This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 15th, 2023, 09:02 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/02/ukra...n-ukraine.html

The order of the stories may change depending on when this is viewed but the one that caught my eye was "Volunteers build ‘Frankenstein’ vehicles to aid the Ukraine effort"

Mobile hospital will be ready to action in next week according to its creator look on their last movie on twitter
https://twitter.com/RaduHossu?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited by blazejos; May 15th, 2023 at 04:56 PM..
Old May 25th, 2023, 07:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Well, it looks like we can say farewell to the AJAX.

The UK Govt. via UK MOD has finally released its update concerning AJAX in regard to where it currently stands in trials and its ability with no further delays in the rest of its trial schedule.

From the article:

"Ajax vehicles to reach Initial Operating Capability between July and December 2025."

"Full Operating Capability will follow between October 2028 and September 2029, when the Army has trained and converted forces to the Ajax platform to deliver Armoured Cavalry capability to the Deep Reconnaissance Strike Brigade and its two Armoured Brigade Combat Teams."

So, a 1 year "SWAG" in FOC again with no further delays in the ongoing trials portion.

A note about the first ref. this is released on the UK Govt. website.

At the TOP note who its from and when you click on them you'll get the same exact article as posted just above. So to be CLEAR
this is from BOTH MOD and the UK Govt. official sites.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...delivery-times
https://www.army-technology.com/news...jax-programme/

This I suspect will only be the first of a few more to fall by the wayside but the reporting should make this as no surprise to anyone out here.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old June 2nd, 2023, 09:21 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Did you know that this mobile bus hospital was targeted in 21 of may in Kiev even if this vehicles are not strict military vehicles but created to save life even of opposite side. You can read more on creators twitter https://twitter.com/RaduHossu?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote:
The Mobile Hospital i was building from Romanan's donations was targeted and bombed by the russians. It was built on a civilian site by a civilian company in Kyiv. Nothing to do with military! A MOBILE HOSPITAL WAS BUILDING THERE! Damages:

And that opens other question that I and all we together as a community around this game are not in that case a bunch of Useful idiots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot and is better to stop totally discuss about war in Ukraine and SPMBT until war ends because we don't know how this even openly available information's aggregated together are used by someone who are around us on this forum . What is your opinion ??

Last edited by blazejos; June 2nd, 2023 at 12:30 PM..
Old August 15th, 2023, 03:46 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I just read this article on the Russian BMPT Terminator.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/20535

Is this BMPT Terminator the same thing in game as the BMPT-72 ?
Old August 15th, 2023, 05:45 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
Is this BMPT Terminator the same thing in game as the BMPT-72 ?

Yes - however the article (wrongly) says it is based on the armarta

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old August 15th, 2023, 08:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

https://www.armyrecognition.com/russ...g_vehicle.html

Quote:
Like the initial BMP-T, the BMPT-72 is based on the chassis of the T-72 tank

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 22nd, 2023, 03:30 AM

Lieutenant General

Well, I continue to follow the AJAX and its variants most notably the ARIES.

There's nothing newer out on the web to include from MOD. There is however another source that's reporting the same as I posted several months back (3/or 4 posts above this one.) concerning FOC etc.

"Alex Chalk, UK minister for defense procurement announced the IOC reset today (Somewhere between July to Dec 2025 per para 1) in an update to parliament and also confirmed that FOC has been scheduled to take place between October 2028 and September 2029."

This will have a profound effect on ARIES as they share a common platform.

"Overall, the British Army will receive up to six Ajax variants, with the vehicle set to become the service’s first fully digitized platform. It will primarily serve in a Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) role, integrated with a 40mm-stabilized cannon and a primary sight fitted with “imaging technology capability” allowing it to detect and engage targets at “far greater ranges” than legacy platforms, according to GDLS-UK company literature."

The "ISTAR" issue will involve more complex components to fulfill this role. In light of this I will review the "+" positive impact it will have on the FCS and TI/GSR as previously stated. But for now, there is no rush to do this based on the continuity of the narrative as being reported to include MOD from my previous post.
https://breakingdefense.com/2023/03/...-8-years-late/

Also, my weekly ARMY News from the Australian MOD last week confirmed that their BOXERs will besides the LANCE 40mm turret also carry 2 launchers for the SPIKE-LR.

Don't get too excited because they've already reported the BOXER dates and they are very similar to the UK AJAX/ARIES dates.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 22nd, 2023 at 03:43 AM..
Old September 22nd, 2023, 06:42 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

I saw something that the UK was maybe looking at a Swedish IFV to possibly replace the mess of the AJAX. The article only side it was one option on the table, nothing was stated that it was going to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post:
Old September 24th, 2023, 03:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Saw similar myself when AJAX/ARIES where there was serious discussion before the latest issues came up which added more fuel to the fire.

But you reach a point of no return on the R&D end and beyond with the money already invested into the program that it makes more sense to try and fix the issues and hope for the best.

One example of this also involves the UK and I speak of the RN Aircraft Carriers. Due to the cost overruns and technical issues encountered the program was literally to be scrapped. However, after looking into the costs of scrapping those carriers, it was found to be much cheaper to just finish building them.

Going back to AJAX, MOD/Govt. finally "grew a pair" and withheld any further payments due General Dynamics and their subsidiaries (~750 million dollars) until they fixed the problems to an acceptable level. When indeed that occurred, the Motivation (Profit.) by industry managed to come up with solutions and fixes that for now is
why the AJAX/ARIES is moving forward again.

The delay has unfortunately cost us the ability to see them in the game.

Though I'll be cautiously optimistic for now and not call for them to be deleted.

However, another "push" to the right will be needed.

Somebody is going to have my Axx for staying up this late again two days in a row!?!

And life goes on!

Regards,
Pat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old October 4th, 2023, 11:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Ex-British FV432 APCs join active service into Ukrainian Army and were inducted this month as assigned to the 22nd Special Purpose Battalion of the Ukrainian Separate Presidential Brigade.

These saw modernizations so are armed with the L7 General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs) which replaced the L4A4 variant of the Bren light machine gun, per the article.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/ukra...nian_army.html

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: