.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Since my signature is becoming quite big with all these mods I'm making, I decided to gather all of my mods under a single link. I'll make some pretty banners for each mod in this thread once I have the time to do so.

Also, currently all estimations on MP balance are by me. If you have opinions on the matter (even something simple, like "I agree"), please voice your opinion. The more players agree that a certain mod is MP-balanced, the easier it is for me to advertise it and not to worry if it might ruin someone's MP experience because of some thing I missed.

Nation Mods

Alugra, City of Wonders

Version: 1.05
Finished: 100%
MP Balance: Has seen MP play in 3 games. I consider it MP blanced.

Alugra is my first mod, but you should not let that fact affect your opinion about it. "Alugra, City of Wonders" is a EA nation mod that introduces a new nation, loosely based on common superhero myths, Alugra is a bloated city that is placed directly above of a huge well of magic. This magical energy sometimes mutates the human inhabitants of Alugra, giving them superhuman abilities.

Gameplay wise, the nation is very capital centric and has a cheap national "Gift of Reason"-type spell, which allows you to use your superhuman units as mages. Actually, it's sort of necessary to Gift them into mages, since your recruitable mages are pretty average. The nation has a lot of national spells, especially personal buffs that allow your superhuman mages to punch evil straight to its ugly face.

Overall, I'm quite proud of my first "child" and I occasionally fire it up for some SP fun (althought the nation was designed with MP play heavily in mind).

Warhammer Nation: Bretonnia, Knights of the Grail

Version: 0.95
Finished: 99%
MP Balance: Has issues with a "secondary economy" with the knight commander summons which is subject to abuse.

This mod intoduces a MA nation, which is heavily inspired by the nation "Bretonnia" in the warhammer lore. It's a feudal nation, ruled by brave knights and supported by peasants. These same roles also refelct to the battlefield. The cowardly peasants will often flee without noble support and Knights will get overwhelmed without the peasants taking some hits for them.
The mysterious Damsels have set their blessings over the nation, supporting the bretonnian knights with magic.

Gameplay wise, the nation has the best heavy cavalry in the game and easy access to thuggable knight commanders. Although you have strong cap only casters in air, nature and water, your researchers are expensive and perform quite poorly.

Overall, this nation has gotten most praise out of all my mods and I'm quite proud about the way it turned up.

Warhammer Nation: Dwarfs, Grudges of the Ancestors

Version: 0.91
Finished: 90%
MP Balance: Current version is somewhat OP for MP.

This mod intoduces a MA nation, which is heavily inspired by the nation "Dwarfs" in the warhammer lore. Dwarfs are a sturdy race, ancient and everlasting like a mountain. They once ruled over a vast empire, but race has now dwindled to a mere shadow of its former glory. Dwarf armies are few in number, but even the lowliest Clansdwarf is tough as nail and adorned in superior dwarven armaments.

Gameplay wise, dwarfs have excellent military troops and PD. They also are very good at forging, although their battlemagic is lacking. They are also somewhat slow to get moving, with high resource costs and expensive castles.

Pythium, The Second Empire

Version: 0.7
Finished: 90%
MP Balance: Not tested in MP.

I made this nation out of my annouance with the MA Pythium. The dom3 vanilla nation has some Byzantine flavor, but it overshadowed by the Hydras and the annoying Arch Theurgs. Hence this mod.

It overwrites the vanilla MA Pythium with a quite a different nation.

Basegame Add-On Mods

Holy War

Version: 0.9
MP Balance: OK for MP game, as long as players are sufficiently informed of the changes in the mod (like how holy site searching is now important). Has already seen MP play in 4 games.

This mod was made out of my frustation towards the general suckiness of vanilla priests. It boosts national priests, introduces a bundle of new holy combat spells and adds 31 new holy sites.

Overall, I like the way this mod makes priests much more important, in and out of the battlefield. With this mod, I don't feel cheated out of a mage when recruiting a priest.

Crosspath Combat Spells (CPCS)

Version: 0.9
MP Balance: OK for MP game, as long as players are sufficiently informed of the changes in the mod and know to keep an eye out for new strategies opened by the new spells. Has already seen MP play in 4 games

This mod introduces 36 new crosspath spells to the game, mainly to make mages with random picks more exciting and to increase the amount battlefield casting options. The spells have been desinged with balance in mind, and offer more to weak nations that strong ones.

Underwater Gameplay Improvement Mod (UWGIM)

Version: 0.95
Finished: 96%
MP Balance: Designed for improved MP balance. Has already seen MP play in 2 games

After a absolutely horrible experience with EA Oceania, I decided to take matters on my own hands and fix vanilla underwater mechanics as much as I could. The main post has a list of the changes and explanation for each one of them.

Overall, I'm very happy on the way the mod works. Makes playing UW nations less horrible experience than in vanilla.

MP Utility Mods

DRAS

Version: 1.00
MP Balance: MP Balanced.

This minor mod fiddles with spell researchlevels to make harder research settings not so advantegeous to "rush" nations.

Disable Bonus Sites (DBS)

Version: 1.00
MP Balance: MP Balanced.

Some bonus sites are really awesome. I mean really really awesome. I mean like "gamebreakingly unbalanced"-type of awesome. This simple mod sets 13 gamebreaking bonus sites so that they are no longer randomly generated. Highly recommended if you want your MP game to have that extra emphasis on skill rather than luck.

Last edited by Burnsaber; May 3rd, 2010 at 05:24 AM..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:46 AM

Colonel

Default Re: Burnsabers Mods

Announcement:

I'm "out".

I'm don't want to go on a lenghty rant about this, but the "Sombre Incident" just left me utterly and completely baffled. Sharpnel is free to moderate their boards however they like, but I'm not forced to use them. I'm not going to stick around in forums where the moderation is like.. this. So I'm going to vote with my feet here. I enjoy modding and that is why I've been doing it for so long but no more am I going to enjoy sharing my mods through these forums. So I won't.

As much as I'd like to just leave, I have some commitments here in the boards and I'm not going to inconvience my fellow players by suddenly leaving the MP games I'm on or some crap like that. Also, I'm not going do "franks" here and delete all my mods but I won't update them nor share any new ones through these forums.

But as soon as my I've cleared out all of my commitments (most likely after I've GM'd "Legendary Ordeals II"), I'll be out for good.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

Don't worry, someone will take over, probably even going to the extremity of changing some impressive blonde manes some of your sprites boast... You should stay, if only to avoid this !

Senior member of the GLIN !
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:11 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
Don't worry, someone will take over, probably even going to the extremity of changing some impressive blonde manes some of your sprites boast... You should stay, if only to avoid this !
You know me well.

As much as it would sadden me to see someone replace the lustry blonde hair of many of my units*, my mods have always been open for anyone to alter or to steal graphics from. Also, just in the case it wasn't clear, I will continue working on mods. I'm just not going to post them here because I want no part in forums that are run like this. Alternate options are being worked on as I type this.

*anyone should note that doing this would be an extremely risky endeavour, for it will invoke the wrath of the gods of heavy metal
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

I hope you'll (and Sombre too) leave indications to your fans as to were to go to get their fix ! Think of the silent majority ! Those too lazy to post ! I know they're around here, lurking from the shadows !

Senior member of the GLIN !
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Burnsaber will probably post his mods the same place sombre is posting his now.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Here probably:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?