.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Private

Yonz is on a distinguished road
Default Extra secondary paths and fatigue reduction

Playing Marverni I have found out that apparently having extra levels in a magic path does NOT reduce fatigue. I proudly kitted out a battery of druids (skull caps and all) to rain down stellar havoc on my enemies only to find them at 125 fatigue after only two blasts. What. The. Hell.
I'll take one of them for example, a 3E 4S 8 reinvig, 3 spell enc Druid starts at 25 fatigue, casts GoH and is now at 75 fatigue. No reduction whatsoever, despite his having 3 (!) points of extra astral.
Now, while I suspect I haven't exactly discovered America, I don't have the manual nearby. So, I can't really check if that is supposed to happen or there's something else afoot. Either way, I feel ripped off.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Extra secondary paths and fatigue reduction

Gifts from heavens have E as their primary path (E3S1), so it's the number of E levels that affects fatigue.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Marverni Druids are sacred. Are you using any kind of Earth bless? A strong Earth bless might help with that fatigue.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:51 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

That is the way it works. Only the primary path counts for fatigue.

The manual does not make that quite as clear as it could be. The Battle Magic Fatigue section, that actually gives the fatigue formula does not talk about secondary paths. There is a comment in the Using magic gems in combat section that does say that secondary paths are not used in fatigue calculation, but it would be easy to overlook
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Corporal

Debaser8 is on a distinguished road

Create a communion with one/two masters to give them power of the spheres and summon earthpower and maybe aim. At least you should get a few more casts that way. Or just use stellar cascades on your primary path and toss in LOTN to the communion, it might be more effective.
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Private

*grumbles*
It seems I'll have to settle for less firepower then. It's a shame S paths don't count though. As for reinvig, earth bless, etc. I've crafted boots of the messenger (as I don't have an E bless), but using them on a 2E druid is pretty pointless - earth boots are much more effective in reducing fatigue.
Thanks for the tip on stellar cascades, I didn't really know how to put those 3S guys into good use. Going to make communions too.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser8 View Post
Create a communion with one/two masters to give them power of the spheres and summon earthpower and maybe aim. At least you should get a few more casts that way. Or just use stellar cascades on your primary path and toss in LOTN to the communion, it might be more effective.
A reverse com would also work nice. two or three masters buffing the slaves with power of the spheres, and summon earthpower, perhaps aim. (stellar cascades has pres 100, so aim is not needed). And just give one of them the banner which gives a free LOTN (saves a combat mage turn). And afterwards the masters can also cast if they are the last on the list.

On the subject of saving combat mage turns, if you have the gems and paths, getting slave and crystal matrixes, and a few of the autocast items can really buff your reverse communion slaves. (crystal shield gives a light of the north star, charcoil shield a fire shield (*)). And it saves you a round of casting. (Getting your offensive spells out earlier, and less fatigue.).

*: anybody know about any more of these? The copper plate gives charge body (but not SR!). (Would the amulet of vengeance spell be cast on slaves if a master carrying one dies?)
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

Soyweiser, items such as the banner, copper plate, etc cast turn0 spells, therefore they won't work in a reverse communion unless the entire communion is brought together with crystal and slave matrixes. even than it's about a 50/50 chance of said turn0 spells to work due to the spell order in which they take place, if the communion slave+master happens before LotNS of the banner/crystal shield than it will benefit the reverse communion, if not than it won't.

he can still use reverse communions, just without items. useful buffs would include PotS(if using astral battle magic in the reverse communion), summon earthpower(both earth spells and reinvig, so always useful), body ethereal+personal luck(slaves' survivability), etc.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:10 AM

Private

Correct, tried it without taking the turn order into consideration and ended up with a not-fully-buffed communion. Banner works though since it makes all S mages more powerful, regardless of their being a part of a communion.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:25 AM

Sergeant

Kadelake is on a distinguished road

Body ethereal will not be transferred to the slaves, only self target spells are transferred.