.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 8th, 2021, 11:13 PM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German LC

Elsewhere in 3rd Coy sector

Turn 22

There was a very sizeable EN infantry force moving towards 3rd coy sector. I estimate at least 1-2 companies worth. The EN advance is very well supported by their arty, and forcing my HMGs out of position.

Turn 25

I decided to concentrate 1st Coy to meet the EN infantry threat. 1st Coy had been very much playing reserve till now. 1st Coy will advance from the north and 3rd Coy will push nearer along the edge of the forest.

Turn 28

Here the EN is severely attrited by HMG fires as well as my arty strikes. It doesn't take long to break them.

Old June 8th, 2021, 11:17 PM

Sergeant

End of Battle at Turn 33

The EN brought more arty than expected and gave me additional 200+ points from overload. Correspondingly, they had lesser armour units compared to an earlier battle of 40+

My portee and PzJgr

The portee and PzJgrs combined, accounted for 14 kills. The ATGs only killed 1 tank, so my infantry actually destroyed 11 armoured units. I remember that my AT Rifles took out at least 6 of them, so that's a pretty high kill rate for the AT Rifles.

The Following User Says Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:26 PM

Sergeant

The push is entirely on 2nd Coy.

Old June 15th, 2021, 03:18 AM

Sergeant

Defend Against Russians in Nov '42

Visibility is very good at 60, and 70 Turns.

Ground conditions are snowy, so movement outside of roads will be very slow. Nonetheless, we have some excellent terrain to fight from.

There are 2 main roads to consider, 1 running E-W nearer the bottom half of the map, while 1 running SE from the top of the map. The one running E-W is of greater tactical importance since it provides speedy access to the flank of the main objectives.

The terrain is rather flat, with 1 small plateau near the centre of the map. It provides excellent LOS to most of the objectives and would be a good position to strongpoint.

The main ground is rather open, with substantial forest nearer the midpoint of the map, so EN approach may be obscured from dug positions, but once they start their advance from the midpoint onwards, most of their units are likely to be observable.

With the above in mind, I brought along the following support units.

X0- Air Recon (Provide early warning on likely EN approach)
Y0- Munitions for Ammo dump (a long battle at 70 turns)
Z0- 2cm FlaK Platoon
AA0- 8.8cm Gun Emplacement
AB0- 8.8cm Gun Emplacement
AC0- Pz38t Section

At least 30-50 pts of mines.

Old June 17th, 2021, 03:23 AM

Sergeant

1st Coy Sector

I attached 1 of my HMG Platoons with 1st Coy and they are mostly dispersed, with the Coy Commander and a reinforced platoon in the forest. The primary mission is to guard the flank, and they have dropped J0 platoon to support the strongpoint in the centre.

Green lines are mines.

The AT Rifles will range forward and deploy as scouts.

2nd Coy Sector

At the other flank of the map, 2nd Coy has a more challenging mission as they are to resist EN advance down the E-W road.

I have attached 1 of the HMG platoons as well as a Pz38t section. The Pz38ts are expected to range forward and engage light and fast EN armour. Like 1st Coy, they are also very dispersed.

Another look at the area which Pz38ts are expected to operate.

3rd Coy Sector

The centrepiece is a strongpoint. We have 2x 8.8cm Gun Emplacements and a 2cm FlaK Platoon. They are covered by a MMG section deployed to their immediate front.

T0 Platoon is also ordered to range forward into the forest and act as tripwire to any EN advance.

Old June 17th, 2021, 10:44 PM

Sergeant

Turn 3

Once the curtain lifted, there was a concentrated barrage of heavy artillery crashing around 3rd Coy's advance positions.

Here our Pz38ts manuevre to take on the fast running EN recon units.

Turn 8

The EN Armoured Cars are now a burning heap.

Turn 10

Here we see the advancing waves of EN armour. The 1st wave is comprised of lightly armed T-60s and cavalry. The 2nd wave appears to be T-28s. And there's a last wave of Valentines and Matildas.

The Pz38ts would be able to engage the T-60s, but may have trouble dealing with the T-28s since they've exhausted their SABOT rounds.

We'll have to leave the Valentines and Matildas to the infantry or 8.8cm Guns.

Turn 13

The Pz38ts have given up their close fighting positions and are dropping back to replenish their ammo.

Turn 15

My artillery is dropping their strikes as fast as possible to cover the Pz38ts movement. My AT Rifles are also pulling out but they'll continue to provide spotting reports.