.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:31 AM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

I dont want to beat up on you megawidget- but I'd prefer the ettins dead. You actually do have the means to kill them- make a ring of water breathing (const 0), give it to one, send it underwater, take it away. The next turn, it will drown. Rinse and repeat.

I hope there is no ill will on your part. Im sorry that Calahan was rude to you, but I agree with his arguments. Luck in getting good magic sites IS part of the game. But even sites with path bonuses usually save you only a few gems- the Alt bonus/ wish scenario is a rare case, and isn't relevant until late game. But the free ettin is 14 free nature gems (without even costing a mage/turn) per turn. That's huge! The RNG argument also makes no sense- it affects all of us equally, and we all accept that chance is part of the game anyway. Also, I think it should be obvious that using a known bug is clearly not good sportsmanship.

So, I hoping you see where we're all coming from, right?
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Sergeant

Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

I dont want to beat up on you megawidget- but I'd prefer the ettins dead. You actually do have the means to kill them- make a ring of water breathing (const 0), give it to one, send it underwater, take it away. The next turn, it will drown. Rinse and repeat.

I hope there is no ill will on your part. Im sorry that Calahan was rude to you, but I agree with his arguments. Luck in getting good magic sites IS part of the game. But even sites with path bonuses usually save you only a few gems- the Alt bonus/ wish scenario is a rare case, and isn't relevant until late game. But the free ettin is 14 free nature gems (without even costing a mage/turn) per turn. That's huge! The RNG argument also makes no sense- it affects all of us equally, and we all accept that chance is part of the game anyway. Also, I think it should be obvious that using a known bug is clearly not good sportsmanship.

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Sergeant

uhhh, that was weird....sorry about the triple post!
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

I'll send you a PM, but I can spot the 5W for a ring of water breathing if you (or someone else) has an actual water mage to make the ring itself.
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:36 AM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

lol, nice try megawidget

but, yeah, a free ettin per turn is way unfair

Last edited by momfreeek; April 14th, 2012 at 06:48 AM..
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareTheBarnacleGoose View Post

I hope there is no ill will on your part. Im sorry that Calahan was rude to you, but I agree with his arguments. Luck in getting good magic sites is part of the game. But even sites with path bonuses usually save you only a few gems- the Alt bonus/ wish scenario is a rare case, and isn't relevant until late game. But the free ettin is 14 free nature gems (without even costing a mage/turn) per turn. That's huge! The RNG argument also makes no sense- it affects all of us equally, and we all accept that chance is part of the game anyway. Also, I think it should be obvious that using a known bug is clearly not good sportsmanship.

I can take off a ring of water breathing while in an underwater province? Somehow I didn't think that would be possible.

And yes, I see where you are all coming from, that's why I stopped recruiting them. I admit I haven't really figured wild ettins to be that great. They're naked giants with shoddy defense and rather worthless without construction research, from what I gather. But then, I never tried them unkitted so maybe they're secretly great and I just don't know. I saw reports of them on the CBM thread and exactly nil response to that. The vanilla exploits, however, appear to be well documented and linked from the strategy guide index.
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojones1971 View Post
I'll send you a PM, but I can spot the 5W for a ring of water breathing if you (or someone else) has an actual water mage to make the ring itself.
Oh, please don't. That's my responsibility. I'm Atlantis, so you would think I would have both the water gems and a water mage to do that -- and I presently do for the latter.
I'll have the water gems for it once I'm done site-searching. You probably can't really tell I've been doing a lot of site searching. Somehow I thought elemental provinces were more common underwater than that.
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

All there is to say is "you are wrong, Arcos'"

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawidget View Post
Oh, please don't. That's my responsibility. I'm Atlantis, so you would think I would have both the water gems and a water mage to do that -- and I presently do for the latter.
I'll have the water gems for it once I'm done site-searching. You probably can't really tell I've been doing a lot of site searching. Somehow I thought elemental provinces were more common underwater than that.
Cool bananas, thanks bro :-)

(Or sis - got that wrong in another game already.)
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have trouble seeing why Ettins are worth so much. 14 gems for a mediocre chassis seems too expensive.

But then, 0 gold is also way too cheap