World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 15th, 2020, 04:40 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Not to hard to "read between the lines" of your last! After all I seem to remember there wasn't even supposed to be a release this year.

We can only take and appreciate what we can get, while we can get it.

So I'll just THANK ANDY and YOU in advance.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 17th, 2020, 10:11 PM

Lieutenant General

Well for once or very rarely, India has managed NOT to let me down. I submitted changes to the ARJUN Mk-1A (Post 240 in FASTBOAT Patch Page.) which was a "new" item for this upcoming Release.

Well India is ordering 118 of the ARJUN Mk-1A, FINALLY they've done something that'll have an impact on their armor.

Still standing by that MBT as submitted by Post #240 as noted above. It might even be on target to meet the FOC date I picked.

However that MBT picture IS NOT a ARJUN Mk-1A but is in fact the ARJUN Mk-1.

Anyway...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/marc...tle_tanks.html

Anyway got reassigned to another "special project" from the one I started with last week. You love that "ping pong" ball feeling! And yes I remember I volunteering for this almost a month ago.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 18th, 2020, 07:27 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

You know I just read that article a few days ago, and while I did not know that the pic was a Mk-1 vs. a Mk-1A I was thinking man I need to create a scenario for that tank lol.

Have these (or the Mk-1's) been used in combat? If so do you have a source so I can use that to create a scenario? If not I'll need some kind of hypothetical scenario idea.

Anyway thanks for sharing the link.
Old March 18th, 2020, 10:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Everyone can take a deep breath and relax. All the pics of that tank and the Ajeya's in the game are correct now

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 18th, 2020 at 10:39 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 18th, 2020, 10:45 PM

Lieutenant General

They have not. They are currently posted in the Western desert portion with Pakistan and are meant for conflict against them. The T-90S and soon T-90MS (All addressed in the Patch Post/MBT Threads for this year.) will be used to fight on the borders with Pakistan and China.

It should be noted that Israeli's Military and IMI reps evaluated the ARJUN Mk-1 and "dubbed" the tank as the "Desert Ferrari" which is in the refs provided, coming from them, that's high praise considering they have the MERKAVA which must be something like a Bugatti Veyron (I wait for the day I'll have a couple of Million Dollars lying around to have one of those to take to work!)

Even Chinese MOD reps thought the tank very capable.

The revised Arjun Mk-1A will be much better as I think Don stayed with it as submitted.

Last Day of the special assignment and the last day to wake up at that ungodly hour of 5am. Who does that anyway!!! Back to 9 or 10am Friday morning! Sometimes I'm just going to bed then-it's all just crazy to me.!!

Wasn't worried about the pictures as we straightened that out, but it's sure misleading for "someone" else. Hate when refs do that!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 18th, 2020 at 10:53 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 19th, 2020, 07:10 AM

First Lieutenant

I hope I am not hijacking this thread and I know this won’t make the patch (or if it’s even applicable), but thought that it was interesting and wanted to share (also did not know where to post this, so this seemed like a good choice).

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/new-hel...39-8-miles.amp

Some quotes:

“The new weapon in development, called Extended Range Cannon Artillery, not only preserves the GPS-guided precision attack options characteristic of present-day artillery, but also extends attack ranges from roughly 30km (18.6 miles) out to nearly 70km (43.5 miles).“

And:

“The new ERCA cannon, fired from a prototype self-propelled howitzer called the M1299, features a longer barrel and new, self-described “super-charged” propellant. The first operational systems are slated for delivery to the Army by 2023.”

It seems it’s still a 155mm artillery round being delivered, just at a very extreme range. Any other thoughts or links on this?
Old March 19th, 2020, 08:32 PM

Lieutenant General

You'll find all sorts of artillery issues and submissions in the SP and SPAA Developments Thread.

Also I see Mark Shepard posted on the same system in that Thread, Post #149 from a different source.

I would like to point out as well we had some "very lively" but on point discussions in two separate Threads. They were highly informative and covered artillery issues besides Cluster Munitions.

The following are the Thread Titles in the TO&E Forum:
Cluster Munitions after CCM? (Page 4) This one would lead to major changes in the game concerning CM. Based on the Treaty signed by certain countries it was found in the game that they were still using them. Well not anymore.

Disclaimer: That was all Don's fault and NOT anyone else that might have or might not have contributed to that Thread.! Just Sayin!!

There are a couple of Threads on Page 6 or 7.

CM arty modeling (Page 10) Excellent discussion here that as I recalled branched out to effects of artillery against armor if not mistaken.

They are plenty throughout this Forum.

Regards,
Pat

Old March 23rd, 2020, 08:41 PM

Lieutenant General

This is the best place to let you know that two weeks ago SIPRI had updated all their tables to reflect the transactions that occurred in 2019. From the ref. this is how they see the info can be used.

It has proven to be a very valuable tool over the last handful of years and has very useful in dispelling claims that "X" country has "Y" equipment. In those cases I go there first which afterward "fine tunes" my web search to verify SIPRI's data. So far they're "batting a thousand" for you baseball fans.

"The current version was published on 9 March 2020.

The database can be used to address a range of questions, including:

Who are the suppliers and recipients of major conventional weapons?

What weapons have been exported or imported by specific suppliers or recipients?

How have the relationships between different suppliers and recipients changed over time?

Where do countries in conflict get their weapons from?

How do states implement their export control regulations?

Where are potentially destabilizing build ups of weapons occurring?

What is the relationship between access to natural resources and arms transfers?"

https://www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers

Regards,
Pat

Old March 24th, 2020, 08:09 PM

First Lieutenant

So this is the second article I have read on this. Why would the Marines do this? Of curse I am based, I am an old tanker.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...e-corps-tanks/
Old March 24th, 2020, 08:33 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Hi Pat its always interesting to look & tells you who the big boys are. Many countries while they might have high end equipment purchase very few of them.
Have you found any sites that cover ammo sales for tanks? Mainly type of AP rounds sold.