winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM

Corporal

Rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 7.0 Upgrade patch

Heh, the reason there have been no more comments is because you guys said you would address it in the next patch so we've all been waiting. I do think the text is sharper and will help some. After trial and error I settled on 1024x768 which is about right for my eyes and, I suspect, for others too. I'll just keep it there but it would have been nice to be able to use a higher res.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

To Don and Andy:

Thank you for U.S. IBCT Pl,Javelins +(9 men squad with a shotgun weapon), and the Lt Mech Pl(9 man Stryker squads).

Dead on the money,gentlemen! Bravo.

This ain't going to be my last thank you,BTW,just the preliminary one.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Heh, the reason there have been no more comments is because you guys said you would address it in the next patch so we've all been waiting. I do think the text is sharper and will help some. After trial and error I settled on 1024x768 which is about right for my eyes and, I suspect, for others too. I'll just keep it there but it would have been nice to be able to use a higher res.

The original mod I produced went out two years ago. Last year just before that patch went out I said

Quote:
However, next year we will be doing some reorganization of the game screens and those new fonts and the required changes to the code will be included
That "reorganization of the game screens" didn't happen. We had seriously considered getting rid of 640x480 res and going with 800x600 screens and one reason that didn't happen is both Andy and I noticed a real change in text clarity with the new backgrounds that just started off as a casual experiment that we developed further when we noticed now much clearer the text looked now

The temp mod I produced still works but there aren't a lot of people who have used it and to be quite frank I thought the whole issue had faded away. Have you tried the mod with the new screens ?

Don
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
To Don and Andy:

Thank you for U.S. IBCT Pl,Javelins +(9 men squad with a shotgun weapon), and the Lt Mech Pl(9 man Stryker squads).

Dead on the money,gentlemen! Bravo.

This ain't going to be my last thank you,BTW,just the preliminary one.
Thanks ! Still waiting to hear from the jarheads... that's the oob that had a lot of re-organization and major picklist changes.

Don
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

My thanks for you for stepping up and doing it,Don.

I am a fiddler by nature,sometimes to a fault. This new U.S. OOB might just have my tweaking down to non-existence before this night is out. Once again,very well done,Sir. I couldn't be happier so far.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:

The original mod I produced went out two years ago. Last year just before that patch went out I said

Quote:
However, next year we will be doing some reorganization of the game screens and those new fonts and the required changes to the code will be included
That "reorganization of the game screens" didn't happen. We had seriously considered getting rid of 640x480 res and going with 800x600 screens and one reason that didn't happen is both Andy and I noticed a real change in text clarity with the new backgrounds that just started off as a casual experiment that we developed further when we noticed now much clearer the text looked now

The temp mod I produced still works but there aren't a lot of people who have used it and to be quite frank I thought the whole issue had faded away. Have you tried the mod with the new screens ?

Don
Ok, I just tried it and it does look better especially the unit ids (5) which I could hardly make out before. The text runs over once in a great while but no big deal. Yeah, I think this will be just fine. Thank you.
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Ok, I just tried it and it does look better especially the unit ids (5) which I could hardly make out before. The text runs over once in a great while but no big deal. Yeah, I think this will be just fine. Thank you.

Specifically..... which MOD are you referring to ? As I recall I did one, then another more specialized one.

I used to have a version of the game set up with the text mod but I cleaned up the HD and got rid of it after the new screens went in

Don
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Corporal

Really, I don't remember and I doubt if there's a way to tell without downloading them and comparing. Last year I put them in a folder and saved them. There are two files. I think, and this is going by memory, I took one you did and not only kept it for that file but also changed the name for another font file. If it's important to you I'll test it tomorrow.
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Really, I don't remember and I doubt if there's a way to tell without downloading them and comparing. Last year I put them in a folder and saved them. There are two files. I think, and this is going by memory, I took one you did and not only kept it for that file but also changed the name for another font file. If it's important to you I'll test it tomorrow.

That's OK. It's probably the third version of font4, that's the one that fits the best.

Don
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:14 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT version 7.0 Upgrade patch

Well I know I'm about to have a couple of moments here but obviously my is winning this battle of the patch download. So go ahead and have a or two heck just enjoy yourselves and let it all out while someone, anyone it into me and gets me going down the "right path" since after a full day of this all I'm doing is : and feeling like I want to .

A) Running XP SP3 so this should be easier for me then for a Win 7 or 8 user. I get that. Have CD v1 games for both originally. WinSPMBT is-has been running w/Ver 6.0. WinSPWW2 is running with Ver. 1 (Had to reload it a couple of years ago and have not re-patched it.) both run with NO ISSUES.

1. Download from the site.
2. Have done both opened and saved the file.
3. Have extracted the files.
4. Run it.
5. Installed it to the "default path" shown C:\SHRAPNELGAMES\THE CAMO WORKSHOP\WinSPMBT.
6. Files are installing/installed successfully. However I noticed it didn't extract any old files for either game. Is that an issue?
7. Checked game(s) and Patch 7.0 is not on WinSPMBT and likewise for WinSPWW2 in regards to the Consolidation Patch. I did find the Consolidation Patch for WinSPWW2 in my program file listed separately once using the ADD/REMOVE function otherwise I don't have a clue where they're going when it says the installation is complete.
8. Cleared the "slate" of the 7.0/Consolidation patches.
9. Haven't had an issue in the past, obviously since I'm feeling I need to do this. I'm sure I missed something basic just not sure what .

And you wonder why I only deal with equipment here, look no further!?! I really need to get some sleep. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pat
Closed Thread