.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game - Microless MA

Hey everyone, I have internet access again now. I'm aiming to have a map chosen/prepared by tomorrow. I'll be starting by looking at plane of rusty nails, as that is the only map vote I received.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:39 AM

General

And I'm attaching the mod to the first post now. It's a combination of CBM and item removal, you'll still need nation mods alongside it.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:09 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

I started up a quick test game with the mod and noticed the Sceptre of Corruption can still be forged.

Also, did you change the paths for some of the sprites? The Microless mod was looking for the Skadi sprite in the CBM_Sprites folder but it's actually located in the Worthy_Heroes folder. Easy enough to fix by copying it over but figured I'd mention it in case it was the result of a find/replace.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM

General

Valerius - can you please tell me the item ID for Sceptre of Corruption? You can find it by going into the game and using shift+I while looking at the item. I did my own test previously and caught three items that had snuck through, but I didn't see the sceptre. After which I went through and triple checked that all my item IDs were there. It's possible I missed another one due to being excessively tired at the time, I guess. I also didn't have the CBM issue you had, which is weird. I most definitely did not touch anything about file paths and for me it works/worked just fine. I used the ettin fix CBM 1.92, of course.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM

Major General

Sure, the sceptre is item number 113 and became available at Constr. 8.

As far as the sprites folder, you can ignore that. I downloaded CBM again and all the sprites are in the CBM_Sprites folder just as in the Microless mod. I'm really not sure how my version of 1.92 had the Worthy_Heroes folder listed as the location for some sprites. I try to be careful not to change the official CBM mod when working on experimental games but it's certainly possible I accidentally did so. Only, I can't ever recall changing sprite folder locations...
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:40 PM

General

Uploaded the map and a new version of the mod with the sceptre fixed for download, you can find them on the first page of the thread. I'll get the game up on llamaserver soonish.
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Major General

Did you use Calahan's fixed start version as a base for the NI version? If so, do you want us to have access to the .map file? Just want to check before I download it.
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM

General

I did not use fixed starts, no. That said it would take about 10 seconds to NIify a fixed starts version if people feel strongly about it. I just used elmokki's version 4 and was unaware of calahan's fixed starts version. I actually downloaded it from one of his links :P
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Major General

I'm ok with random starts, though the last two times the game chose random starts it was unkind to me (a peninsula, with two neighboring provinces being an example ). If you go to the bottom of the llamaserver map list and scroll up one page Cal has his fixed start version. He mentions that he's not posting the .map file in order to not reveal the starts and to contact him if anyone wants the .map file.

Edit: Sorry, that's another of Calahan's fixed start maps. His Plane of Rusty Nails version is the sixth from the bottom of the list.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

I really don't mind either way.

A compromise might be to run the map through the script that let's you specify how many land (for land provinces) and sea (for sea provinces) neighbors a province needs to have to be considered as the location for a starting province. This can lead to some strange clumpings of nations though, if there are regions of the map that have lots / not many neighbors.