.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 3rd, 2001, 11:57 AM

Default Really big games Version 3

My latest map and the mod to files used to generate it is in the scenario/mod archive under maps/scenarios. I discovered that you can have 100 objects in a system type but not 101. Warp points are not included in the count. You cannot add sphereworlds in systemtypes object lists. But you CAN define a new Huge type plant Giant which is the same specs as a sphereworld if you copy the picture specs in stellartypes for huge.

It will be a couple of days before I have the nexus built from this map. This time I CHECKED for ten turns. Not only will the AI colonize a Giant, they LOVE them. Also I verified that if I put a Large planet in orbit around a Giant/Sphere, then the colony gets planeted on the primary, not the moon. OHO OHO OHO OHO THAT WILL BE FUN. 200 facilities built and 64 billion pop times ten planets on turn one, and the other players just start on large x 20 at 4 billion! This is a bug that I expect will be quickly squashed!
Old July 10th, 2001, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Really big games Version 3

It has been four days since I made any changes to the map. Developing an AI to exploit it is taking longer than I thought. So I posted map9a in the scenario/mod archive SE IV maps and scenarios for anybody who might be interested in playing it. It has 35 clusters plus a central nexus and minimal warp point linkages needed to play. There are few cross connects and no one way warp points yet. That alone would be a couple days work because the map editor does not sort system names alphabetically on add warp point.

I still need a shipset so my AI does not have to steal the Eee one. If interested please email me. You get to name the Race.
Old July 20th, 2001, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Really big games Version 3

See Map10a
My race has a new home at Last after five days struggle. It is a jewel of a map, flawed only by a map editor bug that drew three of the one way warp links. Three hours of trying everything I could think of to not get them drawn failed. Fortunately they do not seriously mar the map. You must install the patch for new planet types to look at the map. It should only take five minutes to do that. Now I can get back to working on AI...

Edit : The map is proportioned to be mirror symmetric in the game view. It does not look as good in the map editor....

[This message has been edited by LCC (edited 20 July 2001).]