Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Fractures - LA Game. And we're done! - Page 23 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fractures - LA Game. Going forward. One step at a time.

We have known for some time now that it would be Mictlan or Atlantis. We will then return to our slumber, to prepare for the next chance, however long it takes. The parties in Jomon were fun! We were planning to get back there soon, but not soon enough.

Good game, all. At least we went down fighting. The rest of you seemed to welcome the prospect of worshiping the porcelain Bidet!

Congratulations vfb. It was great fun, and very educational, too!
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
Well, considering you were Atlantis, and I was Mictlan, you had a pretty awesome game yourself! Just 2 or 3 turns behind is really good. I'm surprised you didn't Armageddon wish, to trash my blood hunting. Was it you that snagged the Chalice in the end?

I'll just wait to hear from Caelum, to make sure their diplomats weren't understating their capitol count, prior to posting my turn files.
Given I basically have 6 and you have 7, its impossible for anyone else to be in a position to claim victory. (Ok, I also know Ulm still has theirs, Rlyeh has theirs, and Ermor has theirs)
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM

BANNED USER

Maerlande is on a distinguished road

I have no way to contest this. So it's fine with me.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM

BANNED USER

Maerlande is on a distinguished road

PS I still have my cap.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:42 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

We have said all along that the Turkeies were sneaky!!! Well played VFB. We only have 4 caps, although we have a dozen geared out Tarts waiting for the Capital defense that never happened
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Okay, here's the turns. Enjoy.

This was a fun game, and I especially liked the RPing during my war with Ermor. Nice job, Stagger Lee!
Attached Files
File Type: zip turns.zip (229.0 KB, 60 views)
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

So, your caps are following
Mictlan @ 236
Jomon @ 106
Utgård @ 144
Marignon @ 201
Pythium @ 260
Gath @ 264
Pan @ 190

Also, you seem to have ench50 site, conj20 site, some nasty indie mages. And you have about ten times more gem income than I have. I had +2f +5a +3w +4e +6s +37d +6n and about +150 slaves per turn. And +5s and about +20d comes from globals. And I had a blood20 site to make some vampires in, though my dominion wasn't strong enough to utilize them very effectively, except what D mages usually can do vs. undead anyway. I was quite surprised that Ermor never tried to retaliate when all I had was a few h1 inquisitors at prov 98 at lowest point, though I got some chaff thralls and vampires there quite easily. They seem a wonderful tool that I'll need to look into again with higher dom and a bit different settings.

And I didn't know double water bottles worked on a commander, but now I do! Stagger Lee also played and roleplayed Ermor really well, I enjoyed watching that

Congratulations vfb, it was fun, and you've won it fair and square, and as there are no one else claiming a similar position, you'll become our new overlord. I'll have the game close tomorrow or today evening to give anyone chance to tell us if they somehow can affect the situation, which I doubt.
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitti View Post
I was quite surprised that Ermor never tried to retaliate...
Well, I was fighting four of you at the same time. I needed to pick targets, and you were the least important (sorry). I was trying to save that ench site, more so than the Jomon cap. I made lots of mistakes, sure, but I felt that I had time to get back to you. If I could just win one more battle...

My biggest mistakes were logistical, I think. Wanting my pretender to cast foul vapors w/o N gems, my quagmire caster with no W gems. Scripting my unburied way over on left flank, my unfrozen way over on right flank, then combining them with an army 10 times their size and, voila, there they are clumped in the middle killing each other with their aura. And not stepping back to regroup when I should have. Leaving that Naiad without bodyguards was dumb too.

R'lyeh was an enigma. Did anyone have an arrangement with him? Or did he have a plan? I wasted a lot of chaff on him - the reason my armies were never as huge as some of you might have expected. We had probably four battles a turn from turn 25 on. And he only played 1/2 those turns!

vfb, when you sieged the province with the enchantment site the first time, I had a mage inside cast iron walls. The fort was down to zero, you had a huge army on it, and I did not think it would work. Next turn, you had moved the army south (instead of storming), and there was just one tart left in the siege. My fort was up to 300 defense. Was he set to storm alone, or continue siege? I really thought I was wasting the gems.

Raiel, had I not picked up Tempest from Mictlan's dead Sleeper, that battle would have gone very differently. I had more than my share of luck in this game. I wish I could have somehow gotten back on the offensive after Jomon, but I guess that's what everyone fears most, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks Quitti, for having me in your game. I guess this was my shot at LA Ermor in MP, unless you'd like a rematch?
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Anyway, thanks Quitti, for having me in your game. I guess this was my shot at LA Ermor in MP, unless you'd like a rematch?
No problem, the point was to enjoy, and perhaps learn new things for everyone

I'll probably be hosting another (LA) game at the near future, keep your eyes open. There are some serious problems with huge armies in dom3, I've seen that in Warcry where I have about 10k skeletons in a pile as MA Ermor, so I'm a bit reluctant to let anyone take Ermor or possibly even R'lyeh. But we'll see
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Corporal

Raiel is on a distinguished road

It was a pleasure to play with all of you. Learned quite a bit, thank you!