think I started this thread with those exact 3 letters? Darn, I missed the season finale, and they probably won't be showing the reruns now until 2:00 am on a Friday night. That sucks. I'll definitely have to wait for the dvd set, if they release it this year.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road

look it up on youtube
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Arkcon said:
Atrocities said:

It's hard to avoid coming to that conclusion, when the producers openly say that they'll have the episodes sooner, but don't want to release them, because they'll be in competition with the US football season.
Wow, that makes absolutely no sense. BG airs on Friday nights in the US. Pro football is on Sundays and Mondays. College is on Saturdays. The only football on friday nights is high school.

Geoschmo
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:23 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

SciFi has taken to delaying series for upwards of 9-months to a year now. Normally breaks are 4-6 months over the summer season when viewership drops due to summer travel and whatnot.

I personally think scifi has been having a lot of securing advertisers and is using the extra time to sell more ads plus scifi is interested in more marketable items, hence the surge in tv movies and miniseries on the network

Plus I do recall RDM stating he rewrote or kicked back the entire back half of the season after the writer's strike to improve overall quality of the finale which we now know won' include arrival at earth.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

OK, saw the finale the other day. Whoa!! What a way to end the show. From the previous posts, it don't sound like a lot of you liked the show, but I thought it was a great show from beginning to end. I just wished that when they had found our Earth, it would have been in a modern setting, not 150,000 years ago! Can't wait for the dvd set to come out to see them again.
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:10 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

If I was the sort of person susceptible to outward expressions of positive emotion then I'd be laughing my head off. I just love that I quit caring years ago rather than waste time watching it.

I didn't realise it was finishing, but then again I haven't been paying attention. All I knew was something about taking a year off, or only having half a season, and then suddenly I hear it's going out with a 10 hour marathon or something. I looked it up after it finished and could hardly believe it, but then I can't think of any other way it could have finished, except the one I've had for years. It was the endless inner philosophy, along with losing respect for the bunch of them, that put me off and the ending I read about seems to at least be an inevitable result of turning the whole thing into philosophy....IN SPACE.
I've got nothing against philosophy, in fact it's one of my study hobbies, but you can have science fiction and then you can have sitting down and contempleting things. Both at once just gets boring, much as I understand people dislike the Matrix films (note: I do however love that the head machine that solves the problem at the end is literally called the Deus Ex Machina).

Actually I'm at a loss to understand some of how it ended, which is only natural since I stopped caring 3 or 4 years ago, but I'm not even interested enough to seek clarification of the bits I don't understand.