winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old December 10th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Multiverse Mod

December 09, 2007

What is Space Empires: Star Fury?

--- Star Fury is a hybrid game; it is like an RPG / shooter in space. You start basically with a small space ship, as you do missions (trade, bounty hunt, etc.) you get credits to buy better ships, and as you do this a story also develops. You get experience, and the items on your ship also improve as the game progress (that is the RPG part). The combat part is excellent and in total 3d, and you only need to use the mouse to maneuver the ship, really easy.

What is Multiverse Mod?

--- Multiverse is a Mod created for the Space Empires: Star Fury game. The Multiverse Mods will be composing of at least six parts or campaigns.

What is Multiverse?

--- Multiverse is, as the name implies, a conglomeration of various universes, and in this first mod it is about the Star Blazers Universe and some of the races that composed the Star fury original game. In the second Multiverse Mod the player will discover new universes.

What is “Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond” about?

--- That is for you to find out but I can safely say that it is Star Blazers meets Star fury!

Is there any background to this mod?

--- Even thought the mod is independent from the previous “Star Blazers mod: The Quest for Iscandar (campaign 1 & 2)”, it would be helpful if the player try that mod first since the game play is very similar and that story serves as background for the Multiverse Mod.
Star Blazers: The Quest or Iscandar” Mod follows the original TV show series created by the master story teller and mechanical designer Leiji Matsumoto. Multiverse on the other hand was just put together by me with a little story to serves as glue for all the universes that the player will discover. My ability as a story teller is poor (this is my first try), but at least the action should keep the player entertain.

What is Star Blazers?

--- If you have never heard of Star Blazers it was a cartoon TV show, (japanimation) and the story is straightforward but with all the elements of a (space) soap opera. It came about 2 years before Star Wars. The story goes like this:

“In the year 2199, Earth was under severe attack from a mysterious planet Gamilon. Gamilon planet bombs covered the Earth with radioactive pollution, and as a result, in one-year time, Earth will be unlivable… But on the planet Iscandar there is a machine that can remove the radioactivity. A team of star blazers called the “Star Force” undertakes the perilous journey, but can the Star Force travels 148,000 light years and back in just one Earth year?”

What will be next?

- Multiverse_2-The_Fourth_Dimension (99% completed)
- Multiverse_3-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 95% completed
- Multiverse_4-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 95% completed
- Multiverse_5-(cannot reveal the title at this point) 75% completed

Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond – Mod is composed of two major files:

1. Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond
a. Data folder
b. Images folder
c. Xfiles folder
(It also contains many '.txt' files)

2. Multiverse_Music-1
a. Music
b. Sounds

Installation:

1. Open the Star Fury original game folder where you installed the original game on your hard drive. There you will find a folder called "Campaigns". With the mouse drag (copy) the “Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond” and placed inside this "Campaigns" folder.

2. For the folder named “Multiverse_Music-1" you are going to find:
a. Music
b. Sounds
You are going to take the content of the Music folders (8 songs) and insert them inside the music folder of the original game, and the contents of the Sounds folder inside the Sounds folder of the original game.

NOTE: Multiverse-1 will only need the Multiverse_Music-1, wile Multiverse 2 and 3 will also require “Multiverse_Music-2”, all in due time.

General game play advice:
Read the manual, especially the part about the keyboard shortcuts, like if the game looks too dark you can use "L" to make it bright and "K" to darken it. "+" and "-" for game speed, etc. Have the game patch to 1.17.
REMEMBER: save the game often!!!
Old December 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

I have got this mod downloaded and and looking forward to playing it. Your last starblazers mod(s) were absolutely awesome. I will post later if I have a question or let you know what I think about multiverse. Thanks for making the mod.
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road

Nice to hear again from you Campeador and thank you for this new campaign.
One small problem I encountered so far: the Pluto starbase is invisible. The Minerva starbase however is shown as expected.
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:43 AM

Corporal

The invisible base or ship also happens on the original Star Fury game from time to time. The fix is to save the game and reload until the invisible ship or base is visible.

Note: In addition to the music that I have provided, the game also uses some of the music of the original SF game. I have noticed two variants of the same music score that merit some attention. For example in some instances the music appears like this:

Starfury-Track 01.mp3
Or
Space Empires-Starfury-Track 01.mp3

Multiverse uses the shorter version. If for any reason you have the long version you will not be able to hear some of the music. The fix is simply to copy the original 21 tracks and edit the name by removing the “Space Empires-” part, and put back on the original music folder.
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:31 AM

Colonel

Yes I think the invisible ship problem is an old bug in Starfury itself and not in your campaign.

The second mission (scanning the enemy base in the Vallon systems) seems quite difficult if not impossible due to the large numbers of enemies there including fighter that you cannot outrun! Did you succeed this missions without cheats?
Old December 12th, 2007, 12:47 AM

Corporal

All the missions in the game are beatable without cheats. All I am telling is that the armor and engines of the enemy is better than yours, but there is plenty floating around to salvage from the first mission. Remember Captain Hardass Lesson one.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM

Private

enrico7113 is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody
honestly I bought the game only to play star blazers mod because it is the only PC game around to play star blazers
well the mod was wonderful !!!
I liked so much to play a game based on my favourite cartoon serie
then I played the standard 3 campaigns then ... what a surprise !!! multiverse mods where you can fly and fight with star trek and star wars universes wow !!!
I think it is just my opinion that multiverse mods are better than the original game
graphics are better
races are different in their technology
while in the original there were no real differences since every race could get same things (shields engines sensors... )
in the multiverse every race has a unique flavour
what I liked so much is the guns icon for triple mount turrets of yamato and others it makes things look even more real
ok that is all for now ...
Campeador made a wonderful job !!!
thanks a lot !!!
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM

Corporal

Multiverse Campaign 4 is out!
Multiverse_4-Space_Time_Continuum
Time to play Star Trek!
Same story, similar events as before, but for the point of view of the Federation. This time around the player gets to be a Federation Officer joining the crew of the Enterprise. So there are going to be a few instances were the player gets to experience events from the previous campaigns (2 and 3), but from a different perspective.
The campaign is a short one but I may put the player in control of the Enterprise and the Arcadia again in the future before I finish the series.
Enjoy!

ps:
Download at: Starfury Scenarios and Mods
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:34 AM

Colonel

I am very glad that you continued your excellent work.
Thank you very much Campeador.
Probably I won't be able to play it until next weekend, but I will let you know if I encounter any problems.
Old October 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road

Cool! Thanks Campeador for releasing the 4th multiverse. I can't wait to play it! Just to let you know, I have finished my SF mod and I am testing it all the way through right now. Should be done in a week or so then I will post it on the forum.

Last edited by rstaats10; October 25th, 2008 at 03:44 PM..