Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:10 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Helo News game related.

Suhiir,
I don't know what happened here but know after every patch gets released I go back to see what made it and how the numbers fell as I requested them on my inputs. The USA MH-47G looked correct to me two years ago but now I'm not so sure as it looks all wrong to me now which affects the USMC one as well. My only note I made was to address this helo for the USMC the following year, which we know has be done. They should be the same in both OOBs. Now I have work to do. Let's focus on the USMC MH-47G as it will be the correct representative version for both. I'll be split screen between USA UNIT 275 and USMC UNIT 316 to give you the correct numbers. I also did some checks against the MH-47E as well i.e. Cost etc. Which ever unit is correct is your guide for the wrong one to fix. Ready here I go...
1. START DATE: USA 1/2007 is correct. USMC 10/2008 is wrong.
2. END DATE: USA 1/2020 is wrong. USMC is 12/2020 is correct.
3. COST: USA 271 correct. USMC 311 is wrong.
4. CREW: Both USA and USMC are wrong. Should be 6 /two pilots/1 crew chief/4 gunners. Note: Originally it was planned that only three MGs would be required and 5 crew it would be changed by time it was fielded to current configuration.
5. CARRY: USA 244 is correct. USMC 239 is wrong.
6. RADIO: Both USA and USMC are @ 91. Is 92 max? And would it make any difference? If not leave it.
7. STEEL HF: USA 12 is wrong. USMC 14 is correct.
8. STEEL HS: USA 0 is wrong. USMC 2 is correct.
9. THE BONUS: The Starbrd. side refueling boom would be GREAT!! That's what separates these from ALL standard non-SOCOM Chinook helos world wide. Of course this would apply to the MH-47E as well.

Refer to Post #26 Item A3 of this thread.

I need to hit the rack good night!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 23rd, 2014 at 02:27 AM..
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helo News game related.

Pat,

Made corrections indicated, couple FYI notes.
3. Cost is automatically calculated when the routine is run (which it should be after any change in armament, speed, armor, etc.)
6. Radio, the 2nd digit (either 0, 1, 2, or 3 ... NEVER higher) is what's known as the "Rarity Code" 0=Average, 1=Rare, 2=Common, 3=Vary rare AI will never purchase.
9. Need a pic of a SOCOM bird for inclusion in the library.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old May 24th, 2014, 02:49 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir,
1. The cost thing is weird but, OK for the same helo I guess?!?
2. Radio issue was useful in preventing me from asking that question again.
3. Now about those pictures...
A. First a look at the capabilities that are unique to the CHINOOK in general, it's the only known helo that can operate in the fashion shown below and I'll show it's done as well in the last picture in this section. That team will ride that raft right into the helo in the first pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ch47_07.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	12993 Click image for larger version

Name:	MH-47 wet duck .jpg
Views:	1664
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	12994

Name:	x05-03755 MH-47G skis - 1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	12995

Any real physical difference on the outside it's what's mostly on the inside with a new cockpit and updated electronics suite where the difference lies between the MH-47E and MH-47G which I think we did a pretty good job of getting done for each bird in the game. Note the following: Centerline under the cockpit you'll see the advanced FLIR System on the port side you'll see the terrain mapping/targeting system sort of like the LITENING Pod etc. carried on jets and finally the refueling boom that's unique to these SOCOM birds. First the MH-47E then the MH-47G L to R.

Name:	mh47e.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	12996 Click image for larger version

Name:	img_mh47gsoar.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	12997

Time for bed-good night!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 24th, 2014 at 03:15 AM..
Old May 24th, 2014, 03:21 AM

Lieutenant General

Additional pics here as I forgot how to trick the system on uploading more pictures.
Standard but latest model CH-47F for comparison:

Name:	CH-47F.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	12999
Another MH-47G:

Name:	mh47_160th.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	13000
And finally to show a mid air refueling op of in this case a MH-47E for FYI only:

Name:	ch-47-refuelling.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	13001

As a side note the SOCOM birds are more "bulbous" on the bottom to allow for more fuel capacity and of course extended range as a result.

Regards,
Pat
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:08 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Is this any good?

