.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few GUI gripes

Well it still sounds like the problem. Maybe your key is messed up. You might try deleting the file named "key" in your dominions 3 directory, then when you bring up Dom3 it will prompt you for your serial code again.

If that doesnt work I would contact the place you got it from to see what they can do for you. If it was Shrapnel Games or Gamers Front then I know they will help you out
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:32 PM

BANNED USER

Duthos is on a distinguished road

I looked at the key file, and the code there matched what I had. I deleted the file anyway, re entered my code, and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, blessed wailing ladies are awesome.
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Good job
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:29 AM

BANNED USER

Ah damn, it isn't fixed. Strange thing is, I only get this behavior on the first turn after I load, if I don't go into any army setup's on my first turn, on my consecetive turns I have seem to have no problem, but if I load up and go straight into the army setup then I have the chancce of the commanders disapearing. Most odd. Suppose I can get around that by simply finishing all my setups on my current turn before I quit. Pain in the ***.

Just for fun I went a found a pirate code to see exaclty what kind of behavior that causes, and it is completely different. When the protection is tripped you cannot interact with anything in the game at all, including via shorcuts, and the entire gui is gone, whereas when my commanders disapear I can still select them via 'n,' although I hadn't thought to try and issue orders last time I had this I would wager I still can.
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Odd, perhaps there is some sort of shotcut you accidentially activate? You should open up a support ticket with shrapnel. I think that that is the normal advice given by the shrapnel people.
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:38 PM

BANNED USER

Another addendum, this is a repeatable error in my games where there is fairly large armies. If I load the game go into army setup and move troops it always happens. If I simply open the setup and exit then it doesn't happen. After it has happened I can still issue move orders to the selected leader, or other leaders selected with 'n', but when I press space to bring up the command menu it appears beyond the top right hand corner with only the edge visable.

I went to open a ticket but they ask for a lot of personal information and while I have no problem telling anyone who I am I dislike pointless beauracracy. Actually, using he word dislike is likely a pretty severe understatement.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM

BANNED USER

Correction, where the menu appears is dependant on my mouse curser. Here is an image of the problem.

Old July 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I had that once. If I remember it was from playing full screen in a size Dom3 didnt recognize. Try windowed mode
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duthos View Post

Just for fun I went a found a pirate code to see exaclty what kind of behavior that causes, and it is completely different. When the protection is tripped you cannot interact with anything in the game at all, including via shorcuts, and the entire gui is gone, whereas when my commanders disapear I can still select them via 'n,' although I hadn't thought to try and issue orders last time I had this I would wager I still can.

Hmm, in the past it has been anything ranging from commander box disappearing to buttons in the menu, to totally losing the GUI. I don't think it is the one behavior every time. but I am not certain.

Also, why would it matter if you gave them your info? You already did that when you bought the game didn't you?
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM

BANNED USER

Nope, why would I have? It isn't the information I am griping about anyway, it is the whole form thing. I hate pointless, and none of that information is relevent to them. Why should my mailing and home addresses matter for tech support for a video game? I suppose I should at least submit a bug report, although I had effectively resolved my problem by only saving after I have made all my army setup changes.

I will try gandalf's way, that sounds way better than my workaround. I just much prefer fullscreen normally, but this game it likely doesn't matter.