.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:19 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Night of the Long Knives?

I noticed a couple of references to Orwell in this thread. It seems like some (*not* all) people on one side of this discussion are certainly engaging in a Two Minute Hate (though it's obviously gone on a lot longer than two minutes). Though I doubt it will change anyone's mind it's worth pointing out that the reasoned, calm posts supporting Sombre carry a lot more weight than the more extreme ones.

While I'm sure it's invigorating feeling part of a righteous crusade, it doesn't really help when your martyr is unsympathetic and has brought the problem down on himself. It's actually real simple. What's more important to Sombre: participating in the forum or acting the way he wants? Obviously it's the latter. Equally obviously, there's a misalignment between Shrapnel's view of the forum and Sombre's desired behavior. That doesn't really leave many options.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Dice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodstamp View Post
Sombre made mods, people like mods. Sombre was rude to people, including new players and forum users, people don't like that.
He was a lot less rude than Septimius Severus, who is the user who actually caused the altercation by misrepresenting Sombre's words.
I don't remember Septimius, and for the record, I never reported Sombre for anything.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:23 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
People...the moderators had a lot of 'reports' concerning Sombre's posts, by forum members, not moderators. Most, if not all of those who made those reports, are also long standing and respected members of this forum. And in some of the reports, it wasn't against the person who made the report, but "for" someone else, especially for the newer people.
ROFL, cuz septimus severus,and Kuritza are "respected members of this forum." Besides, you and Annette are now giving conflicting stories. She just said that there isn't any actual evidence because you guys were supposedly treating sombre w/kid gloves, and now you're saying that there were a lot of reports? Try coordinating before trying to lie to your forumgoers.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:26 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Nice ninja there, did you feel bad for dissing the third guy?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Just lock this thread, Annette. I started it, and I request it be locked. I do not think it should be deleted though.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:29 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

You know, the real problem here is that Truman, Frozen and Squirrell are all in the Cripple Fight game. This doesn't bode well for me. NAP, guys?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerius For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:32 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
annette you didn't bend the rules. you simply broke them. its that simple. basically you're simply lying to us. and i think about 50% of the anger isn't so much about him being banned anymore. its that we see ourselves being blatantly lied to. answer us. why didn't you follow your own rules to try and remedy the "continual problem"
I take your accusation of lying to you very seriously. What have I lied about? I posted earlier why I exercised our right to circumvent the infraction system.

Trumanator, the reports go to the private moderator's forum. I said there is not evidence that YOU can see.

This is going nowhere. You're angry. I get it.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

It looks like one group of users attacked another with support of admins then. And admins , having got "numerious examples" of Sombre's misbehavior were in such a rush, that didn't want to waste time of temporary bans. You are busy people. Hope you get payed for it. And hope it's nothing "personal" in what I say. Admins is a role in a community. I hope we are allowed to discuss it as well, as customers.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:36 PM

Sergeant

SciencePro is on a distinguished road

Meh I think the complaining here is going way overboard.

It seems pretty clear that annette was a little too hasty with the ban-hammer. And I think she would to better to leave the door open in case Sombre calms down and agrees to behave himself.

But to call Annette a liar and big brother and a nazi and whatever is just silly. Can't we try to all be a little more respectful?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:39 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
I take your accusation of lying to you very seriously. What have I lied about? I posted earlier why I exercised our right to circumvent the infraction system.
Thanks for finally admitting that you went outside your own T&Cs, I appreciate the honesty.

Quote:
Trumanator, the reports go to the private moderator's forum. I said there is not evidence that YOU can see.
So basically, you're telling us to trust you. Obviously that's not going to fly anymore. Obviously sombre isn't going to give a damn about reports on his posts, so really the only reason to not share the evidence is to conceal the lack of it.
Closed Thread