Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Complete SPWW2 and SPMBT makeover

These are 2 great games! I feel these games can be improved. Salutations to Don and Andy for all the work they've done and continue doing with SPWW2 and SPMBT. I mean keep the core but get all the wish list ideas and have a vote whether to put into the game or discard. Once the votes have been tallied keep the "good" ideas and implement them into the game. If these ideas get implemented add them to the prefs so they can be turned on or off. This will give even more depth to the game.

Last edited by EJ; February 19th, 2009 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: I needed to make things right with fellow members....
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Complete SPWW2 and SPMBT makeover

Your dreaming, WinSPMBT/WW2 are allready complete makovers of SP2
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Not to mention wish list ideas appear all the time, though mostly impossible code-wise
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Imagine the possibilities if a team of developers who LOVE strategy games got the opportunity to make it better.
So the 10 + years and roughly 25,000+ man hours Andy and I alone have put into this don't count? I guess we just don't "love" it enough for you. Most of the "suggestions" for "improving" the game come from people who have no clue what would be involved to program their "bright ideas" or what effect they would have on the overall game or that their "ideas" would be of any interest to anyone but themselves and a handful of others. The player preferences have been in this game since 1996 and there are still people who have no idea what to do with them

I'll tell you what. I'll give you the opportunity to apologize and retract this before I get really pissed off.

Don
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Imagine the possibilities if a team of developers who LOVE strategy games got the opportunity to make it better.
So the 10 + years and roughly 25,000+ man hours Andy and I alone have put into this don't count? I guess we just don't "love" it enough for you. Most of the "suggestions" for "improving" the game come from people who have no clue what would be involved to program their "bright ideas" or what effect they would have on the overall game or that their "ideas" would be of any interest to anyone but themselves and a handful of others. The player preferences have been in this game since 1996 and there are still people who have no idea what to do with them

I'll tell you what. I'll give you the opportunity to apologize and retract this before I get really pissed off.

Don
Damn . . I knew you were going jump in this thread and post before I could issue EJ a warning.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These are 2 great games! I feel these games can be GREATLY improved. I mean keep the core but get all the wish list ideas and have a vote whether to put into the game or discard. Once the votes have been tallied keep the "good" ideas and implement them into the game. If these ideas get implemented add them to the prefs so they can be turned on or off. This will give even more depth to the game. Imagine the possibilities if a team of developers who LOVE strategy games got the opportunity to make it better. Maybe I'm a dreamer but just expressing my thoughts. I can't be the only one feeling this way about these games. All players feel free to express yourselves and elaborate....
I thought this was what was going on over the last "few" years? All the huge free "patches", listening and implementing changes from people almost every day from the forum (and perhaps email, I don't know). I don't know how well wiSPMBT sells, but my guess is that the guys working on the game don't get enough money from the sales to buy a new house every month. They have to care for the game as much as any one of us to continue doing this.

No one is stopping you or any of us to suggest specific changes, but to just imply what you did, is just silly.

I hope it was just bad wording or something.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:
These are 2 great games! I feel these games can be GREATLY improved. I mean keep the core but get all the wish list ideas and have a vote whether to put into the game or discard. Once the votes have been tallied keep the "good" ideas and implement them into the game. If these ideas get implemented add them to the prefs so they can be turned on or off. This will give even more depth to the game. Imagine the possibilities if a team of developers who LOVE strategy games got the opportunity to make it better. Maybe I'm a dreamer but just expressing my thoughts. I can't be the only one feeling this way about these games. All players feel free to express yourselves and elaborate....
I thought this was what was going on over the last "few" years? All the huge free "patches", listening and implementing changes from people almost every day from the forum (and perhaps email, I don't know). I don't know how well wiSPMBT sells, but my guess is that the guys working on the game don't get enough money from the sales to buy a new house every month. They have to care for the game as much as any one of us to continue doing this.

No one is stopping you or any of us to suggest specific changes, but to just imply what you did, is just silly.

I hope it was just bad wording or something.
Insulting the developers of the games you like you should get a time-out
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:54 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Complete SPWW2 and SPMBT makeover

I HUMBLY APOLOGIZE for coming off wrong in this post. I did NOT SAY or MEAN to imply that the work already put into SPWW2 or SPMBT games are not appreciated. I NEVER MEANT ANY DISRESPECT to Don or Andy. I never knew the amount of time that Don and Andy ALONE put into the development of these games. I was one of the people that bought both the enhanced cds. These games are as GOOD OR BETTER THAN most games on the market from consoles to pcs. I stand admonished, chewed out and corrected. Hopefully no one holds a grudge against me. You guys have made me feel like a fresh recruit on Parris Island MCRD SC again. Honest mistake guys with NO DISRESPECT intended....

Last edited by EJ; February 19th, 2009 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: It was necessary...
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:46 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

EJ,

From where I stand and from the little I have the chance to know Don and Andy, I would like to tell you that these people are the most dedicated developers I ever met (during all these years of my involevment as a tester in a dozens of commercials games).

Don and Andy, don't just LOVE developing and supporting these two games, but even more I can assure you (and everyone else) that they have dedicated a big portion of their life on making these games the most accurate and detailed wargames in the market.

cheers,
Pyros
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
From where I stand and from the little I have the chance to know Don and Andy, I would like to tell you that these people are the most dedicated developers I ever met
Have to admit as I have said before the dedication & support for this game is extraordinary. There is no way its money driven, more of a passion I think to create a game they want to play which is why our suggestions even if possible are just that.