Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 23rd, 2023, 09:34 AM

Private

cbblackard is on a distinguished road
Default Artillery priority target hexes

I'm in the scenario editor, German assault versus Soviet defend. Each side has artillery. As I read the manual, in the editor I should be able to assign up to 10 priority target hexes for each side. But I'm only able to assign 2 for the Soviets and none for the Germans.

Has this changed since the last version of the manual or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Old April 23rd, 2023, 09:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Artillery priority target hexes

Buy more FOO's.......

Open the Game guild and search for "Artillery Priority Hexes "

Quote:

There have been changes to the way the artillery priority hexes are assigned. You no longer get 10 artillery priority hexes automatically. Here is the new system at a glance

The are NO restrictions to the scenario designer in the scenario editor. There are still 10 available when designing scenarios
In a meeting engagement, both sides get only 1 Artillery priority hex. It is assumed in a meeting engagement that the battlefield has not been surveyed but we will spot each side one in this case anyway
If your mission is an assault, you get 5 to start
If your mission is an advance (hasty attack) you get 3 to start
If your mission is a delay, you get 2 to start
if your mission is a defend you get 4 to start
We have not increased the number of priority hexes in the game. You will still get a maximum of 10 but....

you get an extra Artillery Priority hex for each FOO bought except in a meeting engagement

....which will still only give one priority hex no matter how many Artillery Observers you buy.

Here is an example of how this will work. Assume you are playing an Advance in any type of game but not a scenario. You will be given 3 priority hexes to start with and one for each Artillery Observer you buy so if you buy 2 more you will have 5 priority hexes to use. If you are playing the delay side of an advance you would start with 2 priority hexes to start with and one for each Artillery Observer you buy so if you buy 2 more you will have 4 priority hexes to use. Remember, in a meeting engagement you do NOT get an extra Priority Hex for any additional Artillery Observers.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 23rd, 2023, 10:15 AM

Private

Default Re: Artillery priority target hexes

So in the scenario editor, I should be able to freely assign up to 10 for each side, right?

For whatever reason, in the scenario I am designing (German assault versus Soviet defend 9/42), I am unable to assign any for the (assaulting) Germans and only 2 for the (defending) Soviets. I tried purchasing a bunch of FOOs for the Germans but I still cannot assign any priority hexes for this scenario.

Hardly a showstopper as I rarely use priority hexes but wanted to report in case it's a bug.
Old April 23rd, 2023, 10:16 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Yep, I cannot recollect if the scenario designer has the full pallet of 10 per side to play with, or if the batle type restrictions apply as given above.

If they do, then change the misssion type for the player in question to one that is unrestricted, assign the gold spots, then return his mission type to the desired one?.

Or buy several FOOs, assign the spots, and then delete the extra FOOs.
Old April 23rd, 2023, 10:24 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Okay - I checked by setting up a UK defend vs Germany assault in the scenario editor.

Both sides can lay out all 10 priority hexes.

So the number is not reduced in the scenario editor - it is left to the scenario designer to assign any or none as desired.
Old April 23rd, 2023, 03:42 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Okay - I checked by setting up a UK defend vs Germany assault in the scenario editor.

Both sides can lay out all 10 priority hexes.

So the number is not reduced in the scenario editor - it is left to the scenario designer to assign any or none as desired.
I can do that as well and I can add priority hexes to other scenarios I have created. But for some reason, this particular scenario has a quirk such that when I click the priority hex button in the scenario editor after selecting the desired hex, nothing happens. I'm guessing I've done something with this scenario that the program doesn't like. (Though it's standard German assault / Soviet defend, the map is fairly intricate. It's seems to otherwise play fine).

Thanks for the responses.