Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout MRAPs

Click image for larger version

Name:	USS Providence in Narragansett Bay.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	8830Good Day All,
On the next update is it likely that we might see the MRAP? In service since 2004 and numbering around 3-4000 vehicles in it's various varients it would be great to see the new larger 11 passenger model available. With advertised speeds of 65mph on hard surfaces and 45-50mph over rough terrain it's a can do vehicle which can carry an auto operated gatling or 50 cal. (It's being tested to operate with other weapons such as a 40mm) and still provide a high survibility to both crew and passengers.

The next deal with crews using an Abrams tank as an example:
1. Surviving crew forced to disperse, could they not be integrated into the replacement tank crew thus causing a slight increase to the new tanks moral or exprience modifiers? Or would this be to big of a software headache?

2. And more important to me, when changing from Abrams to an improved one, let the old tank go to the depot but let me keep my crew. Normally we're only talking about improved guns and systems that are trained on in the field. If this is already being done and I'm just missing this I apoloize in advance.

As an update to my 10-04-08 post on U.S. Patriot transport, I went back to check and none of the available ground transport units will carry the Patriot missile.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 20th, 2009 at 09:02 PM..
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MRAPs and a couple of general questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
1. Surviving crew forced to disperse, could they not be integrated into the replacement tank crew thus causing a slight increase to the new tanks moral or exprience modifiers? Or would this be to big of a software headache?

2. And more important to me, when changing from Abrams to an improved one, let the old tank go to the depot but let me keep my crew. Normally we're only talking about improved guns and systems that are trained on in the field. If this is already being done and I'm just missing this I apoloize in advance.
I don't understand what you mean here. Are you referring to upgrade during campaigns?
To the best of my knowledge crew experience is already retained by surviving crews and during upgrades.
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Lieutenant General

Fallout Re: MRAPs and a couple of general questions.

Marcello,
Good Morning!
Sorry I didn't explain in more detail but was in the wind down mode from work. To #1. of my crew question: I know surving crew that are unmolested will return after the battle is over in the "repair" phase of a campaign game. However I don't believe this happens when due to ememy fire (or friendly air or arty) the crew takes further casualities and the surviving crew are forced to "disperse".
Concerning #2 I don't believe (and as stated on the first post I could be wrong here.) That again while in the "repair" phase when I "change" to a newer version of an Abrams for example that the current crew mans the the newer version Abrams I just upgraded to. I know this isn't feasible if changing from say a Bradley to an Abrams but should be allowed from Abrams to Abrams so as not to lose the crews exprience level. Again this is in the campaign mode. Hope this helps and thank you for your reply!
Pat
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good Day All,
On the next update is it likely that we might see the MRAP? In service since 2004 and numbering around 3-4000 vehicles in it's various varients it would be great to see the new larger 11 passenger model available.
The MRAP is in the USA/USMC OOB's now.

Quote:
Game engine limitation. When a crew is dispersed the "unit" is destroyed. The game tracks units not individual soldiers.

Quote:
The crew does transfer to the new tank when you upgrade. But, they lose some of their experience and morale in the process. How much is variable, but the loss isn't usually so much that they become less skilled then a brand new crew would be. Think of it this way...the crew was use to their old vehicle and knew where everything was and how it worked. Now they have a new vehicle but are still use to the old one, so while they may be very skilled they will not operate as effectively with the new vehicle as they did with the old one until they get use to it.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir,
Thank you for clearing up the crew question. I understand all and maybe I'm playing to hard to have missed the crew transfer issue to upgraded units.
On the MRAP I'll look again but I only download from the "official" patches (current to 4.5). Will check on it now.
Have a great day!
Pat
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Lieutenant General

Follow up to MRAP, Checked my v4.5 "Encyclopaedia" the MRAP isn't in there.
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Sergeant

hoplitis is on a distinguished road

USMC ORBAT
The "Cougars" are there alright!
Suhiir knows THAT orbat, believe me!
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:27 AM

Lieutenant General

OK, here I go again! First I've only downloaded the "official" patches to my 1st Edition CD, ALL the patches through 4.5 are loaded (And in order.). I've rechecked MY Encyclopaedia several times in the last 3-4 weeks since watching "LOCK N' LOAD" with the Gunney that featured the MRAP/Cougar. I've even generated a handful of campaign games dated from various time periods 2004-2010 and it's just not available to me on MY game. If the patch isn't coming from the developers it's NOT getting downloaded to this computer, it goes to my job, but this is not meant to insult the people out there who take the time to make the game better for others. So PLEASE if the MRAP/Cougar is on the "base" game or was in one of the patches you need to give me more info as to how it is listed or what patch it was on so I can reload if needed. I have various Styrkers out the ... and the M98(?) FOX for the newer platform APC's and that's all.
Thanks again for your time but I need more "Then it's there trust me".
Pat
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:57 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

1) As others have explained already, the MRAP vehicles are already available in the USMC OOB. See units 506-508 in that OOB. Not currently in the USA OOB, but you can use the allies function to purchase.

2) I looked at the patriot. That has a ridiculously high load cost such than no vehicle (or the landing barge) can carry it. Area SAM load costs will need to be reviewed this winter's change cycle.

Fix: Mobhack it (and any other area SAM that is not a vehicle like the S-400) to weight cost 20. Not 99+.

cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:24 AM

Lieutenant General

Andy,
Thank you for clearing this up. An earlier reply indiciated the MRAP was available on the USA inventory already and to be honest I haven't used the USMC in this game. In the future I'll use the allie function - thank you! I'll assume you read my "update" post on the Patriot Transport issue and the importance of the
M983 Tractor to make the system work. Will try to figure out how to use the MOHACK to make the load change if not, hope the info provided will help towards the next patch. After all Winters not that far off! Many thanks again! And good night/morning!
Pat