.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM

Sergeant

Nosantee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Good, the Bad intermediates and the Ugly noobs (Running)

I had originally persuaded Fomoria to join me in my assault, I'd long been thinking of betraying the NAP of Hinnom and I for many turns. He attacked first while I launched the surprise offensive. My armies did take many hits though, I lost atleast 20 mages in direct combat and fighting. Lost dozens others in magic duels and suicide bombings. So don't believe I just waltzed in and took it all free of charge like Fomoria claims.

I love love love Diplo. I know I've contacted all of you atleast five or more times this game and It's one of the reasons this game is so great, you can create anything with another willing player. Truthfully this was the first game I'd ever played with Machiavellian style diplomacy. I'm typically completely loyal to my allies, the dealings we have, and only fight on decent terms. However, the positioning I was in and the fact I was surrounded by three giant nations and two blood had forced me to make a harsh choice.

Die by turn 20, or break off a piece of that kit-kat bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	11782  
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

Yea I have been always thrustworthy to my allies as well, but you have to keep in mind that what we did here was a military operation not an alliance. There are predefined alliances for the game and I obviously will stick to those.
I understand your movites completely and its hard for a solo player to fight so thats why you did what you had to do and I don't blame you at all. Also I admit I underestimated the ammount of looses you took just there didn't seem to be any major clashes between you and Hinnom thats the reason why I presumed that (that and the fact that at the time of the invasion I didn't have many scouts in Hinnom's territories so I might have missed some of the battles).
Anyways it has been fun playing with/trying to outwit you

Last edited by bbz; April 8th, 2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Private

Vanguard X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard X View Post
That's odd. My sources indicate that the war in the west was first fought between Fomoria, and Hinnom. And that Arco. came to Fomoria's aid. I'd bet Arco. is regretting that decision about now.
Haha is that what it looked like,I guess you can not know since you don't have all my chat messages. Anyways I am not in a mood of explaining things but lets say I knew of arco's decision to break his nap although I stuck up to my word and declared the end of the nap between me and Hinnom. That is why I got attacked first and I lead the inital battles wheares Arco went on taking gem-rich lands at almost no cost for his armies.
As a matter of fact I think I still have the message from Arco inviting me to join him in that war. But I guess I shouldn't have trusted a guy that plans to lead war by breaking his Nap. (Well I was weary of him ever since that decision of his but I guess I was temped by the idea of territorial expansion).

Ohhh, I see. Ya, that is what it looked like, and sounded like from your messages to me prior the war against Hinnom.

When you were trying to recruit me to attack Hinnom, I was under the belief that the reason you were doing it was to stop Hinnom's Dominion spread; because we were all going to die from it, etc...Needless to say, I refused.

I find it ironic, that Hinomm now has a much stronger Dominion than at any time in the history of our world, but now you decide leave Hinnom alone, and target Arco. instead.

And your reasoning for attacking Arco. is based on province count, and territory value?! You already control the most provinces in the world. That seems like a flimsy excuse being used to take advantage of the situation now that Hinnom is no longer a threat to you.

So what are you going to do about Hinnoms deadly dominion spread that you so urgently warned me of before?
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Sergeant

Excist is on a distinguished road

To answer for BBZ he realized that I didn't start pushing my dominion hard until after Arco broke his NAP.

When the dom spread quickens instead of slows down and only knocks down the 4-5 candle barriers after I have less temples suddenly it makes sense that Arco was lying about the extent of my bloodsaccing as he did about a great many other things.

Such as his epic exaggeration of how many of his mages died when he waltzed through along the north side of the mountain range while I was tied up in seiges and raids with Fomoria.

20 mages, hah!

The last time I checked my Prophet was not named 'Paul Bunyan'.

...although, *note to self* that's not a bad name for a prophet next time around...

Arco lost 2 mages in magic duels and his communion fatigued maybe 2 cheap 1S mages to death.

Even in its death throes it appears the propaganda campaign is in
full bloom.

Happy Spring everybody. It appears that there is plenty of fertilizer to go around for spring planting.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Sergeant

Nosantee is on a distinguished road

The Rap- Propaganda Train Has No Brakes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	propaganda_train.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	11785  
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Now that was a stupid way to loose 20D gems
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:21 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

i can't believe a lonely scout with 2 slaves collar unlock the use of gems of my mages ...

That's quite an ugly strategy beside the moveblock.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM

First Lieutenant

I thought slave collars have been made unpickable?
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz View Post
I thought slave collars have been made unpickable?
they are, don't know what let you think otherwise.
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

Hmm scout attacking you with two collars? Thats sounds like someone didn't know that they are unpickable and wanted to get rid of two of your mages. Otherwise its a waste of item since they could be usefull in certain situations..