Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Mooseknight: EA 12-nation game, Running - Page 19 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mooseknight: EA 12-nation game, Running

I don't mind vfb. Why not just extend the timer 12h or something?
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:42 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

I don't mind the slight delays.
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:16 AM

Corporal

RadioGibbon is on a distinguished road

Take as long as you need. Theirs no point in looking for a sub when its just a matter of adding a few hours on every now and then.
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:24 AM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

I prefer the longer times anyways. I hate having to submit a turn during the weekend. I am never near my computer, so I have to take an external drive around with me D:
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:35 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!

Timer extended +12h this turn, for Fomoria.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:54 AM

Corporal

Debaser8 is on a distinguished road

After a disastrous first battle for the monkey people the bloody handed druids pushed deep into our land and built a dark temple. Refugees streamed from the land around the temple telling of the horrific sacrifice of an almost limitless stream of virgins. We knew then that when the druids defeated the savages of Mictlan some of them turned down a dark path in pursuit of power. Enraged by the blasphemy being practiced in our lands the entire kingdom rallied to drive the druids and their demonic servants from our land. Just outside the temple grounds our sacred spirits and monkeys met an army of huge boars and horrific demons sheathed in golden armor. After a long and bloody struggle with many noble Yakasha falling we drove the demons away and burned down their temple.

The gurus meditating in mount Kailasa knew in their hearts though that even the great Jatania would be unable to hold back forever the hoards of iron clad boars, vampires and demons pouring forth from Marveni. Unlike us, the druids could make good their losses. The once happy lands of Kailasa will surely be plunged into darkness.

--From the items received after the battle I know that at least one heliophagi died, but my video of the battle shows them all flying away (minus a few body parts). Does anybody have an accurate report of the battle? It is hard to script for the future without knowing what worked and what didn't.
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Major General

My battle report was also inaccurate.

And you can paint us as the villains, but I know for a fact you were planning on attacking me. The druids are neither blind nor deaf, and I think you'll find that while you won the combat, it was far more costly for you than me in the longterm.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Corporal

Debaser8 is on a distinguished road

I think in the context of the game's background/fluff you pretty clearly are the bad guy, i.e sacrificing tons of people to summon up demons. I never mentioned the fact that you invaded me, your longtime ally, without warning, so way to attack a straw man.

As for the victory being pyrrhic, I clearly allude to this in the 2nd paragraph. Due to the assymetry of the war I would have to beat you by a ridiculous margin for me to do more dammage to you than you did to me on a percentage of resources basis.

I was just happy to "win" a battle after the first battle where I was totally massacred without inflicting any damage on you. And given your prepronderance of advantages in almost everything.
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Major General

What greater glory or honor is there than to die for your god? Either as a warrior of the faith on the field of battle or as a willing sacrifice, all who willingly shed their blood for him are called to him in the end. No evil is done here, they willingly go to the greatest of rewards. Do you not also send your servants to their deaths?

And demons? Does a carpenter revile his hammer for being evil? Does a doctor curse his stethoscope? Then tell us, how should we treat your animation of the corpses of your slain. Or should we also revile you for cavorting with entities who claim divinity - there is but one divine entity and his name is I Accidentally a Fleshlight!

Even if we accept that demons are somehow evil, isn't it the act of god to turn even the works of evil to the greater good? Our god merely demonstrates his fitness to rule by mastering even the forces of evil.
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

Does a Moose-Knight revile his steed for being grumpy? Does the hunter curse the antler? Does a moose sh*t in the woods?

Such are questions a diety must ponder on his throne.