BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Con Men Email Addresses

I hate getting emails from people who are attempting to rip me when I try to sell things on line. So given the nature of web worms and bots, I figure what the hell, post their emails on a few public web forums and perhaps their in box will become filled with junk and spam mails.

Here are some address for asshat! Yes, I have received messages from all of these "people" sometimes on the same item they will send me emailname_o1 and 02. It's annoying as all hell to have to wade through these bogus emails to find legit buyers.

So lets let these asshats deal with spam and junk email.

mikecarson00@yahoo.com
mikecarson01@yahoo.com
mikecarson02@yahoo.com
mikecarson03@yahoo.com
mikecarson04@yahoo.com
chriswalker_0@yahoo.com
chriswalker_1@yahoo.com
chriswalker_2@yahoo.com
chriswalker_3@yahoo.com
raul.barcelona@yahoo.com
johnraymond00@yahoo.com
johnraymond01@yahoo.com
johnraymond02@yahoo.com
johnraymond03@yahoo.com
johnraymond04@yahoo.com
johnraymond05@yahoo.com
johnraymond06@yahoo.com
johnraymond07@yahoo.com
johnraymond08@yahoo.com
johnraymond09@yahoo.com
johnraymond10@yahoo.com
smeagol.raptor@gmail.com
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:53 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Con Men Email Addresses

You should send copies of the emails, with complete headers (use 'view source' in your email program) to the ISP they originated from. Obviously Yahoo Mail in this case. Most ISPs, Yahoo included, will terminate their accounts.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Baron Munchausen said:
You should send copies of the emails, with complete headers (use 'view source' in your email program) to the ISP they originated from. Obviously Yahoo Mail in this case. Most ISPs, Yahoo included, will terminate their accounts.
Oh I have. Many many many many many times. Nothing is ever done to stop them.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Thats not true. Ive worked for ISPs and used to be considered rather heavy on the delete key with accounts. Many admins I know of are equally quick. Plus filters and search&destroy scripts are continually being updated on all systems.

Sorry but its abit of a pet peeve when I see "nothing is ever done". I suppose its equal with any enforcement. Cops have to hear about how nothing is ever done about crime. Firefighters hear that nothing will stop the wildfires. It might be hard to win the war but please dont make it sound like millions of people are sitting on their *** doing nothing.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road

While I agree that ISPs will terminate accounts, the problem is with something like yahoo mail is that you can just open up a new email account (which is probably why them just add a number onto their last account name) as yahoo mail accounts are free. Most people who have yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc. email accounts are not using those companies as their Internet Service Provider, they're just signing up for free email accounts. Free email accounts are a dime a dozen and even if you shut down one account, or even get them barred from opening up another account with that provider, they can find a new free email account provider and have a new email account set up in less time than it took me to type this.

Now, true ISPs will definitely delete accounts if there is enough evidence to warrant it and may even cancel their internet account with them altogether, but you must have the IP and trace it back to find out the ISP. We do this when people have tried to attack our servers and ISPs will delete accounts quickly for that; however, if they are based in another country, it becomes much harder to get something done about it.

In any event, although I sympathize with your plight Atrocities (as I have enough email accounts that I get hundreds and hundreds of spam a day, not counting the spam that is autmatically deleted by the spam filters on Shrapnel's and our -mine and Richard's- personal server), I'm going to go ahead and lock this. I'll leave the thread up, but please don't continue to use Shrapnel's site to further this agenda.

Frankly, your actions, although understandable, probably won't give you the desired affect anyway because in all probability these people never pay attention to the email they are getting to these accounts, they're just using them to spam and are not their personal email accounts.

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Closed Thread