.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forge of Godhood - started

I wouldnt mind a slowdown or pause in the schedule.

In other news: Jarkko, why are you ignoring my PM?
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM

BANNED USER

Maerlande is on a distinguished road

I'm fine with a slow down. Hopefully QM will be back. He mentioned he might be back this weekend.
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

The Marignonian Royal Order of the Death Snake salutes Caelum for the pleasure of meeting them on the battlefield, prior to their nation disappearing in a puff of logic.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:20 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I could use a downtime between the 24th and the 26th, but I'm otherwise fine with the regular schedule... not that I need much time to do my turns for Man as I can't live up to Calahan's legacy of intricate battle plans!
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM

BANNED USER

Until QM is back in the saddle I'll keep my eye on the timer. I'm going to postpone hosting if I see it getting close to the time and there are missing turns. The only trouble will be bed time. I'll just make sure it's set for 12 hours more when I go to bed.
Old December 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM

First Lieutenant

Agema is on a distinguished road

I'd like to request a permanent sub for MA Ermor. I've got a new job and have to move house soon, so I need to drop some Dom3 commitments, and I'm enjoying this game least.
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Agema is on a distinguished road

Er, and a 48h delay would help me too. I've already staled the last turn.
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:08 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerlande View Post
Until QM is back in the saddle I'll keep my eye on the timer. I'm going to postpone hosting if I see it getting close to the time and there are missing turns. The only trouble will be bed time. I'll just make sure it's set for 12 hours more when I go to bed.
Ok, so I really did believe this, and that we would have maybe a three day pause at the holidays. Seems I was wrong. Seems I was not the only one who did believe so, with *three* players getting a stale turn

I understand the need to keep games going, I value that very much. But when several people asks the game to be delayed 2-3 days *at this point of the year* when most likely many people have other things on their mind, and those requests are simply ignored (despite giving the impression that the game is delayed), then I must say I utterly disappointed.

Not a good show. Especially when people have so far been very flexible in this game, this arbitrary stupidity seems like a major slap in the face. I suppose I should have objected to people changing nations and the previous delay requests, but I did imagine this game was not supposed to be such a game

Not a good show at all I think a new player for Pangaea should be found, I am really that pissed at this moment
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM

BANNED USER

I'm very sorry Jarkko. QM has come back and is taking control of Abysia. I was away for the 2 day Christmas break with limited access to the forums. Also I had assumed that QM was watching the timer. Again, that's my fault. When I left on the 24th things looked pretty good.

I should have set the timer to 96 hours before I left. Again, I apologize. I'll talk to QM. I think we should have a roll back for this one.

I am no longer playing in this game. Having switched nations once to try to resolve the substitution problem I don't feel comfortable rejoining. I have too much inside knowledge I shouldn't have. I also strictly limited my Abysia play to regency. Hold in place and keep the nation ready for QM.

So to sum up, I've tried hard to help the game keep going and feel quite bad about the mistake causing 3 stales.

Regards,
Maer
Old December 27th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

Maerlande, apology accepted. You made an excellent effor to keep the game going when it was near to collapse, and I value that very much.

Besides, I've had a few hours to cool down from the shock I got this morning, and it is clear to me these things happen. Water udner the bridge now, and all that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerlande View Post
I'll talk to QM. I think we should have a roll back for this one.
There is only one thing I hate more (in Dominions, that is) than staling, and that is roll-backs. I for one wouldn't want to see that happen. Simply put, too much information has been revealed to those who did not suffer from this misunderstanding, and it wouldn't be fair to mess their game. Besides, nothing seriously bad happened to Pangaea due to the stale (except C'tis succeeded to take one of my capitals, but C'tis is nearly dead anyway ( )), so lets keep moving on