This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Corporal

Epoletov_SPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Perfectly, you have well told all.
I did not know about it.

But has remained one cosmetic defect.
It is necessary to make, that the marker (a cross in a circle) appeared at use of button " X " also as well as at use of button " Z. ".
Old May 11th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Private

Lampshade111 is on a distinguished road

While nobody knows how much of the program is going to survive intact the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems vehicles would be nice to have in WinSPMBT. I believe somebody posted a list of the manned vehicles earlier.
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lampshade111 said:
While nobody knows how much of the program is going to survive intact the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems vehicles would be nice to have in WinSPMBT. I believe somebody posted a list of the manned vehicles earlier.
I would wait before having the team spending time and effort on a program which has the guillotine hanging upon it while there is so much else to fix. Until units are actually issued with them I would not bother.
And if you go down the "what if" route there must be a zillion of MBT-70, Sgt York, Cheyenne etc developed in the last 50 years. The whole US OOB probably would not be enough to contain them all.
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Private

Lampshade111 is on a distinguished road

I suppose. I don't know if the team should wait until 2015 or whenever units are supposed to start getting those vehicles however. Perhaps they should just wait until there are some real pre-production vehicles.

A few other additions to the U.S. Army OOB would be nice. The M109A6 PIM is the biggest one I can think of. The Army has been considering a few Bradley upgrades too. Plus a M1A3 is rumored to be in the works.
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Corporal

Epoletov___SPR is on a distinguished road

There is an idea !
As WinSP allows to do fights with participation of several battalions from each party, I suggest to make possible purchase Batalion HQ (Headquarters).

Its feature - it can do Rally for subordinates Company of commanders and further Platoon commanders.
Old August 17th, 2008, 02:38 PM

Corporal

To increase cost VH even up to 999, now 250 points.
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Private

deveen is on a distinguished road

Hi all. Just to introduce myself, I've been playing (and enjoying) SP for awhile now, more WW2, but MBT as well. Thank you all involved in the development of the games.

I have a few comments/question about possible features to the game:

1. Engineer tanks/bulldozers - could it be made for these to be able to push destroyed vehicles from one hex to the next one? Many times a vehicle or a number of them get destroyed and block a road, for example. I've been reading here about limited time of the battle, but I don't mean this as a recovery operation, but rather as a real battle situation. So, for example, one tank gets destroyed, blocks a road, but behind him there is a dozer tank who just moves him over to the side. I believe even in real life this would take a short time to do.

2. Bridge layers - I've seen there was some talk about it, but haven't seen any conclusion. I have had many missions played in the terrain crossed with small streams (one hex) which can get your vehicle immobilized (unless you go over -1 fords; there are just few of these all over the length of the stream). It would be great if somehow bridge could be erected over these short spans.

3. Tank transport - what's the use for these? I've never used them in a game. Is it possible to transport an immobilized tank this way?

Just as a general comment, I prefer playing with breakdowns on, it's much more realistic, but I would enjoy it even more if the things mentioned above could be incorporated into the game. Once again, thanks to everyone developing this wonderful game.
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

"1. Engineer tanks/bulldozers - could it be made for these to be able to push destroyed vehicles from one hex to the next one? Many times a vehicle or a number of them get destroyed and block a road, for example. I've been reading here about limited time of the battle, but I don't mean this as a recovery operation, but rather as a real battle situation. So, for example, one tank gets destroyed, blocks a road, but behind him there is a dozer tank who just moves him over to the side. I believe even in real life this would take a short time to do."

You can, if you want, give an engineer tank enough carry capacity
to load another tank. Any other way to implement this would be impossible or too difficult to be worth it.

"2. Bridge layers - I've seen there was some talk about it, but haven't seen any conclusion. I have had many missions played in the terrain crossed with small streams (one hex) which can get your vehicle immobilized (unless you go over -1 fords; there are just few of these all over the length of the stream). It would be great if somehow bridge could be erected over these short spans."

This has been discussed for years, even before these forums were created.Same answer as above.

"3. Tank transport - what's the use for these? I've never used them in a game. Is it possible to transport an immobilized tank this way?"

IIRC yes. What's the use for these? Well they exist in real life, so why not?
Old August 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Corporal

Quote:
3. Tank transport - what's the use for these? I've never used them in a game. Is it possible to transport an immobilized tank this way?
You can transport the tank with crew inside.
I remember, what disappointment when the empty tank could not be taken away from a battlefield by this machine was.

Well to correct this lack.
Old August 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Private

deveen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
"1. Engineer tanks/bulldozers - could it be made for these to be able to push destroyed vehicles from one hex to the next one? Many times a vehicle or a number of them get destroyed and block a road, for example. I've been reading here about limited time of the battle, but I don't mean this as a recovery operation, but rather as a real battle situation. So, for example, one tank gets destroyed, blocks a road, but behind him there is a dozer tank who just moves him over to the side. I believe even in real life this would take a short time to do."

You can, if you want, give an engineer tank enough carry capacity
to load another tank. Any other way to implement this would be impossible or too difficult to be worth it.
Yeah, I understand that, but the thing with carry capacity wouldn't be possible for destroyed tanks, right? And I guess any other way would be too difficult... Too bad. Thanks for the answers.