.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM

Private

Gaslov is on a distinguished road
Default Question on mistform

There seem to be two contradictory claims on mistform. Baalz says this about mistform:

Quote:

When you're talking about having a 20+ protection (iron /bark skin on top of armor) most of the times you're hit don't do damage (no chance to pop mistform).
The dominions wiki says this:

Quote:

Any hit does 1 dmg. Canceled by hit >= 25 dmg or >= 25%HP or from hit by a magical weapon (but this hit does 1 dmg still). 1% chance of spell expiring each turn on its own.
Which one is correct? In case you're confused, the difference between these two statements is that Baalz is claiming that protection works with mistform. As in, if a successful hit occurs and rolls 9 points of damage against a protection of 11, no damage occurs. The wiki would say that 1 point of damage still occurs.

From my observations in game, it appears protection does nothing for you with mistform. It is only checked against damage >25. The reason I say this is I've seen 32 protection ironskinned, mistformed commanders taking a lot of 1 point damage hits per round against low damage troops (like Bakemono Archers in melee). So was I just unlucky and these two spells do synergize, or is the wiki correct and mistform is actually interfering with ironskin?
Old February 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question on mistform

Its possible that they work together.

A hit lands, protection vs raw damage roll, protection wins out and without mistform no damage would occur but with mistform a default of one damage occurs.

So effectively what could be happening is that increased protection keeps mistform up longer at the cost of every hit now doing one point damage.

For a thug or SC with regeneration that ok.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question on mistform

Easy enough to test - cast creeping doom at a guy with high protection, lowish defense and mistform. Results are as I suggest, a whole lot of 1 damage attacks do no damage at all.

32 protection is only 16 if a critical hit is rolled. Bakemono archers are size 1 so lots of rolls to get some lucky hits...