.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road
Default llamaserver scores

What is the point of turning off graphs in a game if llamaserver continues to publish a score list?

(Did the game admin just mess up some setting, or are llamaserver scores always available on a game?)
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Private

Man with No Name is on a distinguished road
Default Re: llamaserver scores

If the graphs are disabled for a llamaserver game, then no scorefile is generated for that game, and therefore no link for the llamascores on the game page. See this game for example (note to future readers, this link will be invalid in a few months after the game has ended).

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo....=RiddleofSteel

The graphs have been disabled for this game, and therefore there is no link for the llamascores on the game page.

But what sometimes happens, and this is how some games with graphs off can end up with the llamascores suddenly becoming available, is that if the llamserver crashes, it unfortunately tends to activate some sort of server-side "generate scorefile" option for games that it previously did not generate scorefiles for. This then results in the llamaserver placing a link for that scorefile on the game page (I presume it does a server-side check for a scorefile, and places a link for it if one exists). Resulting in games with graphs off suddenly having llamascores available. It does not activate in-game graphs though, as that is pre-set at game creation and cannot be altered mid-game.

This bug has been reported to llamabeast in the past, and it was my understanding that he fixed it. But since it keeps happening on a not too infrequent basis (when there is a server crash), it appears there is still a problem there somewhere (that I hope llambeast will fix at some point. But it might not be the easiest bug to track down)

And the game admin did not mess up in any way. As the "graphs on/off" option is selected during game creation. There is no separate option relating to the llamascores, and whether they are on or off is linked diectly to the "graphs on/off" option. The admin has no control over the llamascores, apart from that is deciding whether the graphs are on or off.

Last edited by Man with No Name; January 10th, 2013 at 09:23 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Man with No Name For This Useful Post:
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

OK, that explains it, thanks. It's good to know I'm not as crazy as I thought I was And yes, the game in question did have a few crashes.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:31 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

This has gone on the list. I hadn't realised / had forgotten that it still wasn't fully fixed.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs