BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old July 10th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Corporal

Leslie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrorists

I wouldn't go that far.

I recall the Koran story, and my first reaction was "who cares, just another fairy tale book anyway".

I hear about a terrorist beheading, and my initial reaction is, "yep, just another vicious religious fanatic at work".

The media can't really spin doctor either enough to make me feel influenced by those things.

What I find annoying, is the incessant over reporting of the latest days death toll of servicemen.
Yes, I care, but, I am not interested in being told daily.

Soldiers get killed. It's what being a soildier is about. They are NOT teaching grade 1 in some rural schoolroom.
Is the US drafting soldiers currently?
If not, then everyone of the US serving personel have gotten killed performing a task of a voluntary nature.

The only news I am concerned with, coming out of Iraq, is basically why is the US and it's supporters there. Really.
Not the public consumption reason, but the reason hidden under the surface.

Exactly what are the anti US and supporters forces in Iraq expecting to gain. What is it they are looking to achieve through their own sacrifices.

I think it's clear now, so long after the fact, that most of the WMD line of excuse for Iraq was extremely flawed thinking.
But with such incredible volumes of spin gone forward since, I don't think anyone is going to believe anyone about the original reasons, and if they were credible.

I am not sure there is any real tangible link with Iraq and 9/11. The only thing that appears clear, is Iraq is just a mess the US has gotten stuck in, and now is finding difficult to get unstuck from.
And the US's terrorist enemies know it, and are likely using it, simply because anything that hurts the US is an acceptible option.

I would wager, Bin Laden rather is enjoying the expense that Iraq has become to the US.

I think it's unfortunate, that during the last US elections, too many well meaning idiots were more interested in two men getting married, than what was happening in Iraq.

The media isn't responsible for the news. They just pick and choose what to report. That isn't a crime. What might be really the most tragic, is how people support opinions, based solely on the reporting that is offered.
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I hate to be the one to point this out, but we loose more Americans in traffic accidents in a month than we have in the entire Iraq war to date. We don't hear about those people on the 11 O'Clock news now do we?
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM

Corporal

Leslie is on a distinguished road

Death is part of being human.

I only hope when I die, it isn't from being stupid, or as a result of someone else that was stupid.

I hear of the occasional piece of "good news" I just wish good news got more press as well.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I find that music affects my mood.
Old July 16th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Major

El_Phil is on a distinguished road

The only correct response to terrorism is this:

http://www.warrenellis.com/index.php?p=971

Because "If you’re all Londoners today, that’s eight quid each for the congestion charge."

If you start changing your laws and attitudes because of what they do then they've won.

That's my 15,000,000 Turkish Lira.