.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hi there...my name is Dennis, and I have a serious woody for this game.

I have spent the last three days reading EVERYTHING about this game, from the dom3 wiki.

2106 units, over 700 spells, and all 68 different nation types across the three era's.

I have a solid understanding of most of this game, especially after reading a 38-page thread on an AAR. Nothing like reading other people's thoughts as they play the game.

Someone stop me...I have purchased three games already this month, and there are at LEAST three more that are coming out soon.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:14 AM

Corporal

RadicalTurnip is on a distinguished road

Okay, Starcraft II...but what others? I reccomend just throw yourself deeply into Dominions and see if you can convince yourself to not buy those other games, because...hey...you won't play them anyway. Not with Dominions.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:57 AM

BANNED USER

Eximius Sus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. This is a cool game. I came here because it's easy to find from buying the game. I hope it's fun to hang out here.
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road

Well, I went and did it.

I opted to purchase through Amazon.com, where the missus had some coupons available.

I also elected for the 5-9 day delivery, to get that loverly 296 page manual.

I am very much a numbers guy...the folks at work have a nickname for me, "Rainman." I like it, and have fun with it.

I can only imagine what 100 pages of tables of 296 pages of data looks like. It will take me a LONG time to chew through this.

The demo is a blast, and I have started six games in the single player mode, and got my *** handed to me six times, getting better, and trying new things each time.

It is all a learning process, and clearly, I have a ways to go.
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM

Private

Poet1960 is on a distinguished road

I live in Oregon USA and am 50 years old. I remember the good old days when I played games on my commadore 64 and amiga. I love strategy games and stuff like that. If you want to know more just ask me.

Poet1960
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:05 AM

Private

fjohn is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody.I am new on here and i just wanted to say Hi to all of you,members of this community..
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Private

elana is on a distinguished road

Hello All:

I have been playing Elemental War of magic. many people on the site rave about Dominions 3, so i ordered it. Steep learning curve. But fun.

I'm 50's divorced, retired woman in New York (USA). Been playing games since the days of Avalon Hill. Won the Kingmaker contest at a national convention when I was in college. Loved (SPI) Simulations Publications games, as well as the original Chainmail and D&D. Yes, I had a first edition. Anybody remember "flying buffalo?" Switched to PC games then married life and raising children /career took over. Now I'm retired, divorced, and having fun. Ballroom, country dancing. Games: started back with the Witcher, Oblivion. Was a play tester for the English translation of Nehrim. Been playing Elemental: War of Magic. Today, I download-ed the trial copy of Dominions 3 - working through the tutorial while I wait for the CD to arrive.

Many of you write about school, etc. I am very happy my graduate school days are behind me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elana in winter.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	10530  

Last edited by elana; September 30th, 2010 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: typos
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road
Shock Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hey all. I've been poking around with CBM 1.6 in SP and was thinking of trying to get back into MP.

Downloaded Edi's most recent database, but the nation data (units, paths, what you get for PD, heros + available pretenders etc) that used to come in a nice readable form seems to be missing.

Am I thinking of a different database? The one in color?

Also I tried playing with the endgame diversity Mod, but wasn't sure how to avoid the dummy nation for randomized SP. Is there a version without it, or is it easy to rip out that part from the mod?

Is the underwater improvement mod part of 1.6, or just 1.7? I'm avoiding 1.7 for now as I'm not very excited about no hammers, but the underwater mod seems great.

Is this still the primary board for MP, or are there 3rd party ones now? I notice Llamaserver is still going strong.

Thanks for all replies. Nice to see the game is still vigorous.

Rabe
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the community all.

That said I ought to introduce myself at this point as well. My handle is AreaOfEffect but some of you have called me AoE or Area. My portrait has been the bane of many eyeballs.

I joined the community in March of 2008, but like most others, I was playing for a goodly number of months beforehand. I concluded that single player wasn't giving me the full enjoyment that this game is capable of and started joining in multi-player. I was right.

After several games I started to compose guides to the nations I enjoyed the most. I became very prolific. I was once accused of being in a race against Baalz, but I'm sure no one will match his hard work.

Last January I fell out of touch with everyone here. I was in the midst of setting up a huge multi-player match of one-on-one duals. I also had a very strong position in a late-age game. I left many people hanging and I apologize for that. Your a good community and you deserve an explanation.

Truth is that I moved to a new city, was thrust into a new financial situation, lacked connection to the internet, and my life became busy. Its not a good explanation, but its all I can offer.

I may not have energy to try and set up a game like that again on the scale I imagined. I do however want to play again in a casual manner. I hope there are no hard feelings.

My name is Andrew and I live in the great state of New York in the United States. I like strawberry-short cake and pickles.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Happy to hear you're still alive AoE Since I'm probably not the only one who wondered where you went, and if you were ok.

And Real Life always has the nasty habit of creeping up on you and interfering in the lives and habits of peoples internet alter-ego, so I wouldn't worry about any problems it might have caused.

Plus it's always good to see an old face returning