This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old April 18th, 2006, 05:37 AM

Private

Tiwaking is on a distinguished road
Default Urr. Help?

Can anyone help me with these errors? I've updated the link here Also: HOW do you change slot box colours?? Please. Anyone
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urr. Help?

Those are all areas for missing items in the SpaceObjects_Xfiles.txt data file. Do you have an entry in that file for the ship you are trying to add?

I'm fairly certain you can change the color of the boxes (there is a comp box color index) but I can't recall what the numbers correspond to (i.e. if they are defined in another data file).
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:21 PM

Private

Tiwaking is on a distinguished road
Default UPDATE

I havent been on because I havent done anything with the Mod for ages. I'm still having the xfiles errors, but I've tested everything by putting bits of my ideas into other campaigns, in this case: The Battlestar Galactica campaign(Which is a huge amount of fun!)

Im still getting errors. The fighter comes up fine, but the game crashes because of mission errors. If no further posts are made, then I've given up in frustration. Does anyone have a compentent editor or brain to help?
Old September 10th, 2006, 02:30 AM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UPDATE

I understand your frustration. Starfury is very hard to mod because you get no information why the game crashes.
Old September 10th, 2006, 05:13 AM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road

Moding Starfury is a pain. I did quit a few times. The manual made by Aron Hall helps a little, but is fairly general. So trying to be creative and add new things is an exercise of error and trial. The best way for me was making little changes on the stock campaigns and see what happens. Do not forget to play in "windowed" mode. It will help you with some errors.

You say that your new fighter loads up fine but the game crashes where? As soon as you start the game?, as soon as you enter the site at the planet or starbase?, or the hangar, or the spaceport, or as soon as you try to go through a warp gate? ... The answer to each of these questions may point out to why is crashing.
At least your ship is loading, that’s one big problem less. On missions, cut and paste from the stock game and just make the appropriate changes to fit your game. 'Events', 'Jobs' and 'Sites' files have to work together to avoid mission errors.
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:36 AM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I have debugged your mod for you. There was a lot of bugs. Most were minor but a few were kinda tricky. It took me a few hours and the game runs with no bugs. I didn't adjust any of your components or ships. The fighters weapon range and damage is low and the energy required is high in relation to the reactor energy generation, but I left those alone so you could see your Mod in action. You can easily fix that how you want it. I didn't fix the Xfile issue with you using the human fighter Xfile for your Romulan and Panasa ships. Don't forget you need some more Portraits for the ships too. I may try to later but I just am trying to learn about modeling. If you are still interested in seeing your mod in working order let me know and I will try and find somewhere to post it.