The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 10th, 2003, 02:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adamant Mod Discussion Thread (v0.14.07 released!)

A new Version of Adamant Mod is available for your viewing pleasure. Go to the Adamant Mod web site, linked in my sig.

[ March 10, 2003, 00:42: Message edited by: Imperator Fyron ]
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old March 10th, 2003, 11:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

JLS is on a distinguished road

I downloaded this Last month Fryon, my 13 year old son and I play it and we both loved it.

It has allot of neat innovations, and we strongly recommend this mod!

keep with it, Fryon!!~Great mod!!!

[ March 10, 2003, 22:11: Message edited by: JLS ]

Optimized for[i] Solitaire Play!
With or without all Warp points, Finite resources, same starts and Simultaneous movement

~~~ CLICK ON &gt;&gt;&gt; (((&gt; <font color="green"> AI CAMPAIGN v4.191 </font> &lt)) &lt;&lt;&lt; To Get ~~~
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:06 AM

Private

Foiden is on a distinguished road

Believe me, that's one of the first mods I plan to download now that I see my game is finally on its way.

I absolutely love the idea of the Organic races even more so than the magical ones. Possibly because I thought the Vorlons in Babylon 5 were cool for having true living vessels. I kind of wanted to try the idea of being a race like them.
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Foiden:
Believe me, that's one of the first mods I plan to download now that I see my game is finally on its way.

I absolutely love the idea of the Organic races even more so than the magical ones. Possibly because I thought the Vorlons in Babylon 5 were cool for having true living vessels. I kind of wanted to try the idea of being a race like them.
Beware: there is no AI support at this point. So, don't expect the AIs to do a whole lot. If you set up their empire design yourself (add new, select AI Controlled in the player tab), you can give them the proper racial traits. But, only the Physical Races will be able to do any research, as the Physical tech tree is similar to the normal game's tech tree. If you can get other humans to play it with, it can be played. I guess you could play an Organic or Magical race against a bunch of Physical Race AIs, but they won't be able to use many of the new toys very well.

If you guys are intersted in helping out with the mod in any way, it would be appreciated.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old March 11th, 2003, 02:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Version 0.02.02 has been uploaded. It includes changes to Combat Sensors, Master Computers, ECM, and other stuff.
Old March 14th, 2003, 12:20 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Just noticed something about the adamant mod Fyron: You have given it its own dsgnname folder and filled it with files, many of which player will already have in their "master" dsgnname.

If you omit the folder entirely from your mod and instead dump the text files into the master folder, the game should default back to that folder and gain access to any other name files the player might have collected. It will also reduce the size of your download by a few bytes=-)
Old March 14th, 2003, 05:55 PM

Major

mlmbd is on a distinguished road

Fyron, are all SEIV ships of the line replaced by the Bio-ships? Or are the Bio-ships added to the regular SEIV ships. Do they had some special ability. Like Bio sensors or bio weapons. Or do they use standard SEIV weapons, etc.? Maybe these are all really dumb questions.

mlmbd
Old March 14th, 2003, 09:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mlmbd:
Fyron, are all SEIV ships of the line replaced by the Bio-ships? Or are the Bio-ships added to the regular SEIV ships. Do they had some special ability. Like Bio sensors or bio weapons. Or do they use standard SEIV weapons, etc.? Maybe these are all really dumb questions.

mlmbd
You pick one of three basic options when setting up your empire: Physical Race, Organic Race, or Magical Race. Each of these options has Versions of just about everything in the game, including ship sizes. A Physical Race gets the normal ships. An Organic Race gets the Bioships. But, the referenced file names for the different classes of ships should be the same. Both the Destroyer and the BioDestroyer use the Destroyer picture. If there are any discrepencies, it would be an error, and in need of fixing. The Magic races are going to get different ship hulls and such than what they have now, but they will use the same file naming scheme.

Dogscoff:
I suppose I could have it place them in the default game folder. The only reason I included my Dsgnname folder was to add much more variety to the game. Same as with the EmpireNames files and such. I know there are dsgnname files I don't have, but I do have most of the ones that have been released.
Old March 14th, 2003, 10:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I just had a great idea:
I will add some "mercenary" ship classes that no race has pics for. They will all look like default pics. This will allow you to build and sell mercenary ships that will not be traceable back to you by their pictures. And, maybe they can have some special properties too.
Old March 15th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Major

mlmbd is on a distinguished road

Fyron, being associated with a empire who were merk's, I think that is a great idea. It would seem to give your mod great latitude. You don't even need an entire shipset of images. They also proably shouldn't match, each other! Just afew to start with Then add to the shipset, as the need or want accures! Really is a great idea! If you want any help with the merk shipset, just let me know!

In fact I think I will start a Merk Shipset!

mlmbd