The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default What other games do you people play?

Hello, Atrocities's post about how time flies got me wondering what other games you people play? Myself I play both World of Warcraft and Anarchy Online. I poke into both of these every day.

Who knows, maybe we can meet in common games that we play.

Just had to post, Cheers!
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What other games do you people play?

I still play SEIV and Dominions 3 mostly.
I tried WoW for awhile, and AO. Also City of Heros, StarWars Galaxy, and Lord of the Rings Online. If I was going to go back and pay to play again it would probably be City of Heros or StarWars.

But for MMORPG I mostly play Ultima Online on the free servers. Not because its free, just because player run servers are so much better than official ones.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Captain

Kana is on a distinguished road

Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, IL-2, Civ IV+Expansions, Navy Field, Combat Mission 1-3, Poker, Fallout 3, Warhammer 40k Dawn of War+Expansions

Also getting into playing Federation Commander/Star Fleet Battles again, and probably some Settlers of Catan, and Ninja Burger.
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Mostly SE5 here with the occasional game of EA NHL 0X when I\'m in the sporting mood.
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hugh Manatee is on a distinguished road

Guild Wars, It's like Mechwarrior with mages, swords/axes and such. You pick a class, pick a secondary class, make your weapons, pick 8 out of 100s of skills and do your best to kick *** with your team mates. Also Advance Wars DS is great for offline distractins.
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Beyond the ones in my signature, i´ve been playing a lot Megamek lately...
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:55 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

I find myself playing very few games these days, due to the whole full-time student thing. The recent expansion suckered me back into WoW, since I found I could pop in for half an hour, run a few daily quests, and feel like I actually accomplished something. I was playing Tabula Rasa before that for much the same reason, but since it's cancellation was announced, I've just found it to be too depressing to carry on. Still, if anyone was ever interested, it's now completely free to play until Feb 28th when they're shutting it all down.

Aside from that, I played Fallout 3 for a little, before deciding I wanted to spend more time than I had to play it, so it got shelved with The Witcher, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Titan Quest, Overlord, and Beyond Good & Evil to await a time when evenings & weekends are mine again. I've been playing a bit of Dawn of War/Starcraft/Left for Dead multiplayer with some classmates while we wait for something to install/uninstall/work/fail.

Over the Christmas break, I played a boatload of World of Goo, which is probably the most entertaining puzzle game I've played in a good long while. I also recently came across a little gem called King's Bounty, which is all kinds of fun. It's best described a Heroes of Might & Magic clone, but it's got all kinds of quirky little extras that set it apart, like your wife whose inventory slowly fills up with children that give you various bonuses, and whom you need to keep happy or she'll leave with the kids & half your gold. It's also less constrained than HoMM, letting you just mill around the map fighting battles and doing quests, rather than forcing you along with a set of objectives. The only knock I have against it is that you'll occasionally run into a battle against an opponent who's far tougher than anything else on the map, with no indication of what you're getting into until it's too late. That being said, there's a great sense of satisfaction when you win such a battle after 90% of your army is wiped out and you're rewarded with a bunch of experience and loot.

And that's about it. Now if you were to ask me what games I'd like to be playing, you'd get a very different, and much longer reply.
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Eve Online
Mass Effect(finished a few months ago)
Fallout 3(finished a few weeks ago)
Starfleet Command III(just started playing conquest again with a mod to freshen things up a bit)
Team Fortress 2(usually on a cp_orange_x3 server)
Left 4 Dead(on and off its kinda started losing its fun)
Empires mod for Hlaf-Life 2
Mount & Blade
Audiosurf(now and then)

Things I may play soon
KOTOR and KOTOR 2(been awhile since i played though both this will be my 4th run through of each I think)

think that is everything

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old January 14th, 2009, 06:23 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

I play SEV, two daily empire game where I pop in for 5 minutes buy stuff, build things, and collect taxes. I play some games with my nephew. I recently copied over Hearts of Iron 2 to my latest computer after not playing it for some time (I actually made a mod for it several years back. The Domination Mod).

For some reason ( a new system with Vista ) I have bad luck with mainstream games. Heck I have to play SEV on a laptop to make sure it doesn't crash. I've played KOTOR and it always eventually crashes before I finish so I gave up on Bioware games, especially since Mass Effect crashes after 5 minutes. I got Warhammer Online only for it also to crash after I play for 5 minutes. Actually I'm really not that bothered by that one. I was in the beta and intended to have another try once a week or so, and I don't know if I was put off by all the trouble I had but I realised I actually couldn't be bothered. After years of following it and getting into the Beta it was actually quite surprising to realise I simply can't make the time to play an MMPORPG. I wasn't upset or anything, it was just a fact that I didn't have the time and I was ok with that. You've got to laugh

I palyed Crysis, that was good, but once done I haven't gone back. Portal was nice. I tried to play it again but I couldn't remember my damn Steam stuff and the help it gives is terrible. Can't be helped, so I gave up.
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road

After wearing out GalCiv2 I moved on to Sins of a Solar Empire. Found it to simplistic as compared to other games I've played. I've gone into my archives and have resurrected Baldurs Gate 2 Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition and Sim City 4! After a recent trip to the local software store I realized that there is not much out there anymore! I'm going to hang onto the OLD games and see if this trend continues... What ever happened to games like Space Quest and Carriers at War?