.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Private

anonymity is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiera Mithril Might (Started)

You on the other hand seem to be missing a fort and also everything else you have.
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that is true. Of course, while I expected that victory was possible, it always seemed that you were quite large... Of course you were my only expansion direction. But, you attacked first. You are under the impression that Bogarus knights don't suck, but are sadly mistaken... the point here, point there difference between bogarus knights and knights that are adequate in mid-game is quite telling, with you losing several turns productions to someone you could have taken quickly if you had summoned something tought to take along. I won't blame you for losing the whole communion though, that might have happened to anyone.

The reality is, that even though you might well be able to take my lands, you don't really have much military force here, and if someone really wants my capital they could just roll into town and take it from you... or even me.

Anyway, you need to move past Bogarus knights or you'll be utterly defeated. They are poor right now (actually seven turns ago when you took my first province they were poor, now you have only three).

I was playing this same matchup with my brother, but I had a similar size country... we ultimately decided that Bogarus knights, while good enough for expansion, and though their stats look OK, for knights... marginal knights just aren't all that good, and you don't put that many hp in a square... so they die too fast to be a really decent front line for your communion, which creamed them itself... but I supoose many of the were doomed either way, because they are crappy.

Now if the masters of the game would come and fight for my capital, I would much appreciate it.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

I just did the new turn.

Another 100 horses die. Are you trying to get them killed to reduce your upkeep? That certainly makes sense because of how inefficient the archers and knights are.

It's going to be a year if you actually get my territory... but, somehow I think someone else might think they could take and control this area easily and in a more secure fashion. It is a rich area.

So, I think its funny how you attacked me, a small nation, telling me how much I suck and then take losses greater than I could possibly even output of my own stuff, and take months and months to do so. What part of your two initial armies is even left? Some archers? Pft.
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:10 AM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
You are under the impression that Bogarus knights don't suck, but are sadly mistaken... the point here, point there difference between bogarus knights and knights that are adequate in mid-game is quite telling,
Have you checked the stats on Bogarus' cavalry recently? Their heaviest type is nearly identical to tower knights. The only cavalry you'll find with better stats is generally going to be sacred.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Dice View Post
Quote:
You are under the impression that Bogarus knights don't suck, but are sadly mistaken... the point here, point there difference between bogarus knights and knights that are adequate in mid-game is quite telling,
Have you checked the stats on Bogarus' cavalry recently? Their heaviest type is nearly identical to tower knights. The only cavalry you'll find with better stats is generally going to be sacred.
You are correct. Knights in general are just not good massed as I've been seeing them. I've only used centaurs like he's using the knights.

But, you're right, I'd have killed any knight type. He probably should have used a lot more infantry, less and set the knights and infantry forward more... etc (setup commands)... Plus, I confused his archers with some little clumps of 3 slingers at the front of the field . He has a lot of archers.

I apologize for mismaligning Bogarus' decent knights, as they seem to have been attacked in other places as well...

Last edited by BigDaddy; March 7th, 2010 at 02:46 AM..
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:34 AM

Private

anonymity is on a distinguished road

Well we're well into the midgame, and my knights have certainly as you've pointed out outlived their usefulness. I'm not exactly trying to get them killed (you've deployed some very specific counters though), but I don't really see losing my expansion parties at this stage as a big loss.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

My poor nation is back in the dark ages...
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:52 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yeah, poor you and your EA Eagle and Jaguar Warriors
you don't even need your regular "archaic" troops
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd View Post
Quote:
yeah, poor you and your EA Eagle and Jaguar Warriors
you don't even need your regular "archaic" troops
The first few times I played, I thought they were archaic, but the 4th warrior and the feathered warrior are technically heavy infantry with javelins. And the slingers are first rate slingers. This type of slingers can be used to take many indies as it doesn't have a morale or precision penalty and carries a spear.

But, no, I meant that I'm hemorhaging pretty good and want the game over. Or maybe I'm still evil Geth and want to kill some more mages before they can get to my cap.
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:33 AM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

Hinnom and Fomoria are running away wih this game. So you should end just your war and concentrate on those two. And look at the number of troops ermor has. Fighting each other is the last thing you two need to be doing.

We should all make peace and agree just to fight those three.