.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed 12/18 left

It seems Turn 59 was a double header on the elimination front, as both Helheim and Ulm will now only appear in tales of yore. Helheim was played by "rotarr" and Ulm by "Drog the Destroyer"

My thanks for playing goes to you both, and of course for fighting until the end. Both are greatly appreciated by admins and players
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM

Corporal

rotarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed 12/18 left

It's been a fun game for me. I have to thank Baalz for his excellent Helheim guide which I used to good effect for this game (let's hope he wasn't the one who eliminated me though). Unfortunately I wasn't really prepared for the tactics of the person who eliminated me; at least I learned something useful there
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Diplo EA Game - No Wankers Allowed 10/18 left

my troops aren't moving where I tell them to move. They just sit there and get slaughtered. I guess there is some movement rules that I don't know about.

It kind of sucks to throw away 5 months work on some movement errors.

I guess I'll just never try to ever move more than one province at at time from now on.

Last edited by ghoul31; March 6th, 2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Private

Drog the Destroyer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the game. To sum my game up, a lack of indy scouts made me pick a fight based on chance instead of fact to keep up momentum. Of course my target was configured as I had feared and not as I had hoped, forcing me on the defensive burning through gems for early summons to try and stay in the game. After that it was just a matter of time before I got eliminated.

Special thanks for a great job admining the game.
Old March 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM

First Lieutenant

Ok, I figured out what was happening, He would teleport a SC into the province he was moving his army into. Since the SC took the province in the magic phase , my troops that were 2 provinces away couldn't move there. So only part of my army would move there and get slaughtered every turn.

lesson learned I guess
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Not interested in even hearing a reply much less a justification, but I just want to point out that this sort of chatter at this point in the game (when most people have extensive scouting in place) can pretty clearly identify what nation you're playing. With the considerable efforts our selfless coordinator has gone to in preserving anonymity just keep that in mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baalz For This Useful Post:
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM

BANNED USER

@ All

Apologies for the delays to the current turn (turn 64). A player is currently having some computer problems, which I am hopeful will be solved soon, but the exact situation isn't 100% clear to me to give any sort of definite timeframe on the problem being resolved.

I know delays are often unwanted, but sometimes problems suddenly occur that can't be helped by the player. And when this does happen, I don't like the thought of a player having all the time and effort invested in a game written off due to no fault of their own, and forcing them to have a critical stale, or a forced sub turn (with the high danger of the sub playing a game-changingly bad turn). And especially not at this late stage of the game.

But I am aware of the number, and the length of, the delays so far this turn, and I will try and find a solution if the source of the problem doesn't seem to be resolving any time soon. Although I would be thankful for everyone's patience and understanding during this time. Thank you.

----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Not interested in even hearing a reply much less a justification, but I just want to point out that this sort of chatter at this point in the game (when most people have extensive scouting in place) can pretty clearly identify what nation you're playing. With the considerable efforts our selfless coordinator has gone to in preserving anonymity just keep that in mind.
Yes, thank you for this Baalz. As it allows me to take the opportunity to remind everyone to be very careful what they post in the game thread. As the best thread post any of you can make is no thread post at all. I think this has been a very good RAND game so far with regards keeping those ID's secret (at least compared to some I've played in, where id-keeping has been less than satisfactory), and I'd hate to see that change at this late stage of the game

So please can I ask again for players to be very careful what you post on this thread (or any thread). If you have a problem, then please PM me. If there is something you feel you must post on this thread, then please PM it to me and I'll post it for you anonymously. But please can you do all you can to safeguard your nation id. Not only for yourself, but also for the enjoyment of the other players in the game. As being a regular RAND player myself, there is nothing I hate seeing more than a player giving their secret id away with thoughtless thread posts, as it has always greatly diminished my enjoyment of that game as a result.
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:31 AM

BANNED USER

@ All

I've been informed that Niefelhein were turned AI on turn 69. Which really is a great shame seeing as how the game has gone 69 turns without the AI appearing, as this now loses us our perfect record

And it's also a double shame, since to my knowledge it's also the first time one of the rules of the game has been broken

3. There is to be no turning AI by any player at any point in the game.

This is a golden set-in-stone rule for games I admin. I do not care who you are, or who you think you are. You could be the God of this community, or the God of this world for all I care. It is I and I alone who will decide when and if any nation gets turned AI in this game. Nobody else, and I mean absolutely nobody else, gets to decide whether or not a nation gets turned AI.

But from some of the PM's I've received, it seems it will come as no surprise to some of you to learn that Nief was played by Ghoul
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:45 AM

First Lieutenant

Sorry.I forgot about that rule. I only had 2 provinces , and no army, but A rule is a rule.

And I shouldn't have talked about that movement problem either. But when you whole army is being wiped out because of something you don't understand, and you aren't allowed to talk about it, its rather frustrating.
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:59 AM

BANNED USER

@ All

It has been brought to my attention that the rules of the game were broken this turn by R'lyeh, as they cast the Arcane Nexus, which is one of the banned globals. The following is taken from the OP.

Banned spells: Burden of Time, Arcane Nexus, Astral Corruption, Forge of the Ancients (Edit - Wrote acronyms in full to avoid any possible confusion)

In the process of casting this, the Arcane Nexus also overcast another players global, meaning that a rollback is the only real solution to the problem. (as while simply killing the caster this turn would get rid of the Arcane Nexus, it wouldn't bring the previous global back). But before this rollback is undertaken, I will pause the game until I hear (private) feedback on whether or not to continue the game, or end it here by concession.

As due to a request by the Abysia player, previous correspondence I've received recently from a few other players, and based on the current game standings as I know them, I am now asking players for their view on whether or not to concede to Abysia this turn.

So please can everyone PM me their thoughts on whether to concede the game to Abysia or not. (DO NOT POST REPLIES IN THE THREAD)

Edit - I will also be removing the R'lyeh player from of the game as per my usual no leniency policy on players who break the rules (even though this wasn't a case of breaking a rule specific to the RAND element of the game, other factors dictate that removal is required in this particular case)

Last edited by Calahan; April 13th, 2011 at 03:15 AM..