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:16 AM

Lieutenant General

Looks good to me scorpio_rocks.
Plan to do a dark grey/black night-ops version?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old May 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Looks good to me scorpio_rocks.
Plan to do a dark grey/black night-ops version?
More than happy to give me a day or two

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
Old May 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Major

Quick try editting existing "grey" Chinook:

Think my "talent" will run out trying a "Black" version but will give it a go

For others with more skill than I here is a nice top down drawing i found:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MH_47G_Chinook.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	13005  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp chinookH47G.bmp (35.0 KB, 239 views)
File Type: bmp chinookH47Ggrey.bmp (35.0 KB, 250 views)

Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
Old June 18th, 2014, 02:42 AM

Lieutenant General

There was some conversation about the following items...
1. The CH-53K (As of 5/14/2014 is now the “King Stallion”) has been delayed three years past the 2016 date I had earlier. It will now not reach Initial Operational Capability (IOC) until JAN 2019. Any delay (And funding is a top issue here thanks partly to the F-35C.) over the next couple of years and it'll be getting cut from the OOB.

2. As a reminder the CH-53D was retired on 2/10/2012; I had reported on this in this Thread and one other at the time. I never submitted it as an oversight on my part due to my issues over the last couple of years.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...updated-01724/

Reminder to all this sight has links built into the article and sources at the bottom.

3. I am now the "player" I'm playing as the USMC and am running an air assault against the enemies FH units that have been spotted, what arty I have is supporting my troops in another sector that's under attack and those units are supporting the attack. The air assault is my only option so with a CH-53E
with troops assigned to it to include snipers and a couple of AT teams. We lift off terrain masking as best I can. I know the true capabilities of these birds but forget what the game setting is for the CH-53E and we push on. The terrain is good but all of a sudden my team is taking fire but can't see from where it's coming from but, I should. My team doesn't make it I lose a bunch of Marines to include those sniper and AT teams. The battle becomes a draw. I go and check the CH-53E stats in my happy mood and the TI/GSR is 1/2 of what it should be-why?
I have to ask...
1. How much more would have it cost to increase the TI/GSR from 20 (I believe.) to 40 vs. the 2 squads, 2 sniper teams and 2 AT teams I just lost. Half of which were "core" units. And let's not forget the bird in this case that might not have got to the LZ but got shot down when it shouldn't have. You can substitute the CH-53K for this scenario as well.

2. The TI/GSR should be 40 for the CH-53E (I have to check but I believe the "E" was upgraded ~2008/2010 timeframe pending the CH-53D retirement and early delays in the CH-53K program.) and 50 for the CH-53K. I posted this in this thread I believe in here somewhere, but it's been posted I'm sure. Again this was an oversight as noted above, this was on my work list from two years ago after checking my files.

3. To support the above look at Post #26 Items A2, A4, A6 and C1. In order and all in the game but for Cambodia with current TI/GSR values; PUMA HC2 50, SUPER COUGAR 60 (This a more specialized bird.), and Mi-17V5 50 (Russian version Mi-8 also at 50.). That's alot of countries and Cambodia will get theirs when the "shop reopens for business". Also Post #29 Item A3 added another SUPER COUGAR this year.

I pushed to get the Tanks and certain APCs increased it took a couple of years, but I provided Don with the right data to do so. In fact where I gave him the option based on the info he went with the higher TI/GSR. Most players will gladly pay more and as I've noted elsewhere so will the AI.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 18th, 2014 at 02:49 AM..
Old June 18th, 2014, 03:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
1. The CH-53K ... is now the “King Stallion” ... Initial Operational Capability (IOC) until JAN 2019.

2. ... CH-53D was retired on 2/10/2012
You just had to post this later the same day I released an OOB revision didn't you?
*mutters about f-ing squids a while*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
... The terrain is good but all of a sudden my team is taking fire but can't see from where it's coming from but, I should. My team doesn't make it I lose a bunch of Marines to include those sniper and AT teams. The battle becomes a draw. I go and check the CH-53E stats in my happy mood and the TI/GSR is 1/2 of what it should be-why?
Par for the course.
You will NEVER "see" opposition infantry until they fire on you (and often not even then) at a range of 1-2 hexes, pretty much guaranteeing a hit on their part.
ALWAYS send a well armored attack helo first to "clear the way" for troop carriers.

No TI was a design decision in order to try to keep the unit cost reasonable as this is a transport not attack helo, giving it TI would increase the per unit cost 23%.
AND would have zero effect on the oppositions ability to "ambush" it at 1-2 hexes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: