.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Private

alansmithee is on a distinguished road
Default LA Ermor vs. mass priests

I'm currently in a multiplayer game as LA Ermor. I have been in a fight against Ctis, and I have no idea what to do to counter his priest spam. I had lost one large army to him earlier, but it was a pyrrhic victory for him (he destroyed my army with his, but I had the immortal hero there, and he ended up killing 6 of his 7 priests in the army). Now, I had his home province sieged (it's still pretty early in the game, late year 2 so it's his only castle), and thought he'd be dropping soon. However, he just fought me off with an army that had 10 priests (mostly lizard kings and the lvl 2 guy, with a couple of the priest/magic users).

I have no idea how to stop an army that has that much banishment. In the last battle, I even had my prophet archbishop there to cast protection, but it didn't matter, My army was decimated by the time the units actually engaged.

How am I supposed to deal with this so early? Ctis has pretty much screwed himself long-term (he has only t provinces including his home fort, and is at the bottom in income, research, etc) and is still just spamming lizard kings. I can hope to get lucky again with my wraith commmander, but otherwise I don't see much I can do. Any suggestions?