.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:10 AM

First Lieutenant

Cor2 is on a distinguished road
Default Traitor in our midst. (strange combat behavior)

Sooooo I have been away from Dominion and the forums a loooong time. Maybe four years, not sure. Anyway, I was playing a nice vanilla solo game with EA Abysia. There was a particular battle that went very strangely. I had a big group of mages in the back launching fireballs and such. We had won easily, and almost all the enemy troops had left the field when one mage decided to turn on his buddies for no apparent reason (no spells cast like charm) and hit one with a pillar of fire. Of course they were all protected by that exploding Resurrection spell and triggered a big chain reaction.

In frustration I deleted the save, I wish I hadn't now. Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior? The only think I could think was that the mage was trying to hit the other side of the battle field and missed so critically that he landed the pillar of fire just a few spaces away, a rare occurance but a non zero chance right? I watched the battle several times, and there were no enemy targets on that side of the battle field.

I later rationalized it that the wizard had been well paid to betray the Abysian race, and he timed his attack perfectly when everyone had the most fatigue. But by that time I had told myself that I had deleted the game.