.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 6th, 2001, 10:56 AM

Default Shipset needed

I am developing an AI to live in the Nexus maps as the nexus owner. It is an evolved Eee with Organic, Crystalline, and Religious tech. I need a shipset so I can stop using the Eee. If you provide one, you get to name the race. Email me if interested at the icon below. Thanks....
Old July 12th, 2001, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Shipset needed

I still need pictures. They can be very simple - geometric theme such as circles with inner bars. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 sided polygons inside the circles. I know absolutely nothing about graphics or I would do it myself...

Please email me if interested at the icon below.
Old July 14th, 2001, 07:42 PM

My monster AI will be ready within a month! A shipset is needed and you get to name the race! Are there NO artists out there with a desire to see their work on a truly monstrous AI ?
Old July 18th, 2001, 12:40 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Hi LCC. I have a shipset which needs an AI, but I don't really think it would be suitable for space monsters. Maybe we could come to some sort of compromise in the RP though - take a look at the space vikings thread and see what you think.

I'd be happy to work with you on my next shipset (although I doubt I will get this one finished before Christams=-(

------------------
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so Brain but, if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?"
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dogscoff:
Hi LCC. I have a shipset which needs an AI, but I don't really think it would be suitable for space monsters.

Thanks, but I seem to have confused things a bit. Clays is not a Space Monster - see thread Monster AI at :
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/For...ML/003218.html

I don't know if that works, never tried it with a long URL before.

Could you give me a thread reference to your new shipset like I just gave ? Basically you open up reply, type a bit, then minimize to bottom screen. Then you open up the thread you want to point to. Then unminimize the reply thread you want to paste into. Then click on the URL reference leftover from the open you just did and CTRL C, then click in the post and do CTRL V. I hope that was not too confusing....

Edit - clicking on the URL reference I just gave DOES take me to the other thread so the method works fine...

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 18 July 2001).]
Old July 18th, 2001, 04:33 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Space viking images:
Space vikings

Space viking stuff responses: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/For...ML/002823.html

For feedback on my shipset creators' table and issues about support for non-standard images:
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/For...ML/003250.html

I'll take a look at your thread. Perhaps there's hope yet - maybe the nexus could be Asgard and your species the Norse Gods living in it=-)

------------------
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so Brain but, if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?"

[This message has been edited by dogscoff (edited 18 July 2001).]
Old July 18th, 2001, 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dogscoff:
Space viking images:
Space vikings

Interesting, but not what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a simple geometric theme. A big circle with a polygon inside. First a bar, then a triangle, then a square, then 5,6,7,8,9 etc sided polygons. Carriers would have a fighter image inside the circle, first level also inside a triangle, then a square, then five sides etc. Similarly for Transports, a cargo box inside a triangle inside the circle, then a square then 5 sides etc. I know this does not sound very challenging, but I see the new race as somewhat simple minded, getting their tech off ruins rather than by hard research. They survive by holding the superior position at the center of the nexus, and ultimately should be able to go MEE and take on the whole quadrant other 19 races. My goal is total victory by this AI by turn 150.

Whoever creates the shipset gets to name the race